1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this the worst team you've ever watched?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 5, 2021.

?

Is this the worst NFL team you've watched

1. Yes

68.2%
  2. No

18.2%
  3. Maybe

13.6%
  1. mario_v

mario_v Member

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

And I remember watching Bill on NFL Football Follies. He looked every bit the incompetent imbecile that he was.

raining threes likes this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Firing Culley would be like admitting you hired a fall guy. That would be a real blow to your already garbage reputation as an org.

Culley is probably not long for this world (he was underqualified to begin with) but you can't hand the guy a lump of dog ****, ask him to make chicken salad, and then get mad when you get dog **** salad instead.

Even if I predict Culley is unfit for the job, he deserves a chance to actually prove it to me with something better than this sorry ass roster.

4. HillBoy

For the last time just give it up because there is no way in hell that the McNairs will voluntarily give up their money machine. If you choose to continue following the Ponzi scheme that is the NFL, you must accept that in the NFL, financial success does not depend on a team's on-field success. If that were so, teams like Detroit, Cleveland et al would have folded long ago. As long as the league gets that TV money, you can have sock puppets (the McNairs) as owners and the team will be financially successful. The Texans still got paid Sunday even with NRG three quarters empty and game tickets selling for $6.

And this is why I laugh at the theory of the "tank" as a strategy that will right this cluster**** ___ (fill in the blank) years down the way because you are assuming that the same morons who created this mess will somehow magically wake up one day with the intelligence to fix it. Decades of watching Houston Oilers football is proof that ain't gonna happen here. And 20 years in, the Texans are doing their very best to outdo the Oilers in futility.

Clutch City1993 likes this.
  5. raining threes

Agreed with the 1st part of this post.

You're a damaged Oilers fan. I just hope Cal was telling the truth and is turning all football decisions over to Caserio. Even Bud eventually turned football operations over to Gillman/Bum/Herzeg/Holovak.

6. HillBoy

Not really - that ship sank over 30 years ago. One thing growing up with a shitshow joke of a football team has taught me is that in Houston, you cannot allow yourself to become emotionally invested in the local professional football team because it is a wasted effort. I had to learn (the hard way) to be a realist when it comes to Houston professional sports. And with professional football in Houston, the reality is that the more things change, the more they stay the same. This city's pro football teams are an afterthought in this state for a reason. And let's not kid ourselves, the number one person in Texas who is laughing all the way to the bank about this is Jerry Jones because he knows that thanks to these bozos, his Cowboys are THE NFL team to follow in Texas (not that they deserve it).

Sorry but I'm not ready to annoint Caserio as the savior just yet because of the sneaky way he was hired. So Cal pays a search firm $600K to vet GM candidates only to completely toss their recommendation into the trash, fly up to New England with his "good buddy" Jack and hire the guy his "good buddy" Jack wanted for GM. Caserio then turns around and hires someone who was CLEARLY unqualified to be head coach. And yet, I'm supposed to ignore what my eyes plainly see and instead have "faith" that a guy who worked in the same building as Bill Belichik can somehow replicate his success. Sorry, no - I am willing to take a wait-and-see approach and give him ample time to show what he can do but that's about it. The clock is (once again) ticking for the Texans.

7. SuraGotMadHops

I remember a time when the primary Texans concern was the right side of the offensive line.

Oh how I pine for the days of Kubiak, Rick Smith, Wade Phillips, Schaub, Johnson, Cushing, Foster, Watt and Owen Daniels. And to think I used to complain about Gary Kubiak as a head coach.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Texans are lost cause no matter how you slice it. We will be terrible to mediocre for a long time. The sooner you realize that the Texans will be garbage for the next decade, the easier.

9. HillBoy

Well, the HOPE around here is that Caserio can get this ship off the bottom in 2-3 years. That remains to be seen - especially their attempt to clone "The Patriot Way". My gut tells me he has about 5 years max and then the cycle will repeat itself...again.

10. raining threes

I can see how you can feel this jaded way.

I'm glad Cal didn't hire the people he gave 600,000 grand to give him suggestions as to who he should hire. Why? That firms last suggestions lead to 6 years of BOB. Instead he listened to what HOF'ers like Dungy/Johnson told him to do. What was this? Go with his gut.

The jury is still out on Caserio, but I like his 1st draft and look forward to seeing what he can do with a full compliment of high draft picks in this years draft.

You can choose to be a pessimist, but I choose not to live this way. BTW, we are in the middle of a lost decade of NFL football in Houston for one reason and one reason only, Cal McNair chose to pay a sexual predator top dollar knowing somewhat of his perversions and after burning the house down a total rebuild had to happen.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Exactly. The Rockets at least have a plan and are a franchise I trust organizationally. Thats why they still have my attention and probably always will even though they suck right now.

The problems with the Texans are far greater than them simply sucking on the field. It's sucking in every aspect organizationally. They've always been incompetently run. They are NOTORIOUS nationally for not only making "bad" decisions, but making really, really stupid decisions. Their ownership is among the worst in professional sports. The team has no culture, no identity, nothing to relate to. They are generic in every sense of the word, on top of being poorly operated. They are cartoonishly pathetic. I also think Bill O'Brien left such a sour taste with this fanbase that it will be very difficult to ever recover from. He was a miserable prick and the team just kept doubling down on him.

I've completely cut ties with them, something I've never done with another team (especially a Houston team). Haven't watched a single second this year and won't going forward. I've been trying to keep up with the local Broncos a bit, just to have a team to latch on to. I find it really hard to root for a team that isn't from your hometown, but thats where we are at this point.

a time to chill likes this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Maybe Caserio has been playing 4d chess this whole time.

"I'm not bringing in McDaniels."

Hires a terrible coach.

After a year, fans are clamoring for McDaniels, his good friend.

raining threes likes this.
  13. mario_v

mario_v Member

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Haven't posted in Texans forum in a while but the answer is yes. And it's not really even close IMO.

15. phasors28

phasors28 Member

I’m not sure about team but definitely the worst organization. Cal is tone deaf and doesn’t seem to care but the worst is Easterby. He has no business being involved or influencing an NFL team.

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Might be the worst offense though the early Carr years were terrible.

I still standby that this is arguably the least talented roster in NFL history.

Fulgore likes this.
  17. Major

Major Member

If the Texans hadn't paid Watson his extension, they'd be in the same exact situation they are in now, except they wouldn't be able to trade Watson for a bunch of picks in the offseason. They'd have just had to let him go for nothing.

18. raining threes

They could've traded Watson before extending him and gotten a lot more than they're going to get forhim since his sexual perversions became exposed.

19. HillBoy

Then why spend $600 large in the first place? To make it LOOK good publicly? Sorry but that's what morons do which is why this franchise is the shitshow it is today. And this crapfest isn't on Deshaun but that's going to be the official excuse. Watson didn't hire Culley nor make the call on Caserio nor is responsible for the Easterby "culture" in the organization but yeah, it's all his fault. I remain extremely suspicious of that entire affair because it just screams "Jack Easterby" to me. It's the oldest move in the playbook: make the black guy a scapegoat.

Now before you start choking on the battlered koolaid, let me be clear: I am not excusing Watson's questionable behavior nor am I giving him a free pass. But the timing of this hitting publicly with Buzzbee "suddenly" popping up after Watson asks to be traded because he's done with the Texans and all just doesn't jibe with me. We know that Easterby was having players followed so they had to already know about Watson's extracurricular activities but somehow chose to overlook them until it suited their needs. I just find it most strange that Buzbee didn't go to the police until it was pubicly pointed that hadn't been done. At any rate, it appears to have worked judging by the posts I see here especially those from BTG. Watson is now a "rapist", "sexual predator", etc. who is the scum of the earth who has single-handedly destroyed the Houston Texans.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I had forgotten this team existed until I saw the ticker that they had outright released Zach Cunningham. Then I laughed my ass off. This team is a joke and the blame starts at the top.