1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Lin injured?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Oct 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

A very nice analysis by slowturtle. I'm inclined to agree with your analysis - especially about the Lakers - although I'd point out that around here beiing "irrational" is the norm for most of the Rocketsheep.

2. HillBoy

Totally agree with you here about the NYC media (although slamming Lin allows them to ignore the shipwreck that is the NYKs) but I am not as sold on the Rockets' scouting as are yourself. I have serious long term trust issues with this organization's ability to find and evaluate talent.

3. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I'm not inclined to trust the tabloid either but it is a bit discouraging that Lin is not 100% by this point. It has been several months from an injury that usually heals in 6 weeks.

4. HillBoy

Cat's 100% correct here. Folks just need to get thicker skins and unless you happen to believe what the NY media is saying to be the truth, simply ignore it and be on your way. Lin is a work in progress and as such needs to be given time to develop. He'll have his good and bad days but it is to be expected with this team at this point in time.

5. HillBoy

Lin will be fine...he's the least of the Rockets' problems right now. They have far more issues with their front court than with Lin's knee. As someone pointed out: it will be the play of the 3-4-5 spots that will dictate the success (or failure) of their season.

6. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

And that was the spin invented by the Knicks. I can't believe people would believe that spins the Knicks and NY tabloids sold them, even after both the Rockets and Lin denied it. In my opinion, New York Times is the only legitimate "NY media". All others are tabloids.

Agree with everything else.

7. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

NYers (which my iPhone tried to autocorrect to "haters" -- heh) are so delusional about their team and their city. I've never seen anything like it.

Would rather smear Lin than cope with the fact that Dolan is a total scumbag and incompetent moron who surrounds himself with low character guys.

You don't see the Bulls treating Asik this way after not matching him.

8. RoxBro

RoxBro Member

Lin has slow lateral movement and turns the corner on picks slow so I think he's still healing from the surgery. My fear is depending on Machado. He has great court vision, but he seems like a lazy player at times. He stopped running on a fast break, let his man roam into the paint for easy scores, and half ran to rotate on defense a few times ( during the San Antonio game). Michael finally took him out. He needs to play harder and maybe he can be something.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Talk about wasting 25 million dollars. :rolleyes:

10. Parpar2j

Parpar2j Member

I agree with you. Sometime Machado tries to Isolate but it makes no point and no one rebound in the paint except the another team.

11. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Setback for Lin??

I saw that shot of Lin on the bench with ice on his left knee during the 4th quarter....... My biggest fear is a setback.........

For what was initially surgery for a meniscus tear, which normally takes 6 to 8 weeks to heal, something tells me Lin's knee problem is more serious than what has been reported.:eek:

Lin's quick lateral movement has been MIA this preseason. There were signs of it during the N.O. game, but he even looked lost at times during the Spurs game.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

All part of the plan, Morey knows Lin's knees are forever ****ed. We tank for 3 seasons, incoming top 5 picks.

13. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

The post-game video suggests no setback for Lin.......... There is, however, uncertainty that he will play in Dallas game.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/post-game-10142012-jeremy-lin

If there is any silver lining from this game, it's that the players now know their weakness, the Spurs exposed them. Lin even admitted that. The Spurs are one team that's good to have on the preseason schedule, for better finding this out now than when the games count.

Something tells me Lin's first good game will be in Detroit on Halloween Night.

14. King Boo

King Boo Member

This. Tony Parker had a horrible game today, 1/5 from the field with 3 turnovers and only 1 assist. Tim Duncan was 1/6 from the field. I bet you Spurs fans aren't panicking about their 2 best players playing badly in a meaningless preseason game.

The amount of hand-wringing and haters delighting in Lin's under-performance on this forum is just mind-boggling.

15. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I also suspect there is more to Lin's knee than is being led on. I think Lin's hesitations during the post-game interview when questioned about his knee gave some sense that either it is hurting, or it's hurting just enough where he is tentative with it and not wanting to aggravate it.

I would recommend another MRI to evaluate it... he may well have exacerbated the injury/re-tore it, or it's a new injury altogether.

16. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Come on guys! Calm down! His left knee is fine! I don't know how to explain it in details by English but, for almost every patients to regain full speed, full strength, full quickness, full vertical, full explosiveness, etc, I know it always take a long time. It doesn't mean he is not 100% healthy now. But he is just not yet 100% of capability to perform like what he did b4 injury.

17. sidestep

sidestep Member

When asked about injuries last year, his motto was 'No excuses.' He didn't talk about his knee until it was to the pt that it prevented him from playing. Based on that, I don't think he's going to say anything to reporters that might sound like he's pointing to his knee as the reason he's not playing well. That also means it's hard to get a sense of how much the knee is bothering him, since he tends to downplay injuries/pain.

18. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

I feel the same. Lin's meniscus tear might be much more serious than other people's, thus much longer rehab time. Remember Lin's knee was in pain already during that Raptors game and he played through it and then the next hard-fought Phily game(36 mins) then another 2 games against Raptors and Pistons. He was playing in pain for 4 straight games! And he still didn't get immediate surgery until another 4 more days. I suspect that exacerbated his meniscus tear and made it extremely serious. I blame Knicks medical stuff for incompetence.

19. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Chris Paul had the same injury and it took him a major part of a season to get it back

20. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Sorry, you can't have a setback when the surgery performed was deemed successful. Soreness and stiffness as a result of scar tissue and stuff is temporary which is probably a little of what Lin is feeling.

And if his injury was something more serious than a meniscus they would have done what they needed to do right then and there on the table and everyone would have known by now.

You guys just need to show a little patience.