1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there something wrong with Landry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wingcommander87, Apr 22, 2009.

1. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Yep, it's just a bad matchup for him. Our 3 PF's each have their strengths, in some matchups they can be negated. Chuck is the smartest/strongest defender of the three, Scola is the best all-around scorer, and Landry brings the ferocity around the rim. The blazers' bigs are longer and more athletic than Landry if he's having a good night against them it's probably because they're playing poor defense. He's not a dumb player, he's just met his match.

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Best Answer

3. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I knew Landry was going to be a problem and mentioned that we needed him badly before this series started and he still hasn't done well, we can't depend on him, he's probably still not 100%. Put in Chuck , he plays better D

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

they need to run plays for him, a give and go where he cuts to the basket for a dunk---if we can design a dunk for Shane, we can do the same for Landry--a wide azz open uncontested dunk to get him pumped. Then his confidence goes up and he can dunk contested, if he misses--he can shoot FTs. From there drain a couple of mid-rangers and he will be back...It's on Adelman to help make this happen in game 3. I think he will come around just like wafer showed up in game 2.

5. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

we dont have a great pick and roll passer in brooks or lowry. with scola u can dump it to him and let him work. with landry he can only shoot a face up jumper or slam it home. he can't shoot over aldridge so its harder for him to get in the game.

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I mentioned this in another thread but it's time for Landry to define his career as a Rocket. Is he your typical dime-a-dozen reserve forward or is he a starter in this league? Given that he's 25-years-old (26 by the start of next season) I think it's time we make the distinction clear. What better time to accomplish this than the playoffs?

7. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

My thought exactly. it's time to step up, we need the old Landry.