1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this years team better than last years team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pat, Mar 9, 2019.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL, keep being mad and whining, then. Was only worried about your mental health and your man card.

So much crying and all.

LMAO

topfive likes this.
  2. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Oh, I'm just objectively looking at the big picture. It sounds like you homers on the board whine and cry whenever some dares to say they're not going to win the championship because of some flaws. lol

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

here you go bud

https://www.dalecarnegie.com/en/topics/people-skills

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Them:
    [​IMG]

Andre0087 likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Last year's team had better chemistry and fit, this one is not quite there yet.

DD

J Sizzle likes this.
  6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

no, last year we had better chemistry and less health issues.

We have too many health problems this year, it's hard to imagine us staying healthy in the playoffs.

7. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

If harden can iso like a god in the playoffs, no team would have a chance.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With Luc healthy last year's team was better. He was a key cog, and losing him was probably the 2nd biggest reason the Rockets lost to the warriors.

This team is better than last years playoff team, but not better than pre-injury Luc

9. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

Yes, because of James Harden. This year's team will have a fair shot to win it all. NBA playoffs (at least in the West) are determind by a few possessions down the stretch. Having the same core of Harden, Capela, CP3, PJ with West Finals experiences is valuable. I see a relatively easy path back to the West Finals. The rest is heart.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. ilias

ilias Member

Last team was quite a bit better. However, this year we do not need to be as good to win it all. If we get to 95% of how we played in last year's playoffs, we have a strong chance.

J Sizzle and bmelo like this.
  11. solid

solid Contributing Member

The record says no.

12. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

"Roll players" I like it!

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Record is not reflective of the talent on the current team. Rockets started the season with what proved to be dysfunctional parts. How many players are gone now, replaced with more capable ones? Besides, last year's team was healthier.

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think a lot of people forget that we were not very healthy last year.

Harden missed 10, Paul missed 24, Ariza 15, CC 8, Gordon 13, Luc 21.

Pat and J Sizzle like this.
  15. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

The performance of shampert is weaker than House and Ennis.

16. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

No. The defense isn't there yet. The starters generally aren't conclusively winning their minutes against other starters.

The depth is better than last year's team, so we're better positioned to weather injuries. But depth is less of a concern in the playoffs.

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jason Kidd just came right out on NBA TV and said this year's Rockets team is better than last year's Rockets team.

so we got that going for us . . . which is nice.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Hey Elmo! Someone thought you were a foreigner, but I told them you're just a burner account and "shampert" makes that obvious. What country are you from?

topfive likes this.
  19. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Nah, we're not as good mainly and mostly because cp3 isn't as good as he was last year. Now I'm still pulling for him to somehow get back there and he's played better on this win streak in every way (except his shooting), but him not being able to score as well as last year lessens some of our options offensively. Harden looks better at times this year but it's banking too much on him to make shots if cp can't do what he did last year and have a handful of those high 20 pt to 30 pt outings. I seriously doubt we would have beaten the jazz in game 5 if not for cp3's heroics, but I do have more faith in this year's Harden than last year's.

Secondly, our defense has been so inconsistent. There have been some real gems and some completely garbage defensive performances and unless we maintain this for the rest of the season, I don't know that we've proved it yet.

The bright spots is that, in subtracting mainly trevor ariza (not counting ryno and mbah a moute who both got zero PT in the playoffs), we've added austin rivers and faried, which subtracts a lil defense but gives us a little more options than in the past. The more players that D'antoni actually trusts, the better. No more 7-8 man rotations ... please. If we get to even 9, I'll be happy ish.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not sure if last year's had those mental lapses and would lose a quarter in a miserable fashion and would still eke out a win.