1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is saying Islam = Nazism Islamophobic?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 4, 2016.

Tags:
?

Does equating Islam with Nazism represent Islamophobia?

1. Yes, it is Islamophobia

52.4%
  2. No, it is fair criticism

33.3%
  3. Not sure / Other

14.3%
  1. dmoneybangbang

Who cares? The very fact that most of the Muslims in the developed world care more about jobs and their futures/families than jihad says a lot about your misconceptions.

You can conveniently focus on the Muslims that fit your narrative, I'll focus on the entire picture.

1 person likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You've never read any of my previous posts have you?

3. dmoneybangbang

Sure you were. I'm actually JJ Watt online.

And if you were.... why aren't raping folks and taking their territory? Escape from your radical training camp?

Nah son, your story sounds fishy. Show me a picture with you holding a quran and today's newspaper.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

None of that has any relevance to the discussion - and is childlike in attempt. How many XYZ do you know?

Everything I wrote is about the historical figure and what we know about him as a person - and his claim that he was a prophet.

I don't think people are inherently evil, but I do think that Islam and it's doctrine is flawed at it's roots, and is the most easily manipulated to get ignorant people to do dumb things.

Even Christianity needed a "New Testament" to get over all the crap in the old testament (which is equally bad, IMHO) - the problem with Islam is that it leaves no room for change or editing, it is supposed to be the literal translation of what Gabrial - and/or Satan said to Mohammed.

But people are taught that as kids, and told not to question it, and this is what happens when an enlightened culture clashes with one based upon fundamentalism - a culture clash.

Islam needs to be questioned, and publicly, daily until it goes back to the background where religion/mythology belong.

DD

5. fchowd0311

You might want to actually read some of my post history before you drivel.

#45 fchowd0311, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

These are good points. Since people are born into a region, country, and or ethnicity that practices a particular religion. Some people call muslims that just roll with the program due to these circumstances 'secular' and or passive. I'm imagining a crisis in good families and friends because of the ongoing events. I see women no longer adorn their jihabs where I'm used to in this Northern VA area do my daily driving routes. I don't these people personally but know they affected by ongoing events and propaganda.

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

not sure its needed , you recycle the exact same garbage you bring here to every other threads .

8. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

You must not read this forum very often.

And DD...it's Satanic Verses, not versus, although Satan fighting someone might be a more entertaining book.

9. dmoneybangbang

It's all part of the Mohammad was a bad a dude so the entire premise of Islam is based on bad dude things.

It completely ignores the overall history of Islam which can be very enlightened and inclusive through some periods. It completely ignores that there are lot of Muslims who care and worry about the same things as their counterparts.

You and your ilks are trying to make a black and white argument in a world that refuses labeled as such. It comes off as ignorant and fearful.

Of course we shouldn't take radical islam lightly, but I refuse to be afraid or lower myself to a hate monger.

Religion is probably going to stick around for a bit longer.

10. dmoneybangbang

I said the same thing when I was made to go though Catholic Sunday school.

I get it though, Mohammed was a bad dude so Islam is a bad dude religion..... :p

No need as your drivel is pretty self explanatory. Your world is a black and white one.

11. fchowd0311

Yes, let's all ignore the moral principles and actions of the originator of an ideology when a large portion of that ideology deems the originator as a great example of how to practice said ideology.

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Of course, but it is when it has the power of running a country that the issues are magnified, witness the Catholics killing off the Cathars when the Pope had an army in the 1200s.

People are generally fine - nothing wrong with believing in something as long as you can question it from time to time.

Religion, IMHO, is completely made up by man - to control the ignorant masses - and should be judged on it's history and political agendas.

Mohammed was a political figure, and it is LAUGHABLE to see how his story, allegedly from Gabrial, changed as he grew in political power - if this message is from God, why would God's message change based upon one man's political station?

Nope, sorry - we have as a people believed in many religions over the years, Islam is just the latest to try the bully pulpit, it will fail, just like all others before it.

And Mohammed was a warlord and conqueror - historical figure.

DD

13. fchowd0311

No I would say your world is. See, your world dictates that criticism of an ideology somehow entails a blanket generalization of all those that just happened to be born into said ideology.

#53 fchowd0311, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Exactly no one is saying the people that follow it are bad - just that the base of it is flawed.

DD

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ATW lies a great deal openly - for instance he uses that "these Muslims are Nazis" quote that was made 10 years ago to claim I am a hypocrit. But he leaves out that by "these Muslims" I was clearly referring to the extremists who do the suicide bombings. He doesn't care - because he is a human-low life. He stalked me on LinkedIn and posted my place of work on here - which is illegal.

But let's look at what he states to prove he is lying and that he is indeed xenophobic:

Contrast to a post he made a few hours earlier

This is not a logical argument. The statements here are clearly referring to Islam as a whole and not extremism. If you look at these accusations - many of them are off base and are clearly paranoid.

Just look at the one where he claims Islam is an Ideology built on hating Jews. You can't get any more xenophobic than that.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

How is posting public information illegal exactly? Not saying that it is right, if what you say is true, but how is it illegal?

DD

17. fchowd0311

That's not xenophobic. That's calling out perceived(in your opinion) xenophobia. Even if he is wrong, I wouldn't call it xenophbia.

The Quran and the hadith are rather helter skleter about the Jewish tribes around him. It probably had to do with the mood Muhammad was in that day.

18. fchowd0311

I wouldn't say it's illegal. I would say it's a low blow move that should be frowned upon(if true).

19. dragician

dragician Member

Islam is the modern day jews.

Who do you think are the modern day NAZIs?

20. fchowd0311

I would say moderate Muslims in Iraq and Syria are somewhat the modern day Jews while the fundamentalist Muslims are the modern day Nazis.