1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this the easiest playoffs in recent rockets history?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LA_Baller, Apr 22, 2015.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

who cares. still a dumb thread. and what does LA have to do with this, idiot...other than that's where you live. Are you saying that makes you objective?

damn, what a horribly dumb thread. You are only making yourself look stupider like an LA-er with every post you make.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Shhhhhhh... OP, confidence in your team is frowned upon here at the new wussified ClutchFans.

Buncha wimps. :rolleyes:

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

There should be one jinx thread for all of the like-minded posters to plan the parade route among themselves.

4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

You guys are also tempting the injury gods. Srsly what the hell is wrong with you guys?

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Please lock this thread. I am not sure if the OP is seriously this tone deaf or forgetful of history, or just trolling. Either way, this thread needs to go away before the ghosts of Josh Howard and Matt Harpring start stirring.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I have complete confidence in my posting abilities at cfnet to say the OP is "one of the easiest OPs for me to dominate in recent rockets playoff history." But you don't see KlutchQT and others starting threads about that fact of confidence, do you? Some things are just best unsaid.

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

There should be a thread "I am not a wimp so I must speak" for OP and others.

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Objectively speaking, yes, the Mavs are the worst team we've faced in the playoffs in recent history. #2 is the highest seed we've been in over 2 decades, and the Mavs are an old, injured team that seems in the middle of a meltdown.

That said, it's bad sports juju to declare a victory before it's over, and people here are overly superstitious of jinxes and hoodoo because sports have not been kind to the city of Houston. Still, lots of people being childish in here.

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

There are some cocky mofos in here, apparently.

Funny because these are probably the same people who think we should blow it up when we fall behind in the 1st quarter by 5 points.

I don't understand why you all are so ready to call this series over. I mean, I think the Rockets got this in the bag but you never know what will happen in terms of crappy play or injuries. Why are you tempting fate?!

I remember the 2009 playoffs. Rockets won Game 1 in a blow out and everyone thought the series was done. Next game Roy drops 42. Then when we won Game 1 in a gutsy game against the Lakers, a lot people thought we would beat them. A couple games later, Yao went down and so did our chances at winning the title.

The point is, don't think everything is going to come easy. Maybe Monta has a revelation and becomes D-Wade or Dirk goes 2011-Dirk on us the next two games and suddenly is 2-2. Even if we get this series handedly, maybe something will happen next series.

We are up 2-0 right now, and we should enjoy it. But we still need 2 more victories and 14 more if this team wants to get the title. Let's see what we do before we predict what happens next.

11. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

let's close this up

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not everyone thinks that messages on a fan board are read by the universe or a vengeful God of some sort, then magically converted into injuries or poor play.

Some of us realize that in the REAL world our hubris, whether warranted or not, will have absolutely ZERO affect on the actual outcome of this series.

13. King901

King901 Member

Can we win the championship first before talking about how easy it is? If we dont, then there isnt anything to compare it to right?

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Getting dunked on 14 times in one game can take a teams spirit...Let's close this game out Rockets and move on. Strike while the iron is HOT...take the Mavs out while they're wounded.

15. J Hard

J Hard Member

What are you doing? You're a premature fella arentcha?

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*chuckle*
    I am not going to jump the gun either
    but
    I am not going to smoother the enthusiams much either
    Houston Fans need to have more faith
    but not be arrogant either

Rocket River
    just enjoying the ride . . . .

17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Wait, the OP is talking the full playoffs? Can't look that far ahead. I guess you can say it is since we have the #2 seed, but it's a very competitive West. Easiest series we've had, but far from an easy playoff run.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Besides. . . .. he just Join in 2015. . . . ..
    They don't remember THE STRUGGLE

Rocket River

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

People need to cut it with the superstitious crap. In reality it doesn't make any difference whatsoever what some chucklehead says on ClutchFans.

20. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

This is definitely the weakest with all the injuries factored in. The second round will be much tougher. The rest will do us good.