1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Tilman broke????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 31, 2019.

1. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Looks like mike is being lowballed but also worried about our future roster

Mathloom likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am surprised you are not concerned at all, we might have another roller coaster season ahead of us.

Mike’s uncertain future could be the start of it.

Gray_Jay and Mathloom like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Relatively. Broke as to not willing to spend for his team, he can still spend for himself.

Mathloom likes this.
  4. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

and what % will the stock market go up next year, Nostradamus?

lw17 likes this.
  5. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i agree with you 300% about tilman treating this franchise like a business which brings the biggest question for an investor....when do you cut bait on a depreciating asset (harden)?

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

they better hold onto Harden for dear life and never let go...we are nothing without him

without him, tickets will not get sold, revenue will decrease, and the team will be completely irrelevant

we might as well have been the Charlotte Hornets of the WC before Harden...nobody gave a fck about us

Gray_Jay, Mathloom, ryano2009 and 2 others like this.
  7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

A decade in debt and equity markets. What will McDonalds be adding to their value menu next year?
    Wouldn't say its just a depreciating asset, it is still an asset that generates revenue, so you need to look at what you're replacing him with. Are the player/players you're replacing him with going to generate enough net income for you to survive operationally including being able to service your debt. Typically you would forecast longer term, my assumption is that Tilman doesn't have the runway to be looking that far ahead. There are too many variables to answer that question easily, in a scenario with Harden gone, CP3 is likely gone as well, then you start looking at the team as a whole and their impact on revenue. It is difficult to accurately quantify one player's isolated impact on net income in a team sport.

My biggest concern with the Houston market is the lack of enthusiasm with a competitive team. We've had one of the best players of the decade on the team, but he is not well liked among neutral fan bases. How does this impact net income, would having an older Lebron James on your team with a similar result net more to the team? If I were to guess, it would be yes, but it is purely a guess.

tc0330 likes this.
  8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It is a guess based on information we all have about his investments, the industry he is heavily invested in, historical results of that industry, how teams have been financed, how teams have been valued, who has been successful and who has not. This is just taking very limited available data and coming up with an opinion. I have a decade of exp in debt and equity markets, so why not apply it to something here for fun. I made a statement based on my opinion as a fan, just as I would after watching a game and I am not an NBA coach or scout, wrong / right, who cares. I'm not stating it as fact. This is what this entire forum is based upon, do you ask if people are qualified to have an opinion on anything basketball related on here?

Lawlruschang and daywalker02 like this.
  9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm seriously happy this is all coming out. I posted on here about my experiences as well as my family's dealings with him for two decades, but I was shot down by all the Coog fans, etc when he was hired and I spoke about the truth and how you all would hate this guy soon. Hate to say I told ya so, but I did. I knew he'd ruin our beloved franchise. **** him straight up. Sad to admit but I hope he runs this franchise into the ground. He deserves nothing less.

Buck Turgidson and daywalker02 like this.
  10. rockets13champs

If we are in track to miss playoffs dantoni would be fired anyway

11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Damn seems like you know from experience. Care to share?

12. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

I know @Nook said he worked for Tilman before and said some nice things about him

13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Last I remember Rockets were willing to give 4 firsts and I think Gordon for Jimmy. Pretty sure that would have put us in the tax. Those who complain about the tax should tell us what they suggest they could have done that would have significantly improved our chances.

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder how his bond sale is going/went? status?

@heypartner ?

Im on the lets wait and see..Tilmafia deserves that benefit of the doubt.. for the moment.

money laundering and credit shell games are a funny thing. There are times when you might find cash hidden in a wall at toyota center and other times its just a hundred dollar handshake.

15. Nook

Nook Member

I did legal work for him. He was demanding but he was nice and paid all of his bills.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  16. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

He clearly wanted to avoid the repeater tax penalty and I can't say I blame him. Who likes to give away free money to any "governing" body. I'm not to sure on the specifics, but the bottom line is he made the right business move and still had a pretty competitive team with high expectations. The team failed him in my perspective not visa versa.

17. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Who? That over weight cry baby who won’t watch Rip Hamilton tapes and model his game around that? We need to trade him for kyrie. A true leader and player that runs around screens and stuff

Reeko likes this.
  18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tilman is not broke.

Tilman is broken.

Learn from this.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Shhhh.....Drake owns a Boeing 767.

20. Carl Herrera