1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Rick Adelman the poorest coach out of time out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by spdngyns69, Jan 21, 2011.

Tags:
  1. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

His substitutional pattern is questionable but how often does he draw up one successful play after a timeout? Im not even talking about critical moments but just out of timeouts in general. I cant remember much if not, any.

2. redao

redao Member

JVG was worse.

3. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

My biggest problem with Adelman is actually that he takes players out of the lineup when they are on a roll. If it is the fourth quarter and a player is making shots - Leave him in the lineup!!! Everyone in the Rockets is prepared to play 48 minutes per game + overtime if necessary. I think he does this to balance minutes, but it is hurting us. When the shots are falling for a guy, leave him in. I have seen this a couple of times, particularly with Kevin Martin and Scola. Then when he takes them out and puts them back in they are not quite as sharp anymore.

Our balanced minutes 10 man rotation is hurting us.

1 person likes this.
  4. ZFlash23

ZFlash23 Member

time out play.... there's one play... Buddinger curl for a jump shot.

speaking of coaching... if Z Randolph is going to continuously burn you, for the love of god, PLEASE DOUBLE TEAM! try something different. UGH!!!!

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Ability out of the timeout usually says more about the players involved and not the coach.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

No he has money. Les Alexander paid him.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You've got Jeffries, a good defender, over on the bench with 0 fouls. Every other big man on the squad is in foul trouble. What do you do? Hooooonk!!! Wrong Rick, again!! :mad:

1 person likes this.
  8. solid

solid Contributing Member

I addressed this issue in the Post Game Analysis thread. Adelman really gets on my nerves. I really think he could make better use of the players that he has and as to time outs on my word: when they are desperately needed, he rarely calls them, when they aren't, time out. Wrong players in at wrong times, no double team on the opposing team's hot scorer, I never understand him.

9. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Rick is one stubborn motherlovemaker.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Actually its the best sign if the coach is a good in-game coach or not. Guys with X and O's pedigrees like Pops, PJ and Sloan always get their team to execute a smooth play out of timeouts. Coaches who suck at X's and O's don't know what to do out of timeouts, like the Cavs and of course us. If the execution is sloppy then that still falls on the coach, he should have made his players know what to do during practice.

11. Roxs-Redemption

Get Larry Brown to teach him some good Offensive plays

12. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

clowns the lot of you! no one with any basketball knowledge would do anything but praise adelman for his ability offensively out of timeouts. you guys are just blamers, coach haters no matter who it is. geez!

13. ThaShark316_28

Sarcasm unlocked.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You have to be related or friends with Adelman. He did a poor job against Memphis. There is such a thing called defense. Help your guys out.

15. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

RiCKtheDiCK! do something ..

1 person likes this.
  16. gah

gah Member

You are damn right, that fool! Why didn't he put himself into the court to help his players defend, especially after seeing his best defender being scored on with one Hail Mary after another?
    :rolleyes:

To the OP:

You just picked the wrong game to make these judgments, our players did get suitable opportunities down the stretch or is it Adelman's fault that Martin and Aaron didn't make the good shots they took?

17. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I dont mean to take the subject away from OP but Rick the D!ck has to be the worst coach on substitutions as well. He just doesnt understand the situaton. He alwast leaves the wrongs out and leaves the wrong guys in. He just cant get anything right.

18. gah

gah Member

Ding Ding!!

Of course! Thank you.

How can he get it right if he only has wrong players in the court and in the bench?

Last night loss was so much easier to swallow because the guys executed to get good shots, they just didn't happen to make them.

19. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

Great post!

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

They are getting wide open 3s. So sick.