1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Tmac a Point-Forward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles, Aug 2, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

tracy mcgrady is a great basketball player at that and the team is fortunate to have a great player like him. only 3-4 other teams can claim they have just as good or better players than tracy :D

2. battousai

battousai Member

where is the moderator when you need one?

someone either lack this up or jack this.

3. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Your hacking is lacking because there really isn't any jacking. :cool:

4. battousai

battousai Member

oops, i meant locking it up or jacking it (meaning hijack the thread)

5. thumbs

I know. But we gotta have fun here as well. ;)

6. HoustonForever

Yes, like Scottie Pippen. ;)

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I'd rather not answer and I really don't care. Why don't you ask Tracy for himself.

8. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

ClutchFans - Tracy, what position do you play?

Tracy McGrady - I'm a basketball player. I don't limit myself to positions.

9. battousai

battousai Member

then i wonder what would Coach Adelman or Coach JVG would say about his comment?

10. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

lol ;)

11. blink

blink Contributing Member

i voted point foward because that's what i think tmac could be classified as. all last season, people talked more about his passing ability than his scoring (due to his back, whatever).

however, i dont give a crap either but voted for the first option to annoy tracyyao.... because it's simply hilarious.

12. thumbs

Adelman: "He be a taller baller I annoint the joint point." ;)

13. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

JVG - tracy's right. that's why i played him at every position outside of center. i'm sorry to all houston fans that i put so much responsibility onto tracy. maybe he should have just been a point forward.

adelman - he's right. but i'll let him be scorer this year so he'll have less responsibilities and thus be much better come playoff time. that's why i'm better than the stubborn JVG.

14. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

T-Mac is a lot like Magic Johnson. Magic played all 5 positions in his day and I firmly believe that T-Mac has the size, ball handling ability and talent to do the same.

15. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Lets go old school Rockets. Rodney McCray brought the ball up all the time for a couple of season because John Lucas got busted for drug use. The other point guards sucked and the coaches wanted to put the best 5 on the floor.
    The shooting guards had decent handles, but they would get killed bringing the ball up against the other teams point guard. McCray had good enough handles to bring the ball up against the other teams SF. So he would bring the ball up the court and pass it to a guard who would initiate the offense.

Two or three years later the Bulls are facing the same problem. They had really bad point guards. Pipen had good enough handles to bring it up the floor and kick it into Jordan. Later he became a better passer and got more assists.

McGrady has the handles to bring the ball up the floor and initiate the offense. And the court vision and ability to make great passes. However the coaches did not want him bringing the ball up the court because it would tire him out. Let another guy do that. However he did initiate the offense much of the time. And he led the team in assists. Setting up the offense and getting your team mates involved is the main responsibility of a point guard. Bringing the ball up the court is almost irrelevant. So I would say McGrady is point forward.

16. Chronz

Chronz Member

Well said, a pointforward doesnt need to be the guy to bring the ball up everytime (although Tmac did that extensively come playoff time, possibly a reason why he was so tired) but if hes the guy running the offense and setting everyone up then he can be considered a PointForward.

It really doesnt matter I agree with that, but those saying he isnt and Bron is couldnt be more wrong.

17. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

18. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

This is what McGrady would say if i asked him if hes a point forward.

Me- Do you think your a point forward?

T-Mac- WTF, Hell No i'm a swingman. Point forward Who the hell told you that? i'm just running the offense because JVG is on crack more then half the time.

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

very valuable posts...im glad you braught this thread back from the grave yard

20. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

I want to know who is smart here and who isn't.