1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Lin injured?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Oct 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

NY media STILL butthurt over this?

I wonder how long this would continue, the taste of their delicious tears is worth it

2. luden

luden Member

It pisses me off. They exaggerate the stories they put out and their quotes are always from unnamed sources.

NY Post & NYDaily Sports is a joke and the only people who actually read and comment on their sites are complete r****ds. Lin is still a sensitive topic there, so these types of stories feed the r****ds.

3. jlfans

jlfans Member

You let me think about the fan in Major League 2.
    In 0:47.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0RfMVu-bfng?list=PL728A8AE13A2EA6BC&amp;hl=zh_TW" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

That is the ridiculous.

5. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

nasty toxic media... I hate NY.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Folks need to remember that NY local papers, unlike the Houston Chronicle, have heavy competition with each other. So, they are always sensationalizing every story and drumming up drama. This kind of stuff is pretty much par for the course. Jerome Solomon is nothing compared to these guys. Imagine there are multiple papers and each of them employ multiple Jerome Solomons/Josh Innises, etc.

Mitch Lawrence is trafficking in Lin stuff today, a couple days later he'll be killing Melo, Amare, Felton, or Kidd.

7. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

No...... this is personal with Mitch Lawrence and Frank isola ever since Lin
    avoided them when he was injured at the end of last season with the Knicks.

The two sports writers from NYDaily News has been bashing Lin since then
    on every articles they wrote because of the perceived snob and being
    ungrateful after they hyped Lin so much before that. They haven't said
    anything postive about Lin ever since that time.

8. mirus

mirus Member

this too. i've also heard that some chinese/taiwanese media bashes him when he didnt grant interview or something like that in their favour.

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

How do you know this happened?

10. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Who needs Mitch Lawrence to smear Lin when we have people on this board who do that everyday? Soon the NY media will cherry pick comments from here..."people close to the team" "league source" "insider"....

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

You don't think Felton and Kidd for 3 year deals worth less than 20M and Lin's 25M deal was not a better business decision for the Knicks. Felton has been just as good in the pre-season as Lin. The Rox took a risk with Lin just based on his limited experience and his knee injury which he himself complains about makes it even more of a risk.

12. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

Because both Frank isola and Mitch Lawrence wrote articles about Lin
    avoiding them at the time, and that's the first time they started taking
    shots at him as being upgrateful.

It's was pretty obvious, before that incident they have nothing but good
    things to write about Lin and overhyping him like crazy, afterward they
    pretty much try to smear Lin every chance they got with their articles and
    radio/TV interviews. It's like they are saying we can build you up, and we
    can break you down just the same.

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

IT'S TWO PRESEASON GAMES. My ****ing lord, do you not realize how ridiculous it is to draw any conclusions from these? Nick Young is leading the NBA in scoring in the preseason; he must be on Durant's level!

As for the "business decision", it's a complete and utter disaster. This is a league where quality beats quantity every single time. You could find three or four 15 ppg players (OMGZ, 50 ppg total!!!) with solid defense for the price of LeBron. Does that mean the Heat made a poor "business decision" signing LeBron? The Knicks let a promising young point guard with upside walk to sign a washed-up fat guy and a 40-year-old alcoholic without knees. No NBA executive outside of Isiah Thomas would support this.

As for the motivation, it's simple. Aside from media pee-pee games, the perception around New York is that Lin gave them the finger on the way out based on revising the original agreement. They're angry. Their egos came out bruised, and combine that with the most arrogant and self-righteous city I've ever seen... and you end up with hit pieces like these. The writers are just playing to the ignorant masses. We need to get better at ignoring them, because every time Lin has a game under 25 points, some variation of this will be published. That's New York.

2 people like this.
  14. mirus

mirus Member

you didnt read the sports grid article.that one takes the cake.although berman,mitch & isola deserve honorary mentions

15. webattorney

webattorney Member

I agree with Roxxy

Don't expect Lin to score 20 points every game. He realizes that Rockets team is gelling and need a facilitator to get them good shots. I think he's coming along nicely, except he has to knock down open jumpers more often. I see improvements to his play from last year in that he's less erratic. Parsons, Aski and Kmart are all going to benefit from JLin's facilitating.

16. webattorney

webattorney Member

Good point sidestep

Not all assists are equal. If JLin can help Rockets to win, that's all that matters.

17. webattorney

webattorney Member

Good point slowturtle

I laugh at people who expect anyone in Rockets, let alone JLin, be a dominating player of Durant or LeBron caliber. First of all, those players don't come along often, and second, there is none in Rockets at this point, so the "team" concept in passing and movement has to be the way to go. One good thing is that all Rockets players seem to be decent passers and relatively unselfish. I like what I see so far.

18. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response to Lowry

You said what I wanted to say but better. I looked at JLin's defense closely, and it's not that bad.

19. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

When did Lin "complain" about his knee injury...when did Lin complain about ANYTHING at all?

I watched the Knicks/Celtics game last night. There's nothing exciting about Felton/Kidd or the 35(?) years old rookie. I doubt if anyones buy tickets to a Knicks game specifically to watch their PGs.

The NY fans who accept the Knicks letting Lin go are the ones who have a delusion that the may get Chris Paul next year with the cap space they won't have "because CP3 and Carmelo are good friends".

20. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

Better BUSINESS decision? Hell no, are you serious? MSG stock lost more money in the weeks after Lin signed with the Rockets than Dolan would have paid in luxury tax by signing Lin.

Better BASKETBALL decision? Hell no, Felton is a scrub and Kidd is a shell of his former self. Knicks have no young talent left aside from the injured Shumpert so if they don't contend for a championship this year (which they won't) they have reached their ceiling. The Knicks' best chance for a championship would have been if Lin and Shumpert continued to improve and the rest of the team learned how to play as a team.