1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this even a playoff team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Member

(At the outset, let me say that I hope we lose every game). That said, I'm wondering if this is even close to a playoff team.

There are six WC teams locked in: Dallas, LAL, OKC, SAS, LAC, Mem. See, these are actual NBA teams with talent and a chance to win.

After that, it's a big bunch of crappy meh competing for the last 2 spots:

Portland - made it last year
    Denver - too many in china?
    Houston - same team minus chuck
    Phoenix - no worse or better than last yr
    Utah - who the hell is on this team
    GSW - they always kinda suck.
    Minny - Ricky and Rick show
    Sacto - maybe plays defense if Chuckwagon can change the culture.

Gun to my head, I'd probably pick Portland and Utah to make the playoffs. Who the hell knows.

But what the F is the point of grabbing the 7th or 8 seed. We would have beat out a field of crap, and would get swept in the first round, only to lose our first round draft pick.

Why is Les Alexander so damn stupid. Why can't we just trade Scola for Boozer and the Charlotte pick. I'd throw in Lee too. Why can't we deal Courtney lee for any first round pick.

Why can't we trade K Mart to Dallas for anything.

Why the hell are we talking to Sam Dalembert.

Why Les, why? What the hell is the point of making the playoffs this year.

Mutherfaaarghbleahh!!! I have never, ever been less excited about a Rockets season. I hate the no Gasol, no Nene, no chuck, we're f---ed element of this season.

I wish I hadn't renewed my season tickets so that I could protest the damn nba and go cold turkey. The rockets used to be a source of entertainment, fun and inspiration. Now it's just depressing crapola, with miles and miles of crapola for the foreseeable future.

(Sorry, I started this thread to analyze our playoff prospects, but couldn't stay focused. Please ignore my self-derailing rant.)

2 people like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I hope not.

1 person likes this.
  3. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Member

I wouldn't put money on it. In other news, I just spent the last hour watching highlights of our old Rockets (TMac / Yao / Shane)... sigh

4. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Bunch of non believers. This Rocket team is gonna make the playoffs. Book it,

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Member

.500 ball, stagnent.

6. rockets934life

I don't think we are but we'll be in the mix...not sure that's a good thing though.

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I really hope we don't make the playoffs because I want that New Jersey lottery pick to come back to Houston.

I see the 1-7 seeds as...
    OKC, Memphis, Dallas, LA Clippers, Denver, San Antonio, LA Lakers

I think we battle Minnesota, Golden State, New Orleans and maybe PHX for the 8 seed.

Utah, Portland are already done.

8. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I think they will. Hey man, aren't you the one that stream the games online?

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes, they will. 2nd round.

10. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

I have been using Moreys secret money ball strategy and have seen through the power of statistical analysis that the Rockets would of won the championship 5 years in a row with nene and gasol.

Stern screwed the rockets he stole the championships, Stern is the grinch.

11. rockets934life

Curious why you think Portland is done? Roy wasn't a big factor last season and they've replaced him with Crawford plus they'll have Wallace for a full year.

12. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Umm nope that's not me, sorry.

13. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

14. valorita

valorita Member

15. Spooner

Spooner Member

Until you have something somewhat rational or at the very least relevant to say, no one is going to pay attention to you.

16. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

If we sign Dalembert, yes. And I will be EXCITED about it like a Rockets fan should be.

If not, hell no. Our center situation is pathetic.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

Without Chuck, no.

With Chuck, maybe.

18. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Depends how the players develop. This team has quite a few players who are young and talented and at some point could improve significantly and impact the team's fortunes. The question is, who and when? Patterson? Morris? Williams? Hill? Budinger? Taylor? That's what makes me excited about the team and the season, despite the offseason debacle. I don't think you can just look at everything as static, the same every season as it was the year before. People on this BBS love to use the word "superstar." Well, most superstars don't just come into the league that way. They develop into superstars, and the team they're on benefits. Not saying that's necessarily in the cards for the Rockets, but the possibility is what makes it fun.

19. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Rockets will make playoffs!!!

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

My prediction
    1. Thunder
    2. Mavs
    3. Grizz
    4. Lakers
    5. Clippers
    6. Spurs