1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the season over?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CometsWin, Nov 21, 2015.

?

Is the season over?

1. It's definitely over

27.6%
  2. It's not over quite yet

33.7%
  3. We still have plenty of time, it's not over

28.7%
  4. Play Harder!

10.0%
  1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Les and McHale should send a refund for all the Rockets fan that subscribed to league pass.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yea, it's over in the sense that we won't make it to the WCF. Maybe we'll sneak in the playoffs but if we do we will get bounced first round.

Lol, last time we had three days of practice we lost to the Nets.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

nah it's over pretty much

This team is just not good right now

4. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

i didnt realize the team had one singular goal and it was to make it to the wcf. i also didnt realize this goal was only possible if we avoid the warriors in the first two rounds and the spurs in the first round. mainly i didnt realize that its impossible for a basketball team to improve at basketball over the course of a 6 month long season.

5. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Giving up on the season already? The truth is it looks like no team in the NBA can beat the Warriors in a 7 game series. Cavs or Spurs may get a 2-1 lead, but the Warriors are great enough to finish the series 4-2. Does that mean we should give up? Hell no.

A bunch of you gave up when the Clippers were up 3-1. I bet those of you who were alive gave up in 1994 and 1995 too, huh? Shame! Nothing is impossible. Improbable? Yeah, but not impossible.

We're not the same team as the golden era teams, but we're the same damn group of fans. Or at least we should be. It's been a depressing past 20 years, but I won't give up on the season just because we're like 4 games under .500 in November. I want to make it to the playoffs, and I don't care who we face in the first round. If we're the 8th seed and we face off against the Warriors then so be it. I'm ready for this team to take off.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Disturbing Point in the paint trend Offense vs Defense

Here is a disturbing trend, but one of the primary causes of the team's lack of offensive production:
    2012-2013: 45.8 points in the paint/game (PIP/G) #3 overall
    2013-2014: 51.2 PIP/G #2 overall
    2014-2015: 45.9 PIP/G #2 overall
    2015-2016: 43.9 PIP/G #10 overall

vs points allowed in the paint/game
    2012-2013: 41.5 points in the paint/game (PIP/G) #15 overall
    2013-2014: 43.7 PIP/G #18 overall
    2014-2015: 44.9 PIP/G #26 overall
    2015-2016: 47.3 PIP/G #30 overall (worst in the league)

These stats just confirm the eye test...our boys are just not doing a well enough job deterring opponents in the paint.

AND there is a dip post offense that has stymied this teams evolution. Teams have packed the paint, and essentially dared the Rockets to shoot their way out of the cellar. In order for the Moreyball system to thrive, the Team must have balanced post play. Without it, the Rockets were doomed to fail. Yes Donatas' post play is clearly missed, however that shouldnt be a reason the Rockets failed to have someone else replace that void.

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

see me in Dec 31st

8. KDZ

KDZ Member

another 9th seed season?

9. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

To me, it's not so much that they have to go a certain distance, but that I like to root for them. Don't enjoy rooting for them right now.

My 8 year old niece rooted for the Rockets with me in the playoffs, even though the rest of her family are Mavs fans. My niece had no connection to Houston, but rooted for the Rockets just for me. For her birthday next month, I was going to get her a slick Rockets shirt (along with some other gifts). Now though, I don't know if I even want my niece associated with these clowns.

10. jlwee

jlwee Member

The season is far from over. We still have 60 plus games to turn it around. A winning streak like 8-0 will turn the whole thing around simply because
    (1) The team is simply too talented (on paper) to miss the playoffs. I know there are issues within the team, locker room and FO but is still early in the season, hey is not even December yet, once the team clicks they will go on the roll.
    (2) The West is getting weaker. Outside of warriors, teams like Spurs(Age), Thunder(injuiries), Clippers(Doc Rivers need to get fired), Grizzlies(always a pretender) are all struggling. As bad as the rockets were playing they are actually only 5 games behind to become no.2 seed. Is wild open race still.

I put my money the team will make the playoffs. Only question is, are they going into playoffs as a contender or pretender again?

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

[​IMG]

Patiently waiting for the Rockets season to start.

12. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

lol we're 5 and 9. 3 wins to being in the top 8. relax people. we have too much talent to let this progress an entire 82 games. The rockets will get their groove. No one freaked out when san antionio has their mid year collapse

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Couple that with our dismal rebounding numbers.

If we are shooting badly, we need to rebound so we can get second chances. But Morey has not gotten us good rebounders--more like undersized tweeners.

If opponents are packing the paint, we have to move bodies to get the defense to shift. But after years of McHale's/Morey's streetball, we are only now picking up some kind off structure on offense.

No choice but to be patient with this team.

14. Sanity2disChaos

You pre Madonnas! It's far from over .

15. Sanity2disChaos

This is the best!

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

gee people give up too early, it is just so stupid