1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this the end of the Daryl Morey era?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Sep 10, 2020.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I am not sure people realize who is in the wings when Morey is gone, its Fertita's r****ded son.

You have no idea what you are asking for.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I was being sarcastic, theres no such things as down YEARS when you are competing for a championship, especially when you are literally half the team .

You seem to think it's perfectly okay for Chris Paul to **** the bed for an entire season making Harden play 45 minutes a game and literally average 50 ppg to save our playoff chances, only to come back and **** the bed even more in the playoffs. I don't think it's okay and it's 100 percent his fault that we were forced to make a move.

Blame WB all you want, Its 100 percent Chris Pauls fault that he's even here in the first place.

I like you guys are all giddy that Chris Paul finally adjusted his diet and actually came in game shape with OKC. Well what the **** was he doing in the off season of 2018, stay at home and count his money only to show up and get injured 15 games into the season? Why didn't he take care of his body while he was with the Rockets.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dude I’m no fan of his but that same crap we do aka “headless chickens spamming 3s” is what CP prevented us from doing. Just watch the game he went down. That win was on him. You’re really stretching it here, the composure and discipline he brought to the team with hardens talent was a sight to be seen. Games got boring in the RS and even when they got beat unexpectedly by Utah that one game we all knew an ass whooping was coming .

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Many times? They beat us twice with Cp3 and Harden, that whole year we were getting the better of them.

Like, the very next year we kept it close in all 6 games even with a much worse team. That should tell you enough. Cp3 would have gotten that win, you can choose to believe differently, that trade was not a good one.

5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Asset? Moreyball is a gimmick. Jacking up 3's while ignoring midrange is the DUMBEST concept in basketball history. Ppl should feel dumb believing we could even win a ring playing this way

Bearded13 likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

We needed Ariza and Moute because they were flat out better players than Shumpert and House.

I guarantee you no one thought Rondo was ever going to perform this well. All this crap is just narrative based, yea he's doing well playing next to Lebron and AD, congrats. Anyone would have gone after Danny Green as well.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What film disproved my claim that Harden is stationary and easy to double? What stat disproved that claim?

All you have is platitudes about me being disproven by some ambiguous stat or film. Please show me. You don't even know what my criticisms are.

Here are my primary claims of harden that I believe are his worst traits:

He is heavily dependent on the whistle hence he is one of the few superstar guards in league history to have more points from fta than fga

He is extremely stationary and easy to take out of games in late game situations. Do I really need to post film of this? Anyone who watches Harden and the Rockets game in and game out can see this for themselves. It's self-evident.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Player's are allowed to have down years, it happens. Westbrook isnt having a down year, he's just bad. Your argument never had anything to stand on to begin with.

He changed his diet that year, he was always going to come in to better shape the very next year. And again his down year WAS STILL BETTER THAN WESTBROOK THIS YEAR.

9. jowman

jowman Member

Cp3 killed this team. Never would’ve been traded if he wasn’t so injury prone or played like crap last year..

apollo33 likes this.
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I don't know who believed we could win a ring this way (other than maybe D-Rock LOL), rather than it afforded us the best opportunity to win a ring.

Pretty key difference.

And small ball isn't really our problem, lack of good players is.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

All that is fine but it doesn't mean we automatically beat GSW in a game 7.

That's all I'm saying. We have to get rid of holding on to this one year as if it is proof that all this can work.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Have you EVER seen him doubled like his when we had proper spacing on the court. Do you realize all the Harden only lineups are great in this series. Westbrook kills the spacing.Harden is statistically having one of his best playoffs ever.

And I havent said Harden hasnt been bad in late game situations but you that IS ALL YOU TALK ABOUT man, I've said it time and time again. You can't break anything down, the people who actually do never agree with you. And you are just tiring to talk to because you rely on your garbage eye tests, do no talk to me.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Your point can be extrapolated tomliterally any game. We had HCA, if CP was playing going into game 7 there was no guarantee GS would win. Beauty of basketball, fast paced game where a lot can change. They matched up pretty well with GS that year.

14. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I don’t know what the out is in his contract but he just signed a 5 year $40M extension. So doubt he is going anywhere. More likely D’Antoni is gone, maybe the Rockets trade EG, move on from Tucker. Rebuild the back end of the roster. Doubt they move Harden or Westbrook at this point. If they move Westbrook then they definitely are moving Harden.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro, you literally went on someone's page to tell them they had no friends, you constantly harassed @D-rock and now you wanna say take it easy,...please. I apologize for the misunderstandings. But for the most part I dont really like how you post or interact with people.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, many times. They beat us enough. If your argument is so true then why didn't we just sweep them with CP3 then? He's such kryptonite against the Warriors after all, why didn't we just sweep them?

You're also not factoring in Iguodala either, Iguodala made a huge difference for that team, they didn't have much of a bench really outside of him.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Again, my apologies I did not know this. My previous point still stands however.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  18. Caesar

Caesar Member

Maybe it could win if he could actually assemble a roster full of pure shooters. We have a few streaky shooters at best and most are just trash with only certain spots they can hit from.

19. pass_to_Hakeem

If that’s the case, he will run the team into the ground and I can’t imagine people going to support them

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes I've seen Harden get doubled and easily denied the ball in multiple playoff appearances over the past half decade. Even in the great series he had in 2019 against the Warriors he was easily denied the ball in the 4th in multiple games.

JayGoogle likes this.