1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this the worst team you've ever watched?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 5, 2021.

?

Is this the worst NFL team you've watched

1. Yes

68.2%
  2. No

18.2%
  3. Maybe

13.6%
  1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

it's gonna take at least 5+ years until we even sniff getting out of the bottom cellar if at all.
    Talent deficient at all position, religious charlatan influence on our clueless owner, incompetent delusional HC.

literally no one to root for on this team.

2. raining threes

So not listening to what two HOF HC's and going with your gut is the definition of a Moron.

This is on Cal, not even Easterby, Cal knew what your guy was doing and re-signed Watson anyways. Easterby just did his job, which was to let Cal know what Watson/Hopkins were up too.

Watson could be a martian and he's totally to blame for having to do a full rebuild instead of a partial rebuild. This is what happens when you lose your supposed franchise QB. It would happen to any team. Personally I'm glad that Cal and company are being forced to clear the decks, because I didn't think you could win with a selfish person like Watson as your team leader anyways.

Yes you are trying to give Watson a free pass. Buzbee is trying to represent his clients (Who nobody seems to have any empathy for) to the best of his ability. So far he's done a great job. Watson wont be playing football this year and most likely next year as well if the depositions drag out and the cases aren't scheduled to be heard until next summer. This should give Watson a reason to settle, but it probably wont since he's getting paid anyways.

If this goes criminal he certainly wont be playing next season and depending on whether he's convicted he may on be playing prison yard ball for the next few years.

3. Major

Major Member

They could have but the fans didn't know about any of the Watson stuff back then and would have revolted if the Texans traded the star QB they'd been looking for the entire franchise's existence after he had taken them to the playoffs in consecutive years. And other teams would wonder why the hell the Texans would trade a franchise QB in that scenario and it would likely not have ended well. It would be like the Chargers suddenly deciding to trade Justin Herbert.

The best they could have done was not extend him for another year. But again, that would have led to trading him for nothing.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I voted no......because I don't watch them.

I have not watched a single game this year. Not even for the comic relief. I have never gone an entire year without watching Houston professional football and I've been watching since the late 70's. I watched all those bad Oiler teams. Even when they sucked, at least it was entertaining. This team is unwatchable because they suck AND they're boring.

I can't believe that at one time, I used to defend this franchise. Now I've joined the other side.

IBTL, juanm34, TheRealist137 and 2 others like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Save for the day they fired BOB and the first half against the Chiefs in the divisional round (when I had like 5 beers in me and stupidly let myself get excited again), I have been in complete "this is hopeless" mode since September 22nd 2016.

That's uhh... *checks math*.... 1,900 days.

Basically I am dead on the inside and waiting for 2023.

7. raining threes

Unless your plan was to trade Watson to the Redskins or the Chargers and draft Herbert, which is what I wanted BOB to do at the time. (BTW, I'm a fan but I guess what I wanted didn't matter.) Bottom line is Cal knew what was going on to some extent before the extension and could've traded Watson. He bowed down like a Cuck to a portion of the fan base and is now suffering the repercussions of that choice.

Hopefully the lesson Cal learned is to thoroughly vet any players he's going to give max extensions too.

#87 raining threes, Dec 9, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Can you please explain how McNair knew about this prior to September 2020?

That's some pretty incredible news.

9. Buck Turgidson

Dude's had a massive issue with Watson basically since he was drafted, so take that for what it's worth.

Or he is in fact John C Prepper.

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

What r u waiting for? unlike basketball, Caserio needs to hit a sht ton of picks b4 we even come close to being mediocre

11. Buck Turgidson

This is an Astro-level rebuild unless (and maybe even if) they somehow find a franchise QB in the next 2 drafts.

Only difference is I trusted the Astros ownership and FO.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

2023 will be a new coach, a crap ton of high value picks, and a relatively lean balance sheet.

At that point we enter the "I can watch because now what happens could potentially matter" phase.

raining threes likes this.
  13. raining threes

Deeann Watson told Janice, that was the reason Hopkins was traded.

Also remember when Hopkins complained about being followed around by PI's? Watson and Hopkins were running together during this time.

14. raining threes

Remember all of the b!tching that went on during the Astros rebuild and the lack of trust in Crane? Same thing is happening here. Most fans dont embrace the rebuild. The rebuild was badly needed even before Watson went full on Perv. The fact that as long as the McNair's had Watson to market there would be no change. Good news is that things will be better eventually now that change has been forced upon the McNair's. It's just going to take 3 years to rebuild. Enjoy the tank/rebuild like you did with the Stros.

15. Buck Turgidson

No, I don't, because I didn't. That franchise had smart people from ownership on down, said what they wanted to do, then did it, and then had a 6+ year run of excellence that is still ongoing.

The Texans have exactly zero trust or any of those things happening.

So, no, solid comparison though.

#95 Buck Turgidson, Dec 9, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    Deep Steel Truth and Fulgore like this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

And all this is according to who, exactly?

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

1) what's your source?

2) how does Deshaun's mom tipping off Janice McNair result in Hopkins getting traded?

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Delusional Mcnair/Easterby Stans spinning that a rebuild was necessary.
    After years of defending BoB, now rebuild is finally necessary.

We were a fking contending team that gave up on Kubiak cause he lost the locker room (reasonable). The talent was always there Sht ass BoB came and slowly got rid of everyone.

We have posters like raining, scarface sucking on BoB teats cause AFC south title while ignoring that we get ass blasted every fking playoffs.

Rebuild was necessary my ass. It only happen because we kept BoB, imagine if we kept Vrabel and fired BoB. Man was never good at his job no matter what scarface and the other BoB bootlickers thought.

#98 DatRocketFan, Dec 10, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  19. raining threes

It's out there,you can choose to believe it or not.

Nothing, I was referring to Hopkins complaining about the Texans having PI's following him around. That's out there too.

20. raining threes

Then you're only remembering what you want to remember. I seem to remember people saying Crane was a cheapskate and Springer's Super 2 status etc.... Then there was Drellich.

You like it because the complete rebuild worked and the results of the rebuild. Many didn't like the journey. What interests me is where the Astros go from here without the genius level guy who built this.

The Texans are at the beginning of the rebuild and you don't like the guy in charge of the rebuild that has 6 rings and worked for that org for 20 years.

I'm going to enjoy the ride just like I did with the Astros.