1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there any chances of T-Mac coming back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ai_111, Feb 20, 2009.

1. BornRedIn87

BornRedIn87 Member

If that happens, im going to wake up and realize it was all just a dream....

2. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

Wake up, man, wake up, man. The team is actually worse with him.

3. Raven

Raven Member

If we fans are sick of his soap opera, how do you think his teammates feel? No, let's hope the good ship T Mac has sailed away for good.

4. Hmm

Hmm Member

fixed..

and since there's pretty much zero chance of that happening.. certaintly not this season.. frankly there are better odds this team as is wins it all this year.. than there are for Tracy coming back as he once was.. which is truly.. the only way he wishes to return.. from all he's led on..

So, I strongly suggest you and others who remain stubborn to this beyond-all-hope, wishful, and fantastical thought.. to..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4oZYqAeIdYk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4oZYqAeIdYk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

move on.. and hope for the best with the team as it stands.. now..

5. x_h5

x_h5 Member

IBTL ...cant ppl just quit and move on

6. tom0908

tom0908 Member

there is no chances that tracy comes back in this season unless tracy ,himself, want to came back. now he has two choices ,but i think he don't choose being a member of the rockets again.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

What ifs. We've had those all season.

8. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

On the flip side, that could not have been said during the JVG era. This goes to show how significant the coaching change was for the Rockets, as far as the team being able to play without T-Mac is concerned.

9. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Tonight I noticed that McGrady is still in some of the highlights in the 42 years of tradition pre-game video but his feature was erased completely from the video. The part where it shows the the press conference after the trade and he says: "Im just looking forward to something great happening in the city of Houston. And believe me, something great is going to happen."

It was there in the last home game. I think it's pretty telling they made the change.

10. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

If this season has taught me anything...anything is possible.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Nice catch.

12. Dei

Dei Member

Is there even a team we can beat without Tracy(and I'm talking about the Tracy last year, at least)? All I see is Dallas, and they, most probably, won't be our opponents in the first round.

13. newcandy

newcandy Member

Who care?
    I don't think he's going to play a single game for Rockets from now on.

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Lets hope he's shipwreck and appears on next seasons Lost. I heard they love drama there.

15. BornRedIn87

BornRedIn87 Member

Um we have as much of a chance to beat a team this year WITHOUT Tracy as we have for the past 4 years WITH Tracy.

But seriously, we can beat the...

Nuggets
    Blazers
    Hornets
    Mavericks

we would have trouble with....

Jazz(healthy)
    Spurs(healthy)
    Lakers
    Suns(in fast paced game, in half court game we can)

Call me crazy but I also think we have the best chance of ANY team but maybe a healthy Spurs team to upset the Lakers. Battier always has great defensive games against Kobe which means others will have to beat us.

16. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Honestly, not a T-Mac fan, but rather a Rox fan.

As well as we are playing...we need T-Mac to advance to the finals. Regular season we're fine and we don't need him. We'll make the playoffs, possibly win the first round, but if we really want to win it all - it isn't going to happen with this squad. As much fun as this team is to watch and as entertaining as we are - including Lowry - we need a third option.

Whether or not T-Mac is willing to play that role, we will never win another ring unless we are FULL Strength and unfortunately that includes T-Mac.

Honestly, I'm frustrated that he wasn't traded and I hate to admit that he needs to be part of our team to win (as much as I'd like to exile him), but the bottom line is we are not as good as LA or Boston & even if we play above our potential we won't win another ring unless EVERYONE participates & unfortunately that includes T-Mac.

I'll admit, I hated the Rafer trade when I heard about it, but Morey is much, much smarter than me and maybe he knows whats better for the team long term than most of us.

Never thought we'd beat Dallas tonight (even w/o Terry). Great win! Let's go Rox! Great win guys! Scola, Shane, Brooks, Yao, Ron, Lowry, etc.... Great TEAM win!

Hopefully, T-Mac will "buy in" to the team theory, decide to put surgery on hold and figure a way to "re-join" his team without causing a major controversy.

17. EricZ.He

EricZ.He Member

STRONGLY AGREE!!!

18. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Anyways, can anyone find a video of T-Pain for me when he had to be pulled off the court in a stretcher because he was over exaggerating his back spasms?

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Our best chance to win a championship is no doubt with a healthy t-mac. that dude isn't showing up this year though.

I'm not going to say we can't contend with this roster but what seed we get is going to be huge. I do think we'll get past the first round however.

20. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

The cancer has been ablated, period. :mad: