1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there anything more fake then the Dan Patrick show?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Nov 13, 2002.

Tags:
  1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Seriously, there is absolutely nothing good about this show. I believe there are two other losers besides Dan on his show. All throughout the show one of them will say a joke and the other two will laugh like a bunch of asses. I mean the joke wont be remotely funny, but you can count on guy laughing to make the joke sayer feel better.

A couple of weeks ago they were even discussing how co-hosts have to laugh at each others jokes and were practicing their fake laughes.

How can anyone find this r****ded show entertaining is beyond me.

2. Mr. Slim Citrus

Mr. Slim Citrus Contributing Member

Kornheiser is the only thing on ESPN Radio that doesn't suck*.

*That is, of course, unless you're a diehard sports fan (which I'm not)...

3. JamesC

JamesC Member

I'm not a big fan of his show either. Its a big letdown after the Jim Rome show. I just flip the station.

4. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I like to listen to the show and muse to myself how easy it must be to have a radio show these days. You don't have to have talent or anything interesting to say...you just have to have sold your soul for a radio show. :D

5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

This sums up the Dan Patrick Show...

When he first came on in Houston after The Jungle, he and his whipping boys were holding a poll on whether you were pro or con for open-toed sandals for men. WTF!!!

I like Dan in SportsCenter...but Dan (and his 'Yes Dan' co-hosts) flat out are terrible! It almost makes me want the Kenny Hand hour back!

6. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

You might love or hate him but he, because he's with ESPN, can get some of the best guests out there.

They had Terrell Owens live the day after the Sharpie incident. Rome still doesn't have that kind of pull.

I don't mind Dan, it's Rob Dibble that sucks.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Did you see when ESPN was making fun of PTI. That was hilarious. They had the Rally monkey for MVP. Too funny.

8. drapg

drapg Member

i would kill to listen to dan patrick over that hack jim rome. i can't believe i actually used to like his schtick.

its so played and tiresome now. some times i turn on my radio and his program is on, but he's in the middle of a long pause and i think my the signal from the station is dead!

gimme patrick any day.

9. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

FWIW, I hated his show at first, and while I still think it sucks, I don't mind it too much, and I'll listen to it while eating lunch. But really, it's only mediocre filler when waiting for Rich and Charlie.

10. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

ESPN Radio sucks.

610 shot themselves in the foot, by switching from TSN Radio to ESPN.

TSN talk show hosts know a lot more about sports IMO, then the ESPN "personalities".

11. mav3434

mav3434 Member

Sounds like you're describing the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Now that sh-t is fake and crappy.

Patrick show started off okay but sucks now. The banter with "dibsy" makes me want to asphyxiate myself.

12. Vengeance

I agree. I liked Sporting News radio better. Especially the weekend stuff -- MUCH better than the crappy ESPN Radio. I think this is kindof a roundabout attempt of getting more of this "guy talk" radio without the angry backlash it caused when they out and out did it.

However, as long as we don't have Papa Joe Chevalier on Houston Airwaves, I'm happy.

13. drapg

drapg Member

I thought the late night guy on TSN radio was such a prick... the guy that came on at like 1am... was it bob something? this was back in the mid 1990s.

14. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, absolutely, Dan.

Exactly, Dan.

Dan, you hit the nail on the head with that one.

Dan, is this mirror held high enough for you?

Ugghh.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Bring back R Small Talk
    Dan Patrick is just weak . .
    IF I LISTEN TO IT IN THE CAR . . .I MIGHT SNOOZE
    AND HIT SOMEONE !!!!

Jim Rome. . . I think of him like Alozo [Denzel's character
    in Training Day] views the newspaper

It's BULLSH*T. . .but it is ENTERTAINING BULLSH*T
    I just started listen like 4 months ago because a
    friend is a major clone

maybe i will out grow it
    but the clones are funny . .Rome is funny
    [kind of like a Wayans bro film or Jim Carey.. . so stupid it is funny]

Rocket River

16. mav3434

mav3434 Member

that joe chevalier m.f. made me want to disembowel things. He is pathetic.

17. Vengeance

Man, I miss Russ Small too. I liked his show -- I actually liked it better than Mark Vandermeer's show. FWIW, I don't mind the Dan Patrick show -- I don't LOVE it, but I don't hate it either. I listen to Rome when I can, and I like John and Lance in the morning. My favorite is Rich and Charlie's show however -- Charlie has the highest sports IQ of anyone I've heard on the radio.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

No ****. I called into Arnie Spanier once and asked him how much it'd take for him to kick Papa Joe's ass. He said a cheeseburger.

That dude made everything a liberal/conservative arugment...he'd put us to shame. "Well, the Packers lost the game due to a questionable call by the officials. The referee was obviously a communist Democrat who loves Slick Willie, therefore, he's a bad referee."

He got on my last nerve.

19. JamesC

JamesC Member

I think his name was Bob Kemp. I thought he was hilarious. If you say something stupid he'd make you look bad.

20. Holden

Holden Member

dan patrick talks in this tone like he could care less about anything hes saying.. like 'ho hum' just another day on the radio.
    and yes...all they do is make a bunch of jokes that arent funny and laugh at them all the time. not a good show, but ill listen occasionally for the subject matter..

jim rome does beat everything to death. he will have a take in the first 10 minutes of the show..then he'll repeat it again the next segment..and then again in the next hour for those who missed the first hour. but most of his takes are hilarious, the emailers are hilarious. and when a caller gets run, the reactions from him are hilarious. and thats what makes the show so good.
    i dont really listen to the interviews unless its houston sports related.

charlie and rich...i cannot stand these two guys...and ive explained why before. first of all, all they talk about most of the time is college football. there isnt much variety..and second of all the whole show is basically charlie saying "so and so is just pathetic", "that team has no chance to do so and so", "that guy is the worst so and so in the history of so and so" he is excessively excessively negative. and after he gets off one of his put downs..all rich does is say "yeah ill agree with that"...the whole show is just one big b!tching fest. i cannot listen to these two guys..its unbearable. i only do sometimes...in hopes that maybe theyll be different that day, or if i want to hear the sports updates..

and it seems to me that sports talk has just as many commercials as it does actual sports show talk.. some of those commercials really get to me..

:D