1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is saying Islam = Nazism Islamophobic?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 4, 2016.

Tags:
?

Does equating Islam with Nazism represent Islamophobia?

1. Yes, it is Islamophobia

52.4%
  2. No, it is fair criticism

33.3%
  3. Not sure / Other

14.3%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm sure Hitler advocated strong family values and taking care of your pets. Wasn't he a proud dog owner?

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yup, he was, and he also built some Autobahnen...

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

BS , ...

4. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Yeah, right up until he tested a cyanide capsule on his dog to make sure it worked.

5. fchowd0311

The problem with Exiled and even Mathloom is if I give examples of his atrocities with textual evidence it will simply be shot down with either
    1. out of context
    2. not credible source

To best summarize this watch this video:<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SfrO6LJyhII" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

No, I don't think I want to do that. I've been down that road before with ATW. He and I are both highly argumentative. I like better the current truce where I don't try to tell him he's wrong so he doesn't have to insist he's right.

7. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

so this thread was started to call out ATW? As if it wasn't pitiful enough on it's own merrits...

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

you answered your own Q. , bring a reliable source , then we could discuss it !

9. fchowd0311

Is Sahih Al-Bukhari or Sahih Muslim good enough sources?

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Listen, if you want to have a nuanced discussion, then don't jump into these sidebars. I have no idea why you're busy trying to convince me that Muhammad was imperfect or did things which don't fit into a moral compass or simply did wrong things. Call it whatever makes you happy. I'm not going to get into each of those things, and it's pretty ****ty of you to intentionally bring up things have been discussed ad nauseum and are likely to devolve into worthless and irrelevant back and forth. Let's assume everything you said in that paragraph is true. Cool? Now, back on topic.

Your claim is that Muhammad's Islam is fascistic, yet he never (nor did the Quran ever) say to copy his every move. I've written out evidence for you to refute even BEFORE you verified your initial claim. So let's see you verify this claim because unless you do so, this is outright bigotry.

Same with your peeing story. You never had to copy Muhammad, ever. You were poorly educated about Islam, and you're kind of showing that here. I don't really blame you because from what I understand about your parents cultural upbringing, it will have been heavily influenced by wahhabi ideology just due to the dominance of funding and educational materials sent by wahhabists to the subcontinent. Heck, it wasn't so long ago that people in the subcontinent thought they have to wear a skullcap and most middle easterners were wondering why on earth they are so obsessed with skullcaps.

The link that wahhabi ideology makes is:

The Quran says to follow the sunna/example of Muhammad, and there are a couple of dudes after he died whose opinion it was that the statement means you should copy everything he did and keep everything the way it was. That has nothing to do with Muhammad's Islam. Absolutely atrocious reasoning on your part.

What's incredible is that you are backing the veracity of the people with the opinions in this case because it suits you, but in general you don't have any confidence in the veracity of the hadith or tafseer. That's not a valid analysis. Me and you both know the likelihood of any of that stuff being accurate.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Nice cop out bro. Now please get to providing any evidence for the subject at hand and your claims instead of these personal attacks.

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

there are like 90% evidence and sources says the opposite , but you insisted your 10% is more accurate as if it serve your intentions

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I see how Lou voted on this, but how would New Yorker have voted?

Honestly it's not "Islamophobia" to criticize extremist ideology and while there are some similarities on the surface between Nazis and extremist Islam in that they both irrationally hate Jews and blame all of their problems on them, it doesn't go deeper than that.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Mohammed claimed to be talking to Gabriel, but how would he know?

And what about when Satan was talking to him? The Satanic verses?

How convenient that we get to erase stuff, with an OOOPS, that was Satan - come on, that just seems so made up. Mohammed was a conquerer - a political figure that used religion to control the ignorant masses.

There is ZERO evidence that he is anything but that. And there is no argument about a billion people believing anything having any truth to it...the world was flat once, the Greeks had Gods, Cigarette smoking was good for you....people have been misled for centuries.

DD

#34 DaDakota, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

WOOSH...

Again, his 'mistakes' were not small trivial mistakes like accidentally lusting after a woman that was married. These were acts that had very broad range of consequences.

It's akin to someone saying no one said to follow every move that Hitler did because he wasn't a perfect man, but just his morality as a whole.

If the two most venerated sources of hadith are not satisfying enough for you then we barely have enough resources about the life of the prophet to go by then.

In all honesty, Muhammad wasn't this evil person for his time. He was just a man of his time and surroundings. However, his morality does not hold up to modern morality. That is the largest problem here.

16. dmoneybangbang

How many Muslims do you know? Seriously????

When people start with that "conqueror" crap you can tell they don't have the experience of being around a lot of different people or first hand experience with the people they are talking about.

17. fchowd0311

When you mean 'opposite' do you mean that Muhammad had some positive messages and did some morally praiseworthy deeds? Sure. Hitler did some good deeds also in his life. I'm sure he loved his wife and never cheated on her. I'm sure he loved his dog. I'm sure he was nice to many White Germans.

18. dmoneybangbang

And how many Muslims do you actually know? Have they attempted to rape your children or friend's children? Have they tried to convert with the sword?

BAHAHAHAHAHA. Of course not, you know nothing. It's way easier to be afraid and generalize a bunch of folks that fit into your narrative.

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

though its not an exclusivity Mohamed thing,
    Quran is 850+ pages , go through it ,and prove its inaccuracy in a constructive way .

BTW, recently you acts like a teenager who just watched Rocky Balboa I for the first time , so much enthusiasm, whats wrong with u lol

20. fchowd0311

I was born and raised Muslim. Que Mathloom with his no True Scottsmen fallacy.