1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Is this Mchale's source of prejudice against DMo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pacmania, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I watched the game on NBA-TV last night, and they were going on about how much McHale was raving about D-Mo. Said that D-Mo had been working very hard, lifting lots of weights, and how he was improving greatly in practice. Said McHale is convinced he's a "player".

so ...no. i don't think there's any bias against D-Mo ...just Lin :) (sarcasm)

#21 Aruba77, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  2. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I don't think he has a problem with Lin neither. Is just Lin's turnovers is what has Mchale to sit him on the bench. That's why we mostly see Harden handling the ball.

3. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I'll bet he didn't include Greg Popovich in that assessment. It's easy to criticize other people, and exclude yourself.

4. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

When Harden has the third most turnovers per game in the league?

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

McHale has about 100 times more exposure to the players than we do and knows about 100 times more about big men than we do, so I'm just gonna let him do his thing. . . .

6. mirus

mirus Member

thank god he has been lifting weights,i was worried after his reply to commodore tweet.

7. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

More of the same questions, just different thread titles. Wait until after the trade deadline, no reason to showcase at that point. And McHale is a players coach, he doesn't discriminate against anyone. Every single time he has talked about DMo it's been positive. Quit hating...

8. peter2012

peter2012 Member

LOL Harden has more turnovers than Lin has.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

harden has higher usage along with lower turnover percentages.

10. Hui

Hui Member

I don't think so... He does have some work to do but I do see him in the future of the Rockets. Just let the wolves out ;)

11. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

D-MOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Our PF of the future...

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's a combination of that and just generay being young and inexperienced. Aldrich is not the answer and I think we can agree he's not better than Terrance Jones or Greg Smith... I don't even think he's smarter on the basketb court than those guys.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

OP is misreading McHale and Morey's secret strategy they had planned for that interview.

They were recruiting Howard, so they got the media to ask a question where McHale could praise Howard at the expense of embarrassing the unsuspecting rookie.

This as been confirmed by conspiracy experts throughout the internets. I thought everyone knew this?

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it's not complicated. It's not a "conspiracy." It wouldn't surprise me if he's also "prejudiced" against rookies who don't play within the offense, and frequently turn the ball over. I don't always agree with McHale (his substitutions can be mysterious), but there's less drama involved than some would like to believe, IMO.

15. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

D-Mo has no lateral quickness. I don't think he can improve his agility much, but he will be fine if he bulks up some more. I don't think he has the foot speed to stay in front of his man without getting whistled for the foul. Quicker fours are too fast for him, and bigger fours are too strong for him.

To everyone getting on Parsons for his defense lately...He is a smart defender, like Battier, but he is a decent man defender. Battier is a pretty good man defender, but great at help defense.

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

If anything the Rockets are doing him a favor of letting him progress without undue pressure. His offense is way ahead of his defense, but once he is at least minimally effective defensively, he will play either here or on another team and be better for the steady apprenticeship.

I don't even think D Mo thinks he is getting a raw deal, so why should the original poster?

1 person likes this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said! That sums up the Donuts situation nicely, glynch.

18. allaroundplayer

I agree completely. There's probably no better coach in the NBA for D-Mo than McHale. He absolutely has D-Mo's best interest at heart and knows as much as anybody what it takes to succeed. What we saw from D-Mo last game was the product of the practice and work from the beginning of training camp. Just because we see him looking ok in the 57th game of season, doesn't mean he could have done it in the first game. McHale is trying to turn D-Mo into the best player he possibly can be and maximize his potential, and since it appears that is happening, Rocket fans should approve of the job that McHale is doing.