1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the Pope a racist?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewYorker, Sep 15, 2006.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Yep!

:confused:

That was actually a bad attempt at humor.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Pakistan already has em.....and they are predominantly Mulsim.

I still think you have to win with kindness .....less stick more carrots.

DD

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Look at these fanatic and intolerant assholes.

[​IMG]

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You would think that Gillette an Schick would be pouring Millions into these countries, imagine how much money they are losing to people that don't shave.

DD

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

They look like they don't wash either!

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

damn hippies!

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree with them that the Pope's stupid comments were bigotted. But what in that picture makes you think they are intolerant or assholes?

Do you have an aversion to people who protest?

8. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

You don't like the skin color? Don’t like how they dress? What makes them look like they don’t wash? Their religion?

9. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

You don't think that extremist muslims are intolerant? Hasn't as much been said about those in favor of a marriage amendment? Their views on that topic alone are much more extreme than most Christians.

They're intolerant of views that aren't their own. Don't you agree?

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Is that guy on the far left (in the protesting the "pops" picture) talking on a cell phone?

"Hi, honey, I'll have to call you back we're in the middle of our death to the pope chant."

11. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

I was going to ask the same thing myself.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The fact that they demonstrate and scream in an aggressive, threatening manner because of some comments made by the leader of another religion.

No, only to people who ask dumb questions while trying to be a smart-ass.

13. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

What makes them "assholes"?

They are protesting... Aren't you supposed to do that, when you're aganist something? Dosen't matter what it is, but they obviously seem offended, and took the time to protest. I see nothing wrong with letting people know opinon on a issue.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

are they british?

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

See above, plus the fact that they would never even dream of reciprocating the level of tolerance they demand from others.

Can't you see the aggression in these people's faces? They prove the pope's point. I am not a huge fan of the conservative opinions this pope stands for (especially on birth control, etc.), but I view him as a man of peace and I don't doubt his good intentions (even though I think he is wrong on many issues). If you read his speech, he is encouraging a dialog of religions. When I see these people - these assholes - they are not looking for a dialog. They are looking to shout and beat anyone down who has a different view of the world than they do.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Yeah, looks like the pope really hates Muslims, right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Can anyone translate what that banner says? Does it say anything about a peaceful dialog? I'd be curious.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "I have bad breath and need to shave, this is why I am so angry."

[​IMG]
    "Yes to a peaceful dialog of cultures and religions, this is what we stand for." :rolleyes:

Interesting and sad that you seem to see a lot more emotion from certain muslims on the street when it comes to protesting against some cartoons or something the pope said than when it comes to protesting against islamist terror.

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I KNOW! Just who does Mr Left think he is talking on a cellular phone during a protest. At least the Islamic still knows how to protest. When was the last time a group of people protested the Patriot Act.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Oh so you want all protests to be nice orderly and without raising their voice or showing any passion.

I have no problem with the protests you have shown in any pictures. I wish more people would protest things.

I agree with you that the Pope's speech was actually to discourage killing in the name of any religion, but he chose a stupid and clumsy way of expressing it, and it angered some people. If they want to protest it doesn't bother me. It also doesn't bother me if the protestors culture has customary facial hair. What a stupid and intolerant thing of you to mock.

Their protest doesn't have to have a stated goal of peaceful dialogue either. Sometimes protests are just to bring attention to things. It doesn't make sense for you to keep bringing up that point and acting like they are doing something wrong if they don't carry banners begging for a peaceful dialogue.

#118 FranchiseBlade, Sep 16, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Is this what they mean by "Muslim tolerance'?

Listen to this: "Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home: an evil fate."

Or then again, this: "Believers, take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends."

Then there is the instruction to fight against those who are not of the true faith "until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued".

All are direct quotations from the Koran, which Muslims believe to be the absolute word of Allah, and which cannot be altered.

If you seek even more ferocious attacks on Christianity and Judaism, you will find them in the Hadith, Islam's other great book of scripture.

Week after week in those lands where Muslims rule and Christians are a minority, the message pours out from the mosques: "God did not have a son."

All the central doctrines of the Christian faith are emphatically denied. Things are said about Jews and Christians, sometimes comparing them to pigs and monkeys, which would attract the attention of the Thought Police if they were uttered here.

Only recently an Afghan was threatened with death - the prescribed punishment under Sharia law - for converting from Islam to Christianity.

Christians in Pakistan live in constant fear of attacks on their churches and their homes, usually following false allegations that someone has burned a Koran.

Coptic Christians in Egypt suffer a similar misery. Christian Arabs who can afford to have been emigrating by the thousands to avoid increasing persecution by their Muslim neighbours.

Hypocritical fury

For years Liberals in the West have spread the myth of "Muslim tolerance". It does not exist and never did. Where Islam rules, other faiths must cringe in humiliated subjection.

These are facts. Is it not astonishing that this militant, angry religion, whose name means not "Peace", but "Submission", whose whole existence is based on the denial and rejection of its rivals, dares to get into a self-righteous rage over an obscure quotation in a dull academic lecture by the head of the Roman Catholic Church?

In Islam it is still the year 1427. They have had no reformation. The more Islamic a state is, the more its women are shrouded and confined, the more its minorities are despised - and the more freedom of thought and speech are crushed.

And yet the deputy leader of Turkey's Islamist ruling party, Salih Kapusuz, attacks the Pope for having "a dark mentality that comes from the darkness of the Middle Ages".

If we bow to this manufactured, hypocritical fury, then we will already have lost one of the most important battles to face us.

While our silly leaders bleat and panic about terror threats, a far greater menace to our free societies comes from the growing power of Islam in our midst.

Much of that power results from the weak-kneed refusal of our own liberal elite to stand up for what is good about our Christian civilisation. Back the Pope.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23367137-details/Is+this+what+they+mean+by+%22Muslim+tolerance'/article.do

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

And none of this shows anybody in any of the protest pictures you posted has anything to do with violent acts against Christians or Jews.