1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the fix in.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Oct 6, 2022.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Victor Wembanyama is a once in a generational player and the Spurs, a small market team, who needs another Tim Duncan lite player to stay relevant, otherwise that team is non-existent. Tony Parker, who is ironically an ex-Spur has been seen with VM none stop.

I just find it strange that they were on the verge of building a young team, then all of a sudden reverted and decided to tare everything down.

Could be similar to the Knicks and Patrick Ewing?

J.R., alcatrazpsycho, NewAge and 2 others like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

The verge of building what young team? Aside from a 26 y/o Murray and a ok player or 2, they had absolutely nothing…

they had won 32, 33, and 34 games the past 3 years which means they had stagnated to a level that’s barely even play-in worthy while having little in the way of young talent

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He's seen with Tony Parker because Tony Parker owns the team Wembanyama used to play for and he mentors him. That being said, I'm sure the Spurs will be tanking... and they should.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If you don't believe the fix is in on some of these lottery picks ....

This shiit isn't coincidence .... Lebron to Cleveland LoL.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is a great young player, just as many others that have come before him, like Ralph Sampson.

DD

jbond77 likes this.
  6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

If they start KPJ we know we're tanking

juanm34, aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Portland has it.

Nurkic is old school center that doesn't win in the NBA anymore.

Dame will be rewarded for staying in his small market.

Shaedon Sharpe will be somewhat of a bust.

Tony Parker is french and hangs around Wembanyama for the same reason.
    No different than Yao Ming hanging around Zhou Qi or Yi Jianlian

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

i hope wemby’s mama goes to the lakers. it’s what we all want

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Have you seen Shaedon Sharpe play?
    Because he may very well be special

Drift Monkey and OmegaSupreme like this.
  10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Think about it. A team like the Spurs can not draw high dollar free agents to go there, it's a small market team, the only way you're going to attack other players is unless you have a marquee player.

I just find it ironic that Victor Wembanyama is coming out, Tony Parker ,a former Spur, is a close friend of VW and the Spurs just so happen to start their tank this yr.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We can agree that the Spurs had more than their share of big success.

It's time for OKC to win one...... Lmao

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

hakeem94 and hlmbasketball like this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, I've seen all his highschool games and the many (like none) college games that he played
    last season. Shot the ball well vs a kindergarten team the other day.

You think the Blazers are going to let him excel this season? Answer: Wembanyama

Vs Clippers: 15 minutes and 2 points (projected to 30 minutes....4 points)
    Vs a bad Jazz team: 16 minutes and 5 points (projected to 32 minutes.....10 points)

#13 ApacheWarrior, Oct 7, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    SamFisher likes this.
  14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Murray is on the Hawks......

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

he was on the Spurs last year

bluffkin likes this.
  16. King1

I dislike quitters and people who beat up women. Those qualities apparently appeal to you.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You've already been shown the error of your ways in the fight between KPJ, his sister and the other lady, but yet you persist. https://bleacherreport.com/articles...of-punching-woman-in-face-during-august-fight

As far as quitting I think people regardless of age can be given a chance to correct their misdeeds. Would be a shame if this society would throw everyone out after one or two mistakes of after baseless accusations that dont lead to criminal charges. Focus on the weed and the gun that would be a more tangible thing to hold onto, but you never mention THAT. Curious.

I hope KPJ succeeds just so you can learn a little humility and hopefully pass that along to the young children that you're supposed to be teaching.

I have a suspicion that what you portray here is nothing like the person you really are and this place is just a venting mechanism. At least I'd like to believe that. Like I said before its terrifying that someone as caustic and intentionally abrasive would be like that all the time especially in the company of children. Glad KPJ has a better support system and positive male figures around him than the ugliness you promote.

topfive and Williamson like this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Anytime you see two French guys together trouble is brewing.

19. King1

I think that people change their stories after the fact but you're entitled to believe what you believe on it.

I don't personally care about weed either way. I don't smoke it but I don't necessarily have a problem with someone who does it recreational. Kind of depends on the circumstances. In terms of him having a gun I have absolutely no problem with that. Look at our society. He's entitled to protect himself.

On the quitting there's a huge difference between getting angry and leaving a game at halftime. That's inexcusable.

I teach my kids values. I want to see them succeed and make it to college whether it be sports , academic or in general. Posting on an internet forum has absolutely no relevance to how I coach. As to KPJ, he's had John Lucas whom I have tremendous respect for and he still couldn't get it together. I certainly wouldn't want my kids to pattern themselves after him. All that God given talent that most would love to have and takes it forgranted

Verbal Christ and JumpMan like this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You found two correlated things - so yes, grand conspiracy confirmed.