1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this a Voting scam?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LonghornFan, Oct 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

My wife just called me and said a man rang our doorbell, she answered WHICH I TOLD HER TO NEVER DO, and he asked her to vote through him and he would drop it off. He also asked her to vote straight D ticket. She told him she had already voted, but he knew both of our names. Even after she told him this he still asked her to fill out paper work and vote again.

I'm >< close to going home and driving down the streets to find this low life ****tard. Is this a scam? If not, how is this legal??

Pretty pissed off LonghornFan right now. If he would have insisted on this to me, on my property, I would have asked him to wait, grabbed my gun and then asked him if he still wanted me to fill it out. Yes, I am a dick and would have done that.

2. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Why didn't she ask for his ID? At least then you could've called the police afterwards and they'd hunt him down and arrest him.

And here I thought election fraud was only restricted to third world countries.

In before D&D...

3. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Man **** like this is why we need the UN!

4. LonghornFan

I told her AFTER she called me about the ID. I've already called the police as we have a lot of elderly retired people in our neighborhood (Logan Park) who could be scammed. This really pisses me off.

#4 LonghornFan, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That would piss off heypartner, too. I never want my woman to open a door during the day, either. It could be a f!cking milkman or something.

Race home and throw a shark at him. That's what heypartner would do.

seriously, that's f1cked up...some dude trying to scam information from you, about voting. that ain't cool.

6. LonghornFan

Well, the wife said there are four HPD squad cars driving around the neighborhood now. Just disgusts me, and I swear...blondes. Talk through the door and grab the damn gun or have it near. I don't trust people at all anymore.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

When my wife is at home during the day, she gets some weirdo with a clipboard knocking at our door for whatever reason almost every day. I told her to never answer the door.

She had one of them basically come into our garage and harass her about exterminating our house while she was trying to load my boys in the car a few months ago. I went out there and literally told the guy to eff off. I think it turned her on because I'm usually a pretty laid-back easy-going guy.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Answer to thread title: Obvious yes.

Glad your wife is fine, of course. I think your comments are a little overboard. But at any rate, hope that dude gets what's coming to him.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I think you are a little overprotective. Or at the very least, you are paranoid.

10. LonghornFan

We've lived there for a little over a year.

- Stolen bike from the garage while we were sitting above it on the friggin' patio, and we witnessed him leaving the garage like a bat out of hell with it. That thug had balls, and that bike was not cheap at all.

- Front gate lock pried open, call from ADT as our alarm was going off while we were at brunch.

- Stolen freaking mailbox. Really?

- Neighbors have reported more burglaries lately, all during the day. Such a nice neighborhood so it's surprising.

- AND THEY STOLE OUR PUMPKINS IN THE FRONT YARD TWO TIMES!

Really don't think I'm going over board. I guess I should trust everyone. :rolleyes:

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Come pick me up. Let's push this guys dick in.

1 person likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Do y'all have a dog? might be a good idea if you don't

13. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I don't think you are overreacting at all. I tell my wife all the time not to answer the door during the day. Especially since the holiday season is on our door step and crime rates are through the roof already. They are only going to get worse as we get closer to Christmas.

I too would have grabbed my gun and told him to get the **** off my property.

To answer your question, that is a complete scam and hopefully they find that piece of ****. You can not trust anyone these days. It is becoming a sad sad world we live in.

1 person likes this.
  14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I too would suggest getting a dog if you do not have one. I have 2 of them. That is one of the biggest reasons I have them, other than the fact I am a dog guy and have had them all my life :grin:

When someone knocks on our door, they go bat**** crazy. I have very large dogs and their barks are definitely not friendly. I sometimes knock on the door outside just to see them freak out. If we order pizza or UPS or whatever knocks on our door, 85% of them are about 10 feet from my front door when I open because they are scared lol

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Europe: "Some stranger ringin, I will calmly listen, tell him I'm not interested and shut the door"

USA: "Some stranger is ringin the doorbell, Imma open it, point the ****** gun at his face and tell him to **** off!!!"

16. LonghornFan

Two mini Schnauzers who are just loud and a Boxer who is scared of air.

17. LonghornFan

APPLAUSE! :)

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

And how many times were the families attacked?

No, you shouldn't trust everybody, and crap is going to get stolen, but most people are going to avoid confrontation.

During the day, I see nothing wrong with answering the door.

19. LonghornFan

What? Are you serious? They weren't home. What if they WERE home? All it takes is a "first" time, and I don't want that to even be a position for my wife or myself to be put in. My wife doesn't work and is at home at different times of the day. If they thought she was gone and broke in, would you trust that they would be polite and "ask" her if she would mind if they stole a few things?

****ing seriously. You're usually a great poster but that was one of the most ignorant and stupid posts I've ever seen on this board in 12 years. Just wow.

20. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Change your dog's food again, find the guy, and get your dog to **** on his face.

1 person likes this.