1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there any chances of T-Mac coming back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ai_111, Feb 20, 2009.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No what is laughable is the way McGrady handled the situation.

Looking for a doctor that would give him the news he wanted to hear. Then, Mac puts the info on his site before he tells coach, DM, and Les. Cmon, he threw out all professionalism with that move.

And of course when he chose not to rehab in the off season. That's beyond laughable. Its simply ridiculous. Kobe is the product of hard work and he already has rings :eek:

2. jaylee777

jaylee777 Member

its not really that sudden IMO. I feel like its been brewing for the past couple of years. Im sure a lot of people would agree, more he stopped driving and relied on chucking up shots, the less I liked him.

3. bjshot

bjshot Member

It's really ironic.

Rockets and TMac were very unlucky last few years. Even though they were top 4-6 team in league but they can't pass the 1st round because either they met stronger opponants or hit by injuries.

Now even without TMac, they are still top 3 in western. They were expected to cruise to the WC in the beginning of the the year. Now the fans may be happy to pass 1st round.

4. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

Rockets fans are frustrated (normal, but like me), and unload all their frustration over McGrady.

It would seem logical to me to hear "... Man, I feel sorry for McGrady, but we can not continue trusting in him until eternity, he has an horrible body and always gets hurt." I disagree but understand it.

What I can't understand nor accept is all this anger loaded on a player that has given that much to his team. Because perhaps would be good to remember that without Mr. Tracy McGrady this team wouldn't have played any playoffs all this years. Remember these years playing along with David Wesley, Ryan Bowen, Weatherspoon and company? Or maybe we need to remember that McGrady was the only salvable rocket on last playoffs, and oh yes! he was playing injured!.

Human memory is very fragile, people forget everything too early. McGrady is now the scapegoat, "heretic!!". I understand the deception, but that's an extended babyish behavior that makes me laugh.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need Tracy if we want to lose in the first round...

6. fhoopchina

fhoopchina Rookie

yeah you can say that again.
    The team was led by TMAC for 4 years now and all we got was no breakthrough.
    He cares only about his own stats and I guess he fits in well in a team that can't even make playoffs. Yeah he wants to be that kind of leader.

7. absent2007

absent2007 Member

He's pissed, so do you think he'll be back at playoff or early?

I don't think so.. ofcoz, for the good of this team, TMAC please just go relax at your mansion and enjoy your PS3 instead

8. blender

blender Member

I thought that was a good point, too. I wonder what Morey's reasons were for that.

9. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

While I largely agree, one has to realize that the past is the past. TSlack has really hurt the team a lot this year. He's better off and the Rockets are better off with him out.

10. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I am also amazed by how much hatred there is for TMac. I understand that he was totally wrong on how he handled the surgery announcement, but in his defense we still do not know the full story. We can act like we don't need TMac anymore and we are better without him etc. but the fact of the matter is without TMac we are not championship type of team. If TMac is not coming back this year and the next year then this is a HUGE blow for us. We are essentially going to have sacrifice this year plus couple of more years before we can once again compete for championship. We will need TMac like wing player if we are going to compete for a championship once again. Let's face it Yao Ming is very good player but I don't think he is not the type of player that can dominate the game consistently (i.e. Wade, James, Duncan, Kobe, Pierce etc.). The TMac that we saw this year was not dominating player either but the past few playoff series that we played he was very close to that kind of player. Even with all the injury drama this year, I always hoped that everything would come together in the playoff, but if TMac isn't coming back that we are once again in a "rebuilding" mode where we have to find another talented wing player that has potential to dominate the game before we can compete for championship.

11. leonking

leonking Rookie

70% chance at least.

12. blender

blender Member

McGrady's done for the year. If he gets the surgery and returns next season, it seems pretty unlikely that he'd be staying with the team.

Hopefully, then, the team can trade him this summer (probably not) or by the next trade deadline. I'm looking forward to see what Morey can do with a $21 million expiring contract.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Whether you are sad or glad, I honestly believe that TMac has played his last game as a Rocket. I understand that the kind of surgery he is having takes a year long recovery. Given his history on recovery and rehab, his contract will expire first. I can't see the Rockets extending him. The TMac/Yao era is over.

14. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

Dude is going to weigh 280 in six months. Maybe he can come back as a 4.

15. rocketsmetalspd

Did TMac ever decide what to do with his knee? It really doesn't matter because he will never set foot on the TC floor as a player for the Rockets. Next season he will come in with his new team and the Rockets will beat his team.

16. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

Come on guys.

I seriously don't understand how some of yall can stick up for him. I honestly feel like he gave the organization, his teammates, and the fans the finger. And its not just this surgery stuff - its things like the Toronto game a while back. "Well, its kind of hard to get in a rhythm when you only touch the ball 5 times in the first half..." ...Okay? Personally, I'd rather not see him out there again.

Is there a chance? I don't think there's a chance this season. He's declared that he's "done" for the season; fine. I don't want to see him out there unless he's going 110% 110% of the time.

17. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

Yes: T-Mac is lazy, and he's not a true leader, and sometimes not so proffesional. But he got TALENT, a lot of talent. And you need a player or 2 with this talent to compete for a championship.

T-Mac & Yao era was based in competing for a ring with a team oriented in these 2 stars. It costed us some years to find the correct team and addecuate players. Now maybe we had them. And then one of your stars gets injured and could be out forever. And it seems like the fans are jumping around of happiness! I think this guy is oright...

[​IMG]

18. blender

blender Member

I thought the same and hoped that McGrady would somehow get it together.

But the past month or so has made it pretty clear that the Rockets and McGrady are heading toward a divorce. The best thing to happen now is to get it done quickly and get back players that fit into the Rockets' championship plans.

19. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

After all these TMac dramas, how people still think TMac would help us to be a title contender is beyond me.

20. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Tmac is too sensitive. He makes too many emotional statements and decisions without considering the consequences. His drama has to end. The team have waited for him long enough. It is time to move on.