1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a crazy good roster and potentially fun team? Or am I just crazy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayZ750, Dec 3, 2020.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Trash roster with potential is still a trash team, just look at the T-Wolves.

They have "potential" year in and out but remain to be completely trash.

Common denominator, both have a center that can't defend for ****.

Our rebuild needs to start with a center who can defend, Christian Wood should be playing PF.

2. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

Blow it up. It's time.

Here's to the next decade of mediocrity.

3. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

When you have 2 contracts totaling $80 million, you have to rely on minimum guys or rookies/2nd year players. You also have to hope those 2 guys are top 5-8 NBA players. The writing was basically on the wall once they gave Paul that contract.

Easy and Der Rabbi like this.
  4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You’re Crazy!

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Dear all,

Mea Culpa!!!!!

I think the roster is better than the performance. But Harden issue plus Silas meh’ness and constantly missing someone ain’t helping.

6. JayZ750

cant agree with this more.

if Wood is AD - lite (he isn’t but since everyone was so quick to throw that out there at first)... see what the Lakers have done. They put him next to a legit center that can defend.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty sure you jinxed this team, it's all your fault. there I said it

8. JayZ750

Believe you me, Im questioning so many of my thoughts about life now. Maybe Donald Trump IS the best president ever? Maybe I actually do like mushrooms?

anything is possible considering very recently I actually thought strongly enough about this roster being potentially crazy good I made a thread about it.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

people were really calling Harden dumb for not seeing the overwhelming talent on this roster and not realizing that his best chance to contend this season was here in Houston

people seriously thought Philly or Miami with Harden would be worse than this Rockets team

LOL

Kim, Krizzle and HP3 like this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dude, this thread fell slightly short of the "Donald Trump is the best president" level. The "Wood has Olajuwon potential" thread nailed it. :D