1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there any chances of T-Mac coming back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ai_111, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I believe that's called, "earning your paycheck."

That's all we have been asking from him for years.

He was never hired to be Chuck Norris.

2. ibm

ibm Member

ah, the beatles, my all-time favorite... :cool:

3. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Tomorrow is the day!!! I just hope that he doesnt chose the microfracture surgury option.

4. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Hopefully 0 percent.

Believe it or not, but he is a deterrent to the team. He hasn't been the same since the back spasms.

5. platy

platy Member

i won' be surprised if that happens. honestly , after all the things that we went thru, i am not gonna be shocked at what tmac is going to do anymore.

6. mooseatwork

mooseatwork Member

lets just say he can comeback, would you really want him with the team after how he handled his injury. I think he would mess up the chemistry and be a distraction. I think a healthy t-mac can take this team to a championship but do you take that risk if this team finishes the season strong

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

count me as someone who hopes we have seen the last of TMac in a Rockets uniform.

TMac = Fools Gold

8. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

T-mac's done for his career. There is no way T-mac's coming back from micro fracture surgery as reports say is what he will under go. Generally it takes over a year to recover from and considering T-mac's work ethic he's done.

9. buptjinhe

buptjinhe Member

Better not. :D :D :D

I am kinda ok with current team, even though I am surprised by the Alston deal. I want to see how far the current team can go.

10. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I suggest we move all TMac talks to 'NBA Dish'.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I guess it has nothing to do with the roster being overhauled. How many rotation players are still here from the JVG days?

12. Guru

Guru Member

I love the blind hate for T-mac on this board and the blind love for Artest...it's funny. I don't care if he comes back or not, I honestly think he is done as a rocket but not as an NBA player. But its strange to me how everyone thinks he's a ball stopper where it was clear last night, everytime the ball went to Artest he tried to force the offense...just interesting!

13. The_AzN

The_AzN Rookie

Not if what he said was true, getting microfracture knee surgery immediately.

14. xouterheavenx

xouterheavenx Member

there is still a chance he could come back.
    but this team doesnt need a one legged tmac.

this team needs AN EXPLOSIVE, ELEVATED JUMP SHOOTING TMAC.
    than i bet on everything he could sync with the team instead of shooting flat shots and half ass defense.

if we get a healthy explosive tmac than by all means, lets get that ring. but hes no good if hes not 100 percent.

he should rehab for remainder of the season. maybe come back for the last couple games and if he's ready for the playoffs then he should play. tmac always elevates his game in teh playoffs.

15. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I have a question if anyone knows the answer??

T-Mac said he was out for the season but didn't address it to the team. He said he is going with the surgery but hasn't had it yet because he is receiving 2nd and 3rd options. Can McGrady come back and play this season or if he does is there a fine and punishment for false information??

16. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

Hahaha.

Is just really laughable all this hate-stream sudden around McGrady.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

If he gets the surgery, there is absolutely ZERO chance

18. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

That's complete nonsense. Have you seen how badly TSlack has been playing?

19. headm7

headm7 Member

large chance,big plot

20. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

Yeah, I'd say there's a pretty big chance. Things can change so quickly and I'm sure that his injury situation, attitudinal situation and coach/fan opinion are not beyond repair.

That said, he's painted himself into a corner to the extent that if he doesn't get the surgery he'll lose face. If he does, it will likely rule him out until the end of next season at which point, he could easily be a forgotten man, or looking to hookup with a legit championship contender like the Cavs.