1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the NBA scheduling BS? just for ratings?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by arjun, Dec 8, 2011.

1. arjun

arjun Member

I thought the schedule for each team should be fair and based on some type of competitive balance. Instead if you look at it..a team like Minnesota is not visiting and playing games in New York, Chicago Bulls, Miami or Boston...but all those teams are playing in Minnesota

The Lakers on the other hand do play away AND home games at Boston, New York, Miami,

The Heat also play Chicago, Boston and New York 4 times.

It easily shows that the NBA is setting up their schedule for ratings...thus top teams play a MUCH harder schedule than crappy teams...is that fair?

If the Rockets got Dwight and Paul and all of the sudden became contenders and our schedule was harder than crappy teams..i know i'd be pissed as that is not fair

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Meh, we had a hard schedule for the past three years so screw it.

3. liljojo

liljojo Member

We just went through this lockout and you're asking if the schedule is based on competitive balance?

Seriously?

Money, sir. Money. Nobody has enough.

4. Landry92

Landry92 Member

I don't mind it at all cause that's the games you wanna see but I don't how I would feel if my team was a team that was hurt by the schedule

5. VBG

VBG Member

Same thing is done in the NFL...

6. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Money is the God, not BS.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

everyone in the same conference played the same teams the last 3 years give or take a few

:confused:

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I know December 9th being the opening day of FA was bs. They are busting at the seams with trade information.:grin:

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Too bad we would not make the playoffs anyway.

10. thething

thething Contributing Member

How so? In the NFL, teams play each team in their division twice (6 games), each team from a division in the other conference(4 games), each team from a division in their conference (4 games), and two teams from the other two divisions within their conference.

Those games and divisions get rotated every year. It's pretty fair for everyone.

11. thething

thething Contributing Member

The thing about this schedule is that it is weird because of the lockout. Fairness got compromised.

In regular years, the teams we play is fair, but the amount of back-to-backs is not fair. We tend to get an unusually high number of those.

12. VBG

VBG Member

They play the same number seed from the other division.

NFC East for example, Eagles played Atlanta and Chicago (division winners from last year). New York Giants played the Packers and the Saints (division 2nd place from last year)

and so on