1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this the end of the Daryl Morey era?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Sep 10, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

He brought effort and I applaud him for that, I really do. He brought it more than James, but they just arent a good fit together.

2. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Everyone’s a little stressed right now eh mate, haha

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm just saying the whole "Well he put up great stats in the playoffs!" is going to get ignored.

All people will remember is that he didn't get there. That's it.

4. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I’m done with Morey. He’s been here a while! (Since Steve Francis)

Harden is not getting us over the hump.

The league doesn’t want us to win with small ball.

Let it die already eff it.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro come off it, you and him never post with any substance whatsoever and constantly harp on dumb points, then when evidence his you in the face, you still double down. Dont talk to me.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Don't confuse you disagreeing with a lack of substance.

I can just as easily make the claim towards you but I don't. You have a different take than me.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Next year?! Bro he’s been the same player he is now for the past decade. This is some serious denial.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Because they only won by 9 points. Like sorry if I believe we would have won with our second best player. Believe whatever you want, I dont care. You're just predisposed to thinking the Warriors were just better than us because if championship pedigry or whatever, I dont care about that.

Yea whatever, bro our second best player not being here surely would have lost because the Warriors would just willed it with their championship DNA...lol.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Morey remains the single greatest asset this organization has. Harden will eventually not be good anymore, but Morey will always be outstanding.

I fear for him, because he has noticeably been in IDGAF mode since TIlman forced his hand on the Westbrook deal.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

You don't post stats or films to back up your claims or even tweets, what else am I supposed to think? Like I'm tired dude's talking out of their butt on here without anything to back it up.

11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

You’re too emotional, I think our last exchange went over your head. I’m only saying that because what you think I said is not in fact what I was saying. It’s amusing.

also lighten up man, it’s a basketball forum. People have controversial and strong opinions they might be the friendly neighbor or someone else down the street. Can’t take thsi stuff that seriously.

12. fchowd0311

98% of the takes don't come with film or tweets. What a horrible bar. I express my take based on watching the game. There is no agenda and I figured as everyone here watched the same game, it's unnecessary. The vast majority of your takes don't involve it either.

I'm sorry I don't post tweets.

And you are the one saying people arent productive posting here because you disagree with them. Have some self-awareness.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So what though that they won by 9?

Bad teams sometimes barely lose, that's not evidence of anything except that they barely lost without CP3.

I never said we SURELY would have lost, I said this whole argument, your argument, is based ona whatif.

A whatif against a team that has multiple championships and multiple all-stars, as if they couldn't beat us with CP3 when they did...many times before.

14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

topfive and HP3 like this.
  15. fchowd0311

Look at the reply to me he just posted. He literally said I'm too emotional when this guy hounds me like white on rice when I criticize Harden.

#135 fchowd0311, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Y’all are delusional if you think that an unencumbered Tilman will hire anybody who can hold a candle to what Morey has been able to do. Hell, he may get Vlade Divac or Joe Dumars on the horn.

Morey has done wonders with this roster considering the constraints (under Les a mandate to never tank, under Tilman a mandate to never enter the luxury tax AND acquire Westbrook). Another organization will swoop him up the moment we fire him.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I was gonna keep it going but I assumed at some point @HP3 would figure out that saying “my boi gotta fucc” was me being sarcastic and that from others that have seen my posts few people in the country have experienced, had direct exposure to covid like I have.
    There used to be a time on CF when people got that, now it’s overly sensitive stans that would miss irony/sarcasm even if it hit them in the face.

just look at how personal his post is lol. Either way, I hope everyone here including the players stays safe and blessed. Night

HP3 and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

If you don't have Lebron, KD, Curry, or Leonard on your team...... in this era........You're not winning ****.

19. HP3

HP3 Member

The problem is that even when people do give you stats and film you double down on your own dumb opinion.

LOL disagree, they are WRONG a lot of the time. It's not a matter of differing opinions its a matter of not taking stats into account and not understanding what they are seeing. And you are one of the biggest proponents of that. Just dont talk to me dude.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also, you're saying that doesn't matter but at the same time you're saying that we needed Ariza the following year...a championship player that yeah...made a lot of big plays in playoffs game.

That **** matters, it isn't played on paper, Rajon Rondo is proving that right now. Looks like a scrub for most of the season and here's the playoffs and he's outplaying our entire backcourt...but it doesn't matter?

There's a reason why Lebron goes after these guys like Green and Rondo.