1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the Mayor OK?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by burlesk, Oct 16, 2021.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, many a lottery winner has felt that downward spiral of helplessness

I'm sure some report having more problems after than before actually winning

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

clos4life, DeBeards and groovemachine like this.
  3. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Hope he gets things straightened out, he should have been signed last year imo to repay his loyalty to the city.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You would think that thinking people would realize this and not be so shallow, insensitive and, to put it bluntly, stupid.

Sure, it's nice to have money, but that doesn't prevent depression, mental illness, suicidal thoughts, etc.

We're relatively OK financially as we are both retired, but that doesn't prevent us from worrying about our personal health, our kids and grandkids, our investments, our friends and family members dying, what the future holds for our country and the world. There's a lot of stress out there. Our financial situation didn't prevent our parents from dying from various ailments and seeing 2 of them suffer from dementia and us becoming unrecognizable to them. More recently, one of my best friends for 40+ years caughtt COVID and died. It didn't prevent my incessant worrying when someone very close to me was struggling to get over COVID.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Life is tough. As a collective group of people on the internet we could do a LOT more to be more uplifting and supportive and less dismissive and hostile.

6. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Aint that the truth this turns my stomach. House need to be traded for a pick so that we can get Gerald Back. House doesn't know his role. If KPJ and Jalen had Gerald the offense would free up some

clos4life and burlesk like this.
  7. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

That article makes me like Mark Cuban 1000x more (1000 because he was like a .003 stars out of 5 for me, before this)... I would hope we could somehow repay GG for his loyalty in a similar way, if possible and appropriate. For the way he's represented Houston, he deserves some love.

clos4life, saleem and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sounded more like he got let down by the people he once supported.

9. Chasing_Chase

Chasing_Chase Member

Well, since we're on the topic. I had a breakdown 4 years ago, out of NOWHERE. I won't get into the specifics of what I had going on in my head and what I went through, but I can tell you that if my family wasn't there for me, I'd probably be a gonner. It was the absolute worst 2 months of my life. It was extremely tough on my wife too, it affects people in your life. Fast forward a few months and turns out I have a (treatable) brain tumor that was likely the biggest cause of my episode. I am completely back to normal now but will be on medication the rest of my life.

Long story short: Don't be ignorant and think you know everything. Help each other out.

ipaman, fattz, ramotadab and 6 others like this.
  10. eman

eman Contributing Member

I think it's unanimous Stone should clear House and sign GG. We should keep him as a player as long as he can play, and then forever in the organization as a coach and/or brand ambassador. He's earned the organization's help to keep his nose clean and head-on-straight. He could be our next Lucas, if and when Lucas retires. And it's not just GG's loyalty-- he can still be a microwave off the bench. Come on, Stone, git'r'done!

ramotadab, burlesk, clos4life and 2 others like this.