1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this child abuse?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DonnyMost, Apr 19, 2017.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This may need to move to the D&D, as parenting and other societal dialogues tend to get pretty heated in general, but I wanted to do a temperature check on the BBS for whether or not people are as disgusted and upset by this as I am.

TL;DR - Guy and his wife run a Youtube channel wherein their family (them and their 5 children) play "pranks" on each other, typically focusing on the youngest children (the most emotionally vulnerable). The videos are monetized, which raises ethical questions about what this is doing to the children, and whether the parents are exploiting them for profit at the expense of their mental and physical wellbeing.

malakas likes this.
  2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I'm disgusted just reading the TL;DR

Richie_Rich likes this.
  3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Anything that kills the prank fad is good news to me.

Saying "ITS JUST A PRANK BRO" instantly makes me lose any and all respect for you as a human being.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's pretty disturbing stuff, actually. ugh.

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

White trash family gonna white trash family. Meh.

Tomstro and cheke64 like this.
  6. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

That kids probably going to get pranked one too many times when he gets older.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Can someone just describe what happens?

I don't want to give a**holes another click if it means more money in their pockets at the expense of their child's self esteem/well being.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Unequivocal yes to your question. There is light hearted "gotcha" fun you can have with your kids and there is intentionally inflicted emotional trauma.

I wouldn't curse at my kids like that even if they burned down the house; and trust me, I curse. A lot.

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Wow I can't even imagine having to grow up the child of one of those narcissistic "YouTube personalities", especially one abusive and pervasive like this one. Screw that guy and his wife.

Pretty disturbing when his wife is like "Guess what haters, we've been investigated by child protective services before and nothing came of it!" Bisch normal parents don't get investigated by child services MULTIPLE ****ing times.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The video I posted is a guy commenting about their channel/videos and showing minor clips.

No money is generated for the crap parents by watching the vid in the OP.

CCity Zero and FLASH21 like this.
  11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Kind of looks fake to me. I think the kids may be in on it and just acting. Maybe I'm being too cynical? Looks like the whole family is trying to become the next Honey Poo Poo family and get their own reality show.

The video in the OP was hard to watch too. Why do so many YouTubers insist on doing that start and stop method for their video editing? So annoying....

12. 713

713 Member

Update: Pranks are Fake. Parents are saying the kids, specifically Cody is an inspiring actor and exaggerates his reactions.
    [​IMG]

#12 713, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I bet those parents read a ton of books and emphasize education a lot to their children.

Kendrick Lamar and Invisible Fan like this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Just saw this today for the first time -- clear emotional abuse -- with the video it should be an easy RTB for CPS.

I think they have already taken the really bad ones down.

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

These people aren't fit to be parents. Feel sorry for the children. Good grief.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Meh I have seen numerous Mexicans sell their daughters into sex slavery or have them move in with older men when they are 13-14. That is abuse.

Having your kid be and actor and staging emotional abuse? Not my thing and pretty trashy... but not criminal.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This isn't emotional abuse. It is preparation for life as a meth cook.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Meh... with current technology improving, meth cook will no longer be a viable profession with robots and **** taking all the service industry jobs.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

When I become president of the country I'm going to require people get a ****in license to have kids. Minimum requirements: high school degree, 3 years tax returns showing you can afford a kid, mental evaluation showing you are fit to be a parent.

Kendrick Lamar and Richie_Rich like this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That wasn't acting -- BTW all the videos are down now.