1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this Mchale's source of prejudice against DMo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pacmania, Feb 14, 2013.

1. pacmania

pacmania Member

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/1846/motiejunas-to-dwight-howard-catch-me-if-you-can/

During Dmo's introductory press conference he came off as cocky and arrogant and Mchale always tried to put him down.

It just seems that there is some personal prejudice for Mchale to play Cole Aldrige over Donuts. The first impression in this interview may have been a source of irritation for Mchale coming from a European rookie at that.

On the other hand, you gotta admire someone with that kind of self-confidence especially for a rookie. As the saying goes " you can't put a good man down".

2. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

nah dont think so

3. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Is this a parody of a LOF post?

4. landryfans

landryfans Member

After this game, i dont see no reason to play Aldrige over Dmo, let us see how it turns out.

5. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

DMo did ok. But he got owned on defense and got owned trying to set up post position.
    Still...like a bunch of other players I think he deserves to get some burn when the game isn't a blowout. Let's see what he can do in a contested game. Right now I'd still say he won't earn a spot in the rotation.

6. BeardsOnParade

According to Bull, Mchale has recently raved about Dmo saying how much he's improved and how much work he's put in the weight room. Those are great signs for him earning playing time and the Clippers game seemed to show that. I'd say he's on Mchale's good side right now.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Well Greg Smith and Terrance Jones is in the D League not Aldrich and Motiejunas. I just hope Terrance Jones isn't to the rockets as Jacoby Jones is to the Texans. We gotta get more soul in the paint or we are t going to even get to the western conference finals let alone win a championship.

8. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

Talk about reading too much into a simple joking exchange. If you haven't noticed, mchale hasnt given any rookie too much time on the court. Mook didnt even get any minutes last season. There is a good possibility that McHale didnt play DMo just because he wasnt ready. This team does a good job developing rookies so give our young players some time.

9. Rocket Booster

McHale comes from a Croatian family, so I don't think he has a bias against European players.

Then again, Greg Popovich just gave an interview where he flat out admitted that NBA coaches, general managers, and scouts have had a bias against European players for many years.

10. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

What does this even mean? Too many white dudes holding us back at the 4/5? :eek:

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

No, McHale is prejudiced against rookies who can't defend.

1 person likes this.
  12. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

Dude, they're just highlighting the assets. Wait till after the trade deadline.

13. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

This.

It really is as simple as this. Look at last year, Parsons gets the starting nod because he can play D, and Morris gets sent to the D-League.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Clearly McHale is a racist. No other explanation.

15. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

But based on McHale's ability to judge defensive ability vs energy or erratic action like Douglas and Beverley ... I don't know

16. durvasa

If you think Motiejunas is even a decent defender, you really don't know.

17. dchoye

dchoye Member

That's an 2 year old video
    Many things have changed since then
    Howards in LA
    D-Mo has gotten more cocky
    Let's play him against the Lakers and see if he can do that self pass off Dwight chest back to himself

18. PhiSlammaJamma

I thought he looked a little overmatched out there. He put some points on the board which is a good sign, showing a knck for scoring, even if it wasn't pretty, but in general looks a little awkward out there at this stage. A couple of chuck and ducks. Given we are maklng a playoff run he'll need to remain on the bench. but in the offseason he should be working on smoothing out his moves and enforcing his position.

19. pacmania

pacmania Member

But is Cole Alridge really that much of an upgrade on defense compared to a seven footer with speed?

20. durvasa

I can't say. Aldrich isn't good either. But having a number of years in the league under your belt does make you more solid on defense than someone who is in his first year. Aldrich also at least provides a potential rim protector and some better rebounding.