1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the League Head Hunting J. Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by solid, Nov 25, 2013.

1. howo13579

howo13579 Member

100,000 Grand = 100,000,000 = $100 millions
    Don't think the league is that greedy.

2. yummyhawtsauce

Tony Allen is a dirty player. Every time the Grizz played rockets last year he would hack Lin and get away with it too.

Granted, Tony is a sick defender, just those no-calls allows him to keep doing that to other players unpunished.

3. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Should it be technical foul?

4. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I think it is because of that stupid face he makes where he holds his hands up after he gets called for a foul that he believes that he didn't commit.

I die a little inside every time Lin does that.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Thing happens to Lin - Lin fans thinks Lin is being singled out because, you know LIN LIN LIN LIN.

And also Lin.

lin

6. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

why are you so mad? the team won

7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

but LIN was treated unfairly, therefore he must have justice before we can celebrate the teams victory

8. DL24

DL24 Member

tony allen is one the dirtiest filthiest straight from the hood cheap shot artists in the league, he's in the same league as bruce "im gonna stand beneath as you come down from your jump shot" bowen...his "sick" defense is an accumulation of cheap shot tricks....if he developed any other valuable skill required of a shooting guard, like, shooting the ball, he wouldn't need to play dirty...ironically, memphis has a bunch of shooting guards, who can't shoot but thats another issue

9. Razsan

Razsan Member

This game we won but that Allen play was a 4 point turn around at a critical point in the 2nd qtr. It put them up 38-32 and we didn't score another point after that in the 1st half

10. yummyhawtsauce

lol his 5 steals aren't cheap shots, just passes he anticipated. but yes, he's a giant hood rat.

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

bingo.

he gets hit in the head a lot bc he's aggressive and attacks the rim a lot. same thing happened to lowry when he was here. when you're a smaller guy bulldogging your way into the paint you're gonna take it on the noggin plenty. this isn't some sort on conspiracy.

12. areyouserious

areyouserious Member

No. It didn't look intentional at all. But it was a very obvious and it was right in front of the official. I understand missed calls in the lane because it's hard to tell sometimes, but that was on the 3 pt line. Smh

13. thething

thething Contributing Member

Lin is not being head hunted.

Lin is hunting head.

14. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

OP is absolutely correct. After Linsanity, players D'ing up on him hit him hard and tap his head all the time. His first season on the Rockets last year he was getting hit on the head a lot, and players would'nt be doing that Lebron, Rondo, Parker, etc. Rarely do they foul him by hitting him on the head. I think the Rockets organization should make note of it and send in tapes of this happening, because Lin gets fouled hard a lot on his head. You can foul anywhere else, but players dont foul other PGs on the head as much as they do Lin. I watch other teams play and fouls are usually hacked at the arms or body, but rarely the head. Lin gets hit on the head all the time. This isn't a bias thing, I have had other friends who aren't rockets fans even tell me they see Lin getting hit on the head a lot. I'm pretty sure they do that to stop him since Lin blows by people really fast, so to slow him or throw his shot off they tap his head or the Center knocks him down hard.

15. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

It does seem like Harden gets calls when he's fouled more lightly than Lin. Not complaining with Harden, but sucks for Lin.

16. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

What's admirable is the guy doesn't give a sht and keeps attacking

I don't know why people say he's not tough. The guy will get fouled hard and next possession he'll still attack the same big that made him bleed

17. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I am in no way a LOF but he does seem to get hacked frequently and not get calls. No one wants to get hooped up by the skinny Asian kid, so teams go hard at him. That Tony Allen no call last night was ridiculous, it was right in front of the ref. I feel like there are still some brothers who do not want to see him succeed and if you look at the crew last night you'll know what I mean.

18. torocan

torocan Member

I don't think teams Head Hunt Lin so much as they play hard fouls against Lin since they can't easily stop him from driving to the lane. And because he often goes air borne to score (versus Harden who tends to stay on the ground on drives), he takes some really hard hits mid-air which results in some really bad landings.

The elbow to the head call was definitely bad, however a player barreling into Lin like that without being called is actually not all that common. It just stands out because it's so egregious.

However I think part of why Lin takes so many hits to the head is he often finds himself defending significantly larger players like Love, Metta, etc due to switches. Unlike some guards, Lin still tries to defend them up tight (his post defense is actually fundamentally quite sound), but it means that when the players rotate their bodies, their elbows usually go straight for his head versus other players who would get clipped at the shoulder/chest level.

That Lin for the most part doesn't get superstar calls definitely hurts him. On the other hand he's in the same boat as about 350 other players. Of course that doesn't stop him from driving into the lane, even when some nights it seems like he can't buy a whistle.

Unfortunately, Lin's style of play combined with his lack of super star calls means he's going to get banged around a lot. It also pushes up his TO's more than it would for "star" players.

19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

The refs fear the beard!

20. yummyhawtsauce

Agree. Also Harden is godly for the way he draws fouls. He exposes the ball the ball first to draw the contact whereas Lin straight up goes hard to the rim in mid air. He needs to learn from Harden.