1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there any chances of T-Mac coming back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ai_111, Feb 20, 2009.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think Tmac needs to take a little longer time to make decision on what is the best for the rest of his career.

He should wait to see what the current rockets can do. After they play more games, he can get a idea about how far this rockets can go. If they seem to be a contender or can pass the 1st round, he should join them. And, he also should think whether he can fit in this new system. If so, welcome back, Tmac!

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

it's in one of morey's interviews the past couple of days. read up.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No....Tmac has burned his bridges, he is dead to the Houston Rockets franchise, other than as a tradeable contract.

The team is SOOOOO much better without him......15-6 without Tracy this year.

Let him die in peace.

DD

4. t_mac1

we did the same things the past few years WITH mcgrady, when he was relatively healthy.

he's injured this year. if you're judging the team being better off without an injured player, then good job. that applies to every team.

tracy should just do what he has to do. he's not helping the team or himself this year.

5. t_mac1

exactly. The organization finally appears to be moving on. Tracy has moved on also. Both sides are done with one another. I expect tracy to get traded this offseason and he'll gladly welcome that trade.

let tracy go fans. let's focus on the rockets.

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I agree about seasons past. Question for you...do you think that the injury was why he refused to move without the ball and played zero defense or do you think it was because he was pouting? (serious question...not trying to bait you)

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Agreed, sort of, he had the same injury last year and played with it all year.....and still was effective.

I think his upcomming contract expiration is weighing on his mind, and he doesn't like Adelman's offense where he has to move without the ball and not dominate it.

So, he looks at all the options and takes the one he thinks will get him back as close to the old Tmac as possible, can't blame him for that.....

But for the good of the team, this team is better without him, even if he was healthy...because of his lack of "Buying into" the system...and propensity to dominate the ball and not play defense.

Essentially you took a team that won 22 games in a row last year and replaced Tmac with Artest (slightly worse offense way better defense) then you replaced the other guy that would not move off the ball or shot too much for his skill set....and replaced him with Aaron Brooks and Lowry....upgrading both offense and defense.

This team....with a $21 million dollar disadvantage is a 2nd tier contender just below Boston, San Antonio, Clevland and the Lakers, but equal to the Orlando's of the world.

Gonna be a fun last 25 games without T-mopey out there.

:D

DD

8. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I am pretty sure he can still do that if you bring back JVG's system, which is to give the ball to mac and let all others standing around waiting for 5 seconds for his next move. He would get his 28 pts in the first 44 minutes of the game.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No it is not. Morey did not "admit" anything...

10. abc2007

abc2007 Member

It is too early to tell. We all should wait and see what the current rockets can do. Now, they are just beating the teams that they suppose to beat.

The current spurs without Manu are also beating the teams that they suppose to beat. But, I believe nobody thinks the spurs don't need Manu.

11. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

*claps*

I hearby endorse every post made by DD.

12. t_mac1

yes the injury is the main reason. he had ZERO confidence in his abilities for the most part of this year. when you have no confidence (and confidence is a big thing for tracy), you tend to not to do a lot of things on the basketball court b/c you don't think you can do it.

he has said numerous times he was afraid of making certain moves b/c his knee would buckle (which it did one time when he tried to do a crossover); he was afraid of attacking the basket b/c he was afraid his knee would give out or wouldn't accomodate him (which it did several times)...

and defense is ALL ABOUT MOVING YOUR FEET. i don't need to say anymore.

yes he was pouting. he was frustrated as hell b/c he's sucking and his knee doesn't let him do the things a basic basketball player could do.

therefore, he hsould use this time to not only fix his knee physically, but fix his mind and get over that mental block.

tracy wants this team to win b/c this was his most important season in terms of his legacy. no way would he envision this was how it was going to play out.

13. t_mac1

yes he did. he did refer to tracy's knee as "serious." and he finally said this is going to keep tracy out for a long time.

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I'm the only one who seeing a nice opening on the bench for a role player version Tracy McGrady to fill. America is about 2nd chances. If he does some whole apologetic thing to the team and dedicates himself, some might be a little forgiving. But....Okay thats very highly never going to happen.

McGrady burned his bridge too much. The Rafer trade says a lot. Rockets didnt just trade for a younger guard, they traded McGrady for team philosophy.

15. t_mac1

DD, tracy had quite a few anti-inflammatory shots to help him last yr. notice how he ended the season last yr. he was HORRIBLE. but he got injections for the playoffs and stepped up.

so no, he wasn't effective entirely last yr on his knee. he was really bad (just as bad as this year) to end the year for the last 3-4 weeks when his knee was really problematic.

16. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

He also said it was an injury players around the league play with in the 1560 interview.

17. abc2007

abc2007 Member

No. otherwise, they would agree Tmac to do the surgery immediately.

BTW, I know TMac is your favorite player. If the rockets traded him, what type of teams do you think he would be sent to. They wouldn't trade him to the lakers or the celtics. They would trade him to a rebuilding team. It means he might never pass the 1st round.

18. t_mac1

both sides are done. i think fans need to understand that. i think tracy wants to get whatever procedure to better himself and put himself in a position to play well and get a good contract next yr.

and houston is putting itself in a position that they don't need tracy anymore.

the path to get here wasn't good. but it is what it is.

19. t_mac1

it doesn't matter. i wish the organization trades him and we get some decent players to help this team out.

i wish tracy well. he'll eventually get on a good team b/c he's not going to warrant a big contract anymore. he'll use the end of the season next year on whatever team he's on as a tryout for the new team he'll be on in 2 years.

20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I don't Tmac wants to leave here as a loser. I know I wouldn't!