1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Morey engaging Chicago in a stare down contest for Carloid Boozer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jul 13, 2014.

1. basketballholic

We would not be trading for Boozer the player but rather for Boozer the contract and the asset(s) that come with him.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don't like guys who spray paint their domes to cover up their baldness. These types of people can't be trusted.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Guess Chicago won that stare down. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL

Basketballhollic silly theory fantasy camp.

5. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

I hope we put in a $3 - $5MM bid for him despite the fact that I hate his guts since the Jazz days.

6. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/bulls-use-amnesty-provision-carlos-boozer?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

<h2><b>Bulls use amnesty provision on Carlos Boozer</b></h2>July 15, 2014, 4:00 pm - csnchicago.com

As expected, the Bulls exercised the amnesty provision on Carlos Boozer, the team announced Tuesday, a day before the league's deadline.

Boozer is owed $16.8 million in the final year of the five-year contract he signed in 2010 and after amnestying him, as well as waiving the non-guaranteed contracts of veterans Lou Amundson, Ronnie Brewer and Mike James, the Bulls are expected to soon finalize and announce the free-agent signings of Kirk Hinrich, Pau Gasol and Nikola Mirotic.

“Carlos epitomized professionalism in everything he did for the Bulls both on the court, and in the community, during his time here in Chicago,” said Chicago Bulls General Manager Gar Forman in a press release. “Over the last four seasons, Carlos’ productivity helped elevate our team to another level. I have nothing but respect for Carlos, and certainly wish him the best as he moves forward.”

Teams under the salary cap can bid on Boozer's services and the Bulls will have to pay the balance of the power forward's salary, though it doesn't affect their salary cap.

Amongst the teams expected to bid on Boozer are the Lakers, Suns and Magic, according to a league source, and if he clears waivers, more teams, like the Rockets and Heat, could show interest.

Boozer, 32, averaged 13.7 points and 8.3 rebounds in 28.2 minutes per game last season, the lowest numbers since his rookie campaign in Cleveland, but remains a productive player and is viewed by many observers as a piece that could greatly enhance another team.

#46 Sherlock, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  7. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

We

are

not

getting

boozer.

or maybe we are?

8. Fantasma Negro

Randolph was cut today as well...

9. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

please no boozer.. please or i will cancel my season tickets

10. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I'll take them off your hands lol

11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

The OP joptmc is a joke, he posts one inane theory/proposal after another and even claims insider knowledge, yet he also not only happens to be wrong the vast majority of the time, but incoherent and repetitive.

1 person likes this.
  12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think I'd rather have Boozer starting at pf over TJ or DMo... 1 yr contract, tradeable at deadline, playing for his next contract.... yeh, if I was Les or DM, I'd throw 5M at this point....

13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I hate him but I kinda want us to bid

14. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

Is it true that Boozer and Howard are real good friends???!!!

15. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Boozer would be a solid vet PF for us. Can hit the 12-15 ft jumper (give Howard space and help spread the floor), be very good in a pick and roll (pop and shoot), and he is a decent rebounder. We just couldn't lean on him in the playoffs against taller defenders in the paint. Good thing for us we wouldn't have to do that

16. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

[​IMG]

No no no no no no no no no no no...

I don't think I could stomach seeing this guy in a Rockets uniform.

17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Boozer will be nice.

18. opticon

opticon Member

From what I have been hearing only teams under the cap can bid. After he clears he can go where he pleases.

What I wonder is how soon can you trade a player you claim via amnesty.

In theory a team who does not want him but is under the cap could claim him off waivers and flip him for a asset of some kind.

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

why not? this would be a cap flexability move

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If you win an amnesty bid you have to keep the player until following years July 1'