1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is rape under the terms and conditions for Comcast customers?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

People do not want to pay a penny more than their current crappy provider. This is why fiber struggles to roll out. They want to pay $50 for 50 and no installation cost.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Except people are pining for Google Fiber.
    I would GLADLY pay for Google Fiber in a heartbeat.

https://fiber.google.com/cities/kansascity/plans/

Welcome to competition.

No surprise that many ISPs ESPECIALLY in places where Google Fiber is being rolled out are magically able to double everyone's internet speeds. Even in Houston I got my internet speed doubled+ from 25mbps to close to 70mbps magically. Hmmmm, I thought ISPs couldn't afford to do that? :eek:

All of a sudden ISPs are rolling out 300mbps plans.
    Prices are dropping. Google Fiber is the best thing that has happened to the stagnated telecoms industry.

#62 RedRedemption, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  3. Space Ghost

Google Fiber roll out is not that impressive to me. But hey, at least they are doing something.

All the ISP's are doing is giving you more bandwidth. Unless backhauls are upgraded, it wont do any good on the congestion. All it means is the torrent users can eat up that much more bandwidth.

Its not a good thing ISP's are doing this. All they are doing is convincing people that fiber is not necessary. While its nice to have that hit in extra bandwidth (that most people will never use), fiber will have trouble winning over more customers if they are happy with their current service.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You're telling me people would rather pay for Comcast for lower speeds at a higher price than pay for Google Fiber at $70/mo for a 1gbps connection all the while eliminating setup fees.
    I'm splitting $86/mo for 50mbps with my roommates. I will drop Comcast in a heartbeat when Google Fiber expands to my neighborhood.
    Just because we are satisfied/have given up because THERE ARE LITERALLY NO ALTERNATIVES doesn't mean I'm not going to seek out better deals.

Oh by the way Google Fiber also a free internet tier. Fiber is going to grab a massive market share. Telecomms will be forced to spends billions on the infrastructure that they promised to build ten years ago. The liberal media will continue to circlejerk Google Fiber and tear down Xfinity/Comcast/ATT/Verizon. I love it, **** COMCAST.

#64 RedRedemption, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  5. Space Ghost

You do realize Google Fiber is only rolling out in the absolute most optimal conditions? They will not be coming into Austin and hooking up every single building in the city. The will come into the densely populated neighborhoods where their crowd fiber initiatives allow them to provide the best returns. Google Fiber has been talked about for years now and they only have a handful of neighborhoods hooked up. It looks like they dont even show the neighborhoods they have hooked up anymore.

You are correct however. The liberal media will continue the circle jerk of Google Fiber. However google fiber will not be grabbing any marketshare anytime soon.

And just FYI, there are plenty of fiber ISP's out there. And the amount of dark fiber sitting out there not being used would astound you.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I read once the amount of people that are hooked up to google fiber is pretty high, and the rate of adoption will increase year after year.