1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Silas the worst nba head coach in NBA history?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

"He had many ways." Ok, great. So, how? How do you project the fact that you're still confident about this team, despite losing 20 games in a row? How are you going to remain professional when you drew up a PnR play involving your 2 best players, and one of those players decides to abandon all reason and act like he's Steph Curry?

There aren't infinite ways to spin the same answer to the press, especially since the roster was basically at full health this game.

The man has been waiting a long, long time to be a head coach in the NBA. And some keyboard warriors on a fan site just want to crap on him for no reason.

This is a complete asterisk of a season, yet people are acting like this team is supposed to at least make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs or something.

DVauthrin and juanm34 like this.
  2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Crap on him for no reason? Come on his team has lost 20 consecutive games that’s a pretty legitimate reason.

Imanimal and D-rock like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

By not hanging your head for one.

Not crying would have been helpful as well.

Are you truly this dense?

Silas needs to project confidence and leadership, that is his job.

Especially in public.

ashleyem likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas corroborates Wood very clearly here.

Wall deviates from the set play.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yup, he's lost 20 games. Who are the players on the roster?

Bearded should-be-multiple-time-but-is-only-one-time MVP who's no longer on the team? A dude coming off an Achilles tear who's no longer on the team? A 6'6'' center who is allergic to offense, who's no longer on the team?

Oh, sorry. I meant on the roster. A dude coming off an Achilles tear who thinks he's hot stuff but is in fact, not good anymore? A dude who thinks he's hot stuff who's looking to strike it big on his next contract, and is rotting on this team? A dude who thinks he's hot stuff after signing a big contract, despite only producing for the past season and a half?

Silas signed with this team before the season started. Our roster then? Westbrook / Harden / Tucker / Covington + solid pieces. Now, Silas has to coach this G-League reclamation project.

I don't know if Silas is a good coach or not. But it's really not fair to judge this season with an impartial view. In fact, it's quite ridiculous to even ask if he's the worst coach in the history of the NBA.

DVauthrin and csnerd84 like this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Lol ok keyboard warrior. I don't agree with your terrible take, so therefore I'm dense. got it.

Your advice is...is to not be sad immediately after your 20th loss and to not hang your head. Wow. Sage advice. Thank you so much. You should write a book on how to be a leader. The only words in the book: "don't be sad."

peleincubus likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Body language matters, you are taking this way too personally.

Even media like Adam Spolane tweeted that he's never seen a coach as visibly shaken as Silas.

You may not like the facts, you may not agree with facts, but that doesn't make it any less factual.

8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Losing 20 games in a row is very hard to do and this roster shouldn’t be nearly this bad. He was given 5 guys who are capable of scoring 20 points a game on any given night (Wall, Gordon, Dipo, Wood, KPJ) and most of the games during the streak weren’t even competitive.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Oh no. God forbid a human being shows human emotion after a distressful event.

You literally called someone dense on a message board. And then when that person responds to you, that person is apparently "taking this way too personally."

It doesn't seem like you know how humans work, so I can forgive you for thinking Silas shouldn't feel sad after losing or for wanting to show emotion. Now I know why you want Silas to be robotic. I can only assume you, yourself, are a robot.

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

D-rock likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Losing 20 straight is historically bad.

That doesnt happen every season.

The draft happens every season but losing 20 straight, and counting, almost never does.

bballjunkie and ashleyem like this.
  12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Remind me how many games each of those 5 players played during this 20 game stretch. While you're at it, remind me how many games each of those 5 played together in the same game.

I'll wait.

Sooty likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Call me all the names you like, it still does not change the facts.

14. Rockets4Life13

CF told me the roster was too bad to win with. OKC had pretty much
    Half of the okc roster was out tonight, too.
    their best player was out... we had everyone available and still lost.

I feel like Silas has lost the locker room and especially Wall seems to ignore everything Silas tells him to do. So yeah maybe it’s unfair to judge Silas this season but this roster, no matter what anyone thinks, is not 20 losses in a row bad.

that thunder roster tonight wasn’t better than ours. They just had the spirit to take the win.

15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Injuries happen on every team and it is the coach’s responsibility to make proper adjustments and squeeze out wins. Regardless of how many injuries we have had, this team should be more than capable of winning at least 1 out of 20 games. Not only have we lost 20 in a row but the games haven’t been close (except for tonight). We are getting blown out every game. This is historically bad.

#195 ashleyem, Mar 21, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    bballjunkie and D-rock like this.
  16. vator

vator Contributing Member

Hey guys! Let’s run a play nobody knows while the game is hanging in the balance. Run around and look busy and don’t worry, if all goes to hell John Wall can just launch a pull up 3 and win the game.

D-rock likes this.
  17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I have a hard time understanding Silas’s philosophy. Wood is one of the best rolling bigs in the league but he almost never rolls. When he play big with Wood, the team would switch everything on defence but somehow when he plays small with Tate as centre, the team would stop switching. Sometimes it even makes you wonder if he is doing on purpose. But judging from his reactions in the press conferences, he is not.

D-rock likes this.
  18. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Horford and Hill were out - their two top players. They "rested" others.

We had everybody but EG.

Just like the hapless Pistons game we had another golden opportunity today and blew it ... Again.

Rockets4Life13, ashleyem and D-rock like this.
  19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

it's looking like he might not be a good coach but damn if he never even got a chance to prove he sucks. nobody is owed anything in this world but Patrick owes him an offseason, preseason, and at least 20 games.

20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

No, but he may have been put in the worst situation