1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there anything between Dallas and New Braunfels?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dr of Dunk, Aug 1, 2002.

Tags:
  1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Waco also is home to George's Bar of Pat Green fame.

You can throw down a couple Big O's

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Dude, I have no idea what you're talking about. A couple of Big O's... what's that? Women? :confused:

3. Buck Turgidson

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

:D

No, the rock, foo. :)

5. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

take your computer with you... you need to introduce the fish asap to the world you live in

what kind of fish???

Smeg

PS you get my email re footy???

6. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

Back when I was in Waco in the '70s, George's was famous for chicken fried steak and Big O's - huge, heavy fishbowl size glasses of beer.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Carl's Truck stop has greasy burgers...and the Dr. Pepper museum is in Waco.

DaDakota

8. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

there's bound to be some good BBQ between there!
    Stop and get some to go!

Isn't the old branch davidian compound somewhere between Dallas and New Braunfels?
    You can drive by it.

You can take the fish to visit the Texas Ranger Museum

Wes Anderson filmed some of his movie Bottle Rocket in Hillsboro. Here's a link to driving tour of locations he shot at!!

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Pay attention (and arvo), Smegma :

pseudotropheus demasoni

And no, I didn't get your email. Use the email on this bbs... I don't use the hotmail account anymore due to being devoured by all kinds of junkmail nor the onebox account since they started charging. When in doubt about my email, just use the one on this bbs... :)

10. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

man, that sure is a purty fish...

[​IMG]

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ok, I've come to the conclusion that there really isn't anything of note between Dallas and New Braunfels and that 99% of you guys are worthless to me. :D

Thanks, d00dz.

12. drapg

drapg Member

dude, i live b/t dallas and N.B.... and i don't do jack all day, you can stop buy and play my old NES or PS2 with me... bring da fish too! i just bought the george foreman grill! ;)

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It was a sad day when my George Foreman grill died. Now I'm using some hamilton beach flat thingy... I miss that old GF grill. It's the greatest thing ever invented for single dudes.

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

DoD, That's one of the best lookin Africans that I've seen in a while
    [​IMG]

How much is he costin ya? I've got a tank thats not being used..just right for an aggressive dwarf african...:)

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. I'm hoping the guy doesn't devour the rest of my fish... the good part is... he doesn't cost that much - $8-$10 for one fish. I doubt I'll get one as good looking as that one, though. That turquoise banding is hard to find... they're usually a darker blue. I'm still looking to see if anybody sells the fish in the DFW area, but no luck so far.

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

You can always hope for one that good looking :)

I wouldn't count on being able to keep him with hardly anything else..according to the link you posted... he is territorial and agressive...Any other fish that even looks at it's chosen spot is probably gonna get tore up..

10 bucks aint bad..I've paid much more than that for salt fish...:(

Man, I miss my salt tank..it was sooo gorgeous! Maybe it's time to setup another one...

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I definitely want a saltwater, but I can't unless I get a bigger tank and I can't get a bigger tank until I get a house and I really don't want a house. Damned if I do and damned if I don't. :rolleyes:

I remember when I first looked at saltwater fish and saw what I think was an Emperor Angel... I said, "hey, that's a cool fish". I ask the owner "how much"? Well, the baby one cost $75 and the adult was selling for $175. Then I hear about people paying thousands for koi (goldfish). :eek:

The place I'm getting the cichlids (I may get some electric yellows/labidochromis caerulus and a synodontis catfish, too) and rock from can be found here.

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

That's actually a misconception that you have to have a huge tank for salt...
    I have kept saltwater fish in everything from a 42 gallon hex to a 10 gallon..as long as you use the right equipment and keep up on the water testing, it's entirely possible to keep salt fish in small tanks.

Which is why I don't have one setup right now..No time to give it the proper care..:(

Here is one I want..
    [​IMG]
    or
    [​IMG]
    or to get really nasty
    [​IMG]

BTW..do you find it amusing that the place you are getting your fish also deal in cars and German beer steins? :D

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The reason I want a larger tank is due to the maintenance factor. A small error in terms of pH, salinity, etc. would be magnified in a smaller tank as opposed to a larger tank. One error could destroy a tank which, when you're talking about saltwater tanks, means a lot of money down the toilet (literally?). The fish alone would be expensive to lose. That's a big loss, whereas in a freshwater tank, it's not that big a deal... well, I mean, I'd feel bad for the fish, but they're so much cheaper than saltwater fish... plus, moving a freshwater tank is sooooo much easier than having to worry about live rock, anemones, protein skimmers, etc.

As for your question about them selling cars and steins, yeah, that worried me a bit. lol. They're actually a fairly well-known outfit on the Internet and a lot of people recommended them. I talked with them over the phone and via email and they seem pretty knowledgable.

20. tozai

tozai Member

What's there to do in New Braunfels other than Schlitterbahn and Oktoberfest?