1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is running it back a REALISTIC option anymore?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Jun 29, 2019.

?

Would we be able to recoup enough chemistry to run it back?

1. No

33 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. Yes

36 vote(s)
    52.2%
  1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm truly on the fence about this. We have 3 of our top 4 players on the block according to some 1st or 2nd tier sources.

Option 1
    On the one hand, I think it may be impossible to get the chemistry back, and none of MDA/Morey/Harden have the EQ to do it. It's not their strong suit at all.

I do wonder how it looks to the besties Harden and Tucker when Harden has been in Butler's ear all summer and now Tucker may have to be traded for it to happen. That's a shrewd move by Harden and simultaneously a d-bag thing for a friend to do, even if understandable from a business perspective.

Certainly, Gordon will be more thirsty for fun next season. Capela might think his playoff performance has little to do with his inclusion in these talks. It's not easy to see this team getting over this.

Option 2
    On the other hand, this is a veteran team (the most veteran team in fact) and they've been through a lot. If anyone can get over this, maybe it's these guys.

2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

na. league continues to change. we gotta change

fattz, RichieBanks, BasketMAD and 5 others like this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Chemistry, schmemistry. We have the best offensive weapon the league has seen in decades. We just need support players to help him do what he does. If we don't get Butler, then we should still have guys like EG, PJ, Cepela, etc. As non-stars, their mandate is to support the stars and help them get us where we need to be.

4. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

We need something other than Harden iso ball to close out games.

Pat, beardsanity713 and Highlyrated like this.
  5. threepointshot3

No Clint will be to hurt with all these rumors. He will need to be traded even if Jimmy tomball is not got

fattz and Stormy1234 like this.
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Nah.

Jimmy or bust.

If we run it back Capela and Gordon won't be having any fun.

7. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

No. I don't believe this is Lebron in LA levels of toxic. Gordon probably understands the business as he was traded for CP3. He will move on past this and likely be very relieved as well. Capela on the other hand is probably hurt, but I'm sure he has some OGs in his ear telling them it'll be fine. He'll probably work extra hard this off-season.

Chemistry will be fine. Cap is 25 and has been in this league for a while. It's not like he's barely a 2nd or 3rd year player. EG and Tuck are vets.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

we running backwards

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's probably the most likely option unless Butler, which is 50/50 at best.

Look on my works ye mighty and despair

10. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Once Kawhi joins the Lakers the Rockets might as well be a soccer team because nothing will matter at that point.

KelvinCato13 and malakas like this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Nah man, it's the Rockets so they know it's just business. Other teams don't know it's business so that's why they have toxic lockers

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

It only bothered DMo (option)

Motivated Horry

Pat and Ramo$e like this.
  13. JW86

JW86 Member

Don't care really, we need change, but Butler is far from the one we should go after. A package of JaMychal Green / Lopez / Aminu / Green / Reddick is much better. We need depth, not stars.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think the players will be fine, they're grown up men, Eric is in contract year too, if anything he would play for his net contract.

But if the team stays the same i see more downside then upside, we're an old team, Chris might very well decline further, PJ is 34...literally every other >.500 team is younger than us, some already improved their roster, other teams will. I mean, on paper this team can still compete and get a bit better if (and it's a big "if") they add a solid player with the MLE or a guy like Love, but winning is going to be really difficult imo, especially if the L.A teams will end up with three/two stars, let alone if the Lakers end up with Kawhi.

#14 Vivi, Jun 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    mikol13 and malakas like this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

From the chemistry viewpoint, the problem is overstated tbh.
    The trade rumours are happening during the offseason with plenty of months after for any bad relationships or hurt feelings to mend.

But if we run it back as it is, we don't have any hope to win a championship.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Clint and James had a public event in China today. He’ll be fine .

PJ rumors were debunked by Feigen. He’ll be fine.

Eric is the king of trade talks. He’ll be fun.

mikol13, D-rock, Deuce and 4 others like this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think Morey and co. think yes... they can run it back again.

Trying for Butler doesn’t mean they actually think it’s going to happen and all indications are they are planning to bring back everyone due to the warriors likely being without KD and Klay until the playoffs.

I believe Morey and co believe that if they do what they did the past two years they’ll clearly be the best in the West this season and it’s their best shot at a title. So yeah... I think running it back is def an option even if I myself am admittedly a bit weary of this team and kinda want to see a shake up.

18. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Maybe Gordon can externalize it, that "they were only shopping me because I wouldn't sign an extension."

mikol13 likes this.
  19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

They get paid to do a union job at excellent wages with excellent benefits with an excellent retirement and a fantastic lifestyle. If they can't get over it **** 'em.

Pat likes this.
  20. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Clint I’m not overly concerned about - dude dominates against majority of the league, and he’s under contract for awhile. Plenty of time to repair any damage to the relationship.

EGO is a goner next year in FA, IMO, after all of this chatter. Could really see it impacting his play. Think at this point you have to test the market to see what you can get for him. Maybe a team like the Bucks tries to get out of the Bledsoe contract, keep their core together and run it back with a veteran shooter. Not that Bledsoe is our missing piece nor even a great fit, but at least some quality and under contract. Allows Morey to make a couple minor signings and capitalize on next 2 seasons.

ilias likes this.