1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Luka Lebron 2.0?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealAllpro, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

You raise a very good point, one that we talked a few times on our (Slovenian) podcast too.

It's not a coincidence both non-Luka playmakers, Brunson and Wright, are bench players. TBH that is also because of their limitations - Brunson is short and along Curry, he would be a liability regarding perimeter defense, while Wright is not a good enough shooter. No starter outside of Luka can create for others, although Curry is showing some flashes on that front.

That's why I really hoped Dallas would get a secondary playmaker that would fit next to Luka - Dragić and Brogdon were the best option, with Brogdon being nr.1 option. When that didn't pan out, I hoped for a 3&D player like Beverley or Danny Green, and instead Dallas got two players for one role: 3(Curry) and D(Wright).Too bad.

So until they get a secondary playmaker, Luka's 3 ball will continue to hover around 30-32%. At least he's got three shooters around him when he starts.

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Why do you keep spamming me? How about this if you don’t like non-Rockets opinions stay in GARM.

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

How about no.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Fatboy is ball hogging and stunting his losermate Porky the Rapist's development.

pippendagimp and King1 like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Luka is not lunchpail. He is European.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

No and no lol

9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Luka is not close to harden lol stop it just stop

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

What are u talking about? I never said he was close to Harden right now.

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I'm not a fan of anyone who plays for Dallas or Utah.

J.R. likes this.
  12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

You can be a fan of one team, and recognize and appreciate greatness elsewhere.

BaselineFade likes this.
  13. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

No one is saying you need to be a fan. Just that you not be obtuse, or castigate those who aren't. Lots of teams/players I'm not a fan of...doesn't mean that I don't recognize that they're very good players, or that there's anything wrong with people who point that out.

14. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I have never cheered for a player to do well and his team to fail simultaneously. Luka seems like a really good dude and easy to cheer for. My hope is that Carlisle pushes him over the edge or he signs with Nike and wants to end up in LA/NY. That Lakers game was incredible, but the way Carlisle treated his star player by not calling a TO for him when hes bleeding from his head, and then a second time takes a blow to the jaw. I am cheering for KP to just spiral downwards and for them to be unable to get any other talent.

15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

These teams had some nasty dynamics at one point. Karl Malone and their fans are/were awful, but Mitchell like Luka seems like a really good and humble dude. It is not their fault they ended up on these franchises, and you miss a lot of good basketball I think by hating on talent. Gobert is no Malone either lol, its just not the same rivalry.

As for the Mavs, the main reason the rivalry ever heated up is because Cuban would complain about Yao, send tapes, and the Parsons fiasco, their fans also over rated Dirk to an annoying point. Since, Cuban has often sided with Morey over social media, Parsons well we all know how that worked out for them. I think he has matured as an owner and been humbled by the fact that no stars wanted to join his team as a FA.

16. omgTHEpotential

True basketball fans recognize greatness. While others just see the jersey and can't think objectively.

Koperboy and BaselineFade like this.
  17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

What if I told you there was an NBA player who was the biggest “ball hog” in the league(leads the league in time of possession), was an offense unto himself and loved to take step back 3s?

Probably most fans would immediately think the unwatchable, manipulative James Harden.

Only this guy is heralded as everything that is right with basketball and the next great thing in the NBA.

Funny how that works.

18. omgTHEpotential

This is a very bizzare statement. So if the guy is an exceptional offensive talent and playmaker, then maximizing his talent by putting the ball in his hands as much as possible is bad? You'd rather have Porzingis create for them and let Luka be the spot-up shooter instead of finding his teammates for open shots? Doncic is 2nd in assists in the whole league. Ball hog?.. Can you please elaborate, I really don't understand your point.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think you missed it the point of the post.

I put ball hog in quotations for a reason.

My point is Luka is VERY much like James Harden. He has the ball A LOT, is an offense unto himself and takes a lot of step back 3s.

Yet Luka is the league/media’s new golden boy.

While Harden is quite the opposite. You often get the....”who wants to watch one guy dribble the ball a bunch and do everything”

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  20. omgTHEpotential

Ahhhh, sorry my bad.

[​IMG]

DrNuegebauer and jordnnnn like this.