1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the League Head Hunting J. Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by solid, Nov 25, 2013.

1. iconoclastism

iconoclastism Member

I got a letter from JVG thanking me for my cheque which he returned.

2. iconoclastism

iconoclastism Member

I agree Lin get a ton of calls. I think the foul is harder partly Lin didn't retaliate back. If Lin is fouled hard, he should just foul back twice as hard. Jesus would.

If he got fouled hard, he should make it a mission to hunt that player down and foul him harder just to remind him that there are severe repercussions for fouling Jeremy Lin. Do it a few times, it will be like what Moses did, part the Red Sea and drive to basket with ease.

3. nykb17

nykb17 Member

Lin gets hit a lot because he is really fast and defenders tend to swipe at a blur. It's just the way he plays. He is susceptible to hits.

4. pakattak

pakattak Member

I wish Jeremy Lin wouldn't take "turn the other cheek" quite so literally.

5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Are you or have ever been Asian guy? Truth of the matter, if you are asian guy, you are irrelevant no matter how much money you bring in... unless you own nuclear missles.

6. rocketblood713

That one foul should have been called though it was bright as day elbow to the face I was like damn really!

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watch out Jeremy!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RmdP1qTjGZY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(think Capcom stole Dhalism character from this movie)

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

How is it not? There's no way the huge knot on Lin's head didn't contribute to starting this thread. That's the whole point of the thread, Lin getting hit on the head.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I doubt that NBA players really worry about "retaliation" and don't remember people who retaliate, or are threats to do so, being hit less frequently.

First, nobody really gets hurt from retaliations in the NBA. Look at the recent Portland-GS game, for example. "Retaliation" for a foul or dirty play on the court ends up being a few shoves before the players get separated and guys get technical fouls and other punishments. It's not like being retaliated against actually means any kind of significant physical punishment.

Second, Shaq-- probably the one guy that you have reason to fear physically-- used to lash out at guys all the time and that didn't cause people to stop fouling him hard because that's what it took to have a chance against him. I really don't recall anyone who stopped getting fouled, or even fouled hard, because people are scared of them.

If Lin takes a lot of hard fouls, it's probably cause by the fact that he is often driving very fast straight into the paint trying to get an layup while running into a defender. He doesn't exactly slither around either to avoid or minimize contact, so he is often as responsible for some of the hard collisions as the defenders are. Contrast him with a guy like Kevin Martin, who is a master at getting defenders to barely touch him, or Chris Paul, who is constantly changing directions navigating the paint and baiting guys into touching him-- Lin just runs full speed at the rim and muscle up a shot.

10. 95Rockets

95Rockets Member

I remember one commentator saying Lin led the league in "face slaps" does he still wear a mouth piece? :grin:

11. craguin

craguin Member

Yeah, but Lin went around Kevin Love from behind and looked like he ran into Love's left elbow to get that steal and the clear path foul.

Love Turnover : Lost Ball (2 TO) Steal:Lin (2 ST) - 03:46 4th Qtr
    Rubio Foul: Clear Path (2 PF) (2 FTA) - 03:46 4th Qtr

Nasty looking knot (JLin instagram)...

[​IMG]

Terrence stop playing around with that...

[​IMG]

12. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

I remember Bill Worrell saying Jeremy Lin "leading the league in slaps to the face" sometime last season or something like that.

13. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

LOL this.

14. rocksclo

rocksclo Member

OP:
    Stop this kind of pointless thread for the love of Jeremy. PLZ, JUST STOP.

15. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

I love how that person (not you) just be bringing up things like it's relevant. I don't recall Love getting a foul call for that head bruise and he shouldn't have either. Rubio got called for the intentional foul.

Thread was made because Lin of Allen.

Anyway, Carl H's post had me looking up basketball reference and interestingly, Lin's FTrate is .532. Harden's is .544. Since FTr is defined as "number of FT attemps per FG attempt" it looks like Lin/Harden have a pretty good chance of getting a FTA for every 2 FGAs (am I doing this right?). I wonder if this stat could help them contain their turnovers if McHale starts encouraging these two to commit to the basket and put up the shot instead of turning it over by attempting to pass it out when the pass is not there. Chances are the shot goes in, gets blocked, or they get hit and a call. Of course doing this could hurt their shooting efficiency, but at least we have an opportunity to regain the possession by OR.

16. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Seriously? "No gun, no respect" attitudes don't belong in sports.

Tell me where you play pickup and I won't get next.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

As the guys on the NBATV Starters program/podcast asked: Why did the bump make Lin's hair disappear?

18. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

He got smacked in the face in front of the refs last game and nothing happened as well.

I don't think theres any real malice league wide or anything like that as he does get a lot of calls usually, but must be just putting his head into the play a bit more than others? It really stands out that he gets hit on the head and face heaps.