1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this the easiest playoffs in recent rockets history?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LA_Baller, Apr 22, 2015.

1. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Easy? I don't think a team with 50 wins and this years western conference makes things easy.

We are really fortunate to have a good team ( we still don't know if good enough)

I feel like people would be more humble after all the hard years we went through.

It's an NBA team vs an NBA team. I would love to still win this fully before even thinking about saying anything.

Rockets player still seem hungry though.... and that's all that matters.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Winning an NBA game is hard, winning a playoff game is even harder. Hardly you will see total dominance, it is just a grind, with the last man standing winning it.

Even so, if you believe we haven't played well, but still won the first two games by double digits, imagine what happens when we do play well?

My take is that we have played well enough, and as long as they can keep on rounding up the edges, I am happy.

3. DikembeOlajuwan

This is a post about NBA 2K right?

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Crack head supporter? Take that back sir.. I have never supported you a day in my life :p

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Honestly, people here underestimate the "addition by subtraction" notion. Rondo does not run the offense that Carlisle calls. He is an independent and arrogant player. He is very smart, but has that whole "I am the smartest guy in the room" mentality.

Losing Rondo might be the best thing Carlisle could do for his team right now. Sure they are down in talent. But again, you've got Dirk, Monta, and Chandler. You've got a few decent bench players who CAN get hot. You have a rowdy home crowd fighting to keep this a series.

I just don't understand what the point is of getting all excited about winning HOME GAMES. Win on their court at least before acting like we have this thing in the bag.

I will NEVER assume we've got anything taken care of. Not because I don't have faith in my team, but because that's the mentality you should have. ONE GAME AT A TIME. There is a reason coaches say this repetitively. Don't let yourself get to high. It ain't ova till the fat lady sings. And Fat Chandler Parsons hasn't sung just yet.

1 person likes this.
  6. tnopham

tnopham Member

I'm sure the Pelicans thought their game with Golden State was easy after 3 qtrs.....

Anything can happen people.

7. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

THIS is exactly the point. It aint about "Jinxing" Its about taking the it one game at a time just as the players and coaches say.

Repped.

8. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

We've played 2 games. Shut up about our easy road until we win something.

Or just remember the immortal advice of Christopher Walken.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kONmDCla6Nc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

OP is Mark Cuban, trying to reverse the bad juju.

10. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

It's mover. The brooms are out.

11. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Seriously, though, this thread is so wrong. You just can't, ever. No. Stop. Been a Houston sports fan for 45 years. Stop. Delete thread.

Ask Tracy McGrady.