1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the world starting to turn against Bill Cosby?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mr. 13 in 33, Oct 31, 2014.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I hope you have never known anyone who has been sexually assaulted, and I hope you never do have someone close to you go through it. It takes tremendous bravery to come forward after an event like that, and magnify that bravery 1000x if the perp is powerful, well known, and/or well-liked.

It is not like, "hey I got my wallet stollen, I'm pissed." It's more like I am fundamentally humiliated, violated, and feeling incredibly weak in a society that often blames the victim in situations like this. Oh, and yeah, the perp is one of the most popular men in the country, with a war chest of millions to ruin me.

2. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

At the same time, if Cosby was innocent - what then? You don't give people the benefit of the doubt without proof. Anyone could make a baseless accusation against ANYONE without proof. Cosby has absolutely no way to defend himself if this is a lie. He's innocent until proven guilty.

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Michael Jackson agrees.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Haha, 15 different women have come forward, many with similar stories of being drugged and inappropriately touched if not more. In many cases the statute of limitations is long passed, and they have zilch to gain by doing this. No money from a lawsuit, nothing.

Innocent until proven guilty my ass.

#64 seclusion, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  5. VanityHalfBlack

So the networks yanked all of his content from tv programming? What's next remove the Jello pudding from store shelves?????

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

7. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

8. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I know two women close to me who have been sexually assaulted, and in both cases they reported the acts to the police at the very first opportunity. In one case, an arrest was made and the assailant served jail time.

And in case you're wondering, I have discussed this case with both of them, and like me, both of them are highly suspicious of these stories coming out, and the motives for it.

And one of them made a good point. If you continue seeing someone (who supposedly raped you) and accepting money from them, you're not a victim. You're a in a relationship with that person.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Good for your two data points. That's truly great. We are talking past one another, however, and it is not relevant to how the great majority of women deal with sexual assault. Cheers.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I personally have no experience with rapist/raping or people who have been raped.
    [That I know of . . . ]
    That Said

I think at least some of these women 'feel' raped
    Meaning they feel there were violated without their consent
    I dunno the facts to say definitively but i do know they FEEL that way
    Also
    I think some of these women were complicit but did not get the benefit they thought they would from the 'relationship' that they expected and maybe a little salty about it and are not taking the moment to extract a pound of flesh

All in All 15+ women feel like Coz has wronged them.
    Several have similar stories without comparing notes.
    Coz ain't talking

So I believe there is Smoke and Fire here.

Rocket River

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If had $315 large in the bank and I needed to get laid, I am not seeing the need to break the law.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I don't think you get the whole rape thing. Your logic, like most people's logic, differs from that of a rapist.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the issue is that , , , he didn't think he was breaking the law
    If you goto a bar . . get drunk . . and you and a drunk chick go home and have sex
    did you rape her?
    Well, If she says you did . . . probably. She was 'too drunk to give consent'. in some states

In the mind of The Coz, if he gave her the drugs and she took them without him forcing them down her throat . . . all was fair and good
    [not saying I agree . . .AT ALL]

It is that type of mentality that is the problem
    We are on a fine line of things about now . . . .

Rape is a serious issue and defining what *is* rape is more important now more than ever
    I have seen where some have said . . talking a girl in to sex is now coercion and defined as rape [begging, pressuring, etc whatever]

The Fallout for the Coz is evident . .. the continuing conversation will continue

Rocket River

14. Sajan

Sajan Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Pretty much. Good post.

16. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

That's still rape.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Of Course it is . . ..
    but the question is now becoming . . . at what point

If you and girl are doing blow . . .
    If you and girl are drinking Alcohol . . ..
    If you and girl are doing weed . . . .

If any of these leads to sex
    How BLOWN/DRUNK/WEEDED out is too much to give consent?
    Since you both equally BLOWN/DRUNK/WEEDED out . . . .did you rape each other?

There needs to be definitive lines of demarcation

Rocket River

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If Cosby had rape fantasies that he had to explore, his money could have bought him a willing participant to play act the rape. If this would not be good enough for him to get his nut and he needs the actual rape, he is a sick **** that needs to separated from society.

19. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

A lot of times rape is more about power and control than sex. Role playing won't really give somebody the sense of power that they need.

20. nono

nono Member

The woman was raped and then went back again didn't she ? Her story is ridiculous.