1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there anything we (the fans) can do to help?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by skyline07, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Then get cut and become a breakout star with the New York Knicks?

2. Handles

Handles Member

I agree with others. It's too late for me to become a basketball star as I'm in college, but one day ill have a son and I will train him. He will be the next clyde drexler, a star who actually wants to come to Houston. I think ill name him something memorable like "jebidiah" so in 20 years when jeb is destroying the competition in college you can remember this post and expect him to make his way to the rockets via draft, trade, or free agency. Eventually he'll win a championship for our rox.

3. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

If everybody does this, Houston could lose the Rockets. Seriously, what reason is there for them to stay if they are not making money here? Seattle had a rich history but multiple years of losing money caused them to move to Oklahoma City (who embraced the team and now has an outstanding fan base).

And why do so many of you seem to think that there is no hope for the future? We have good players on low priced contracts and a ton of cap. While cap does not guarantee you a star, if you use it right, you could make a good team great (which is what we are trying to do). Just because we lack a star and are not winning 10 games per season does not mean we have no hope for the future.

And you consider the type of basketball we play to be boring? Nearly every game is close and more often than not, we are winning. Sure we may not have the run-and-gun transition or crazy dunks or clutch superstar, but it is team basketball. If you think that we have "no shot" at advancing pass the first round, then you clearly have not been watching this team play.

4. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Rofl this is making me start to try pursuing women who are at least one foot taller than me (I am 5'5").

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I think its the fact that people are too lazy to drive downtown. some of us live in outskirts of houston and going dt for games is an hour drive there and an hour back. We are the fattest city in the nation after all, aka laziest

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What about the new start time? I like it for viewing purposes, but not for going to game purposes.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

We all should have seks with 7ft tall African women and name the sons Hakeem. Then drill the **** out of them so that they can do a blindfolded Dream Shake with like 5 years. One of all our kids has to turn out great, right?
    Who's up for the plan?