1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IS LEONARD BETTER THAN HARDEN?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RyanB, May 6, 2017.

?

IS LEONARD BETTER THAN HARDEN?

1. YES

63 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. NO

35 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. ONLY ON DEFENSE

51 vote(s)
    34.2%
  1. RyanB

RyanB Member

Simple question

CertifiedTroll likes this.
  2. valorita

valorita Member

In a vacuum yes. In a perfect system tailor made for Harden? We'll see

mdoggnic and Fansince80 like this.
  3. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Hell no! Ask NBA scouts why is markelle fultz seen as the top guy over Josh Jackson despite his team not making the ncaa tournament. Only if you are a special prospect compared to LeBron or harden can you miss the ncaa tourney and go number 1 in the draft like Ben Simmons last year

Harden is still getting better at 27, when we thought he peaked last year. Lead the league in assists your first year as a pg...CRAZY

Until kawhi shows he can do what he is doing now under a nate McMillan or Kevin mchale type of coach I think he's stinks of being overrated

jevjnd and roslolian like this.
  4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yes at sucking ****

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Quite possibly, not like there is shame in saying that though. Harden is still one of the best players in the world, we can still win this series and send him home.

I honestly don't care, I hope Harden's team is better than Kawhi's team.

6. dmoneybangbang

I think so but it's very subjective. Leonard doesn't run the offense but he is so good at everything else.

pgabriel likes this.
  7. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

No.
    Aldridge and Gasol would be our 2nd best player. Mills is as good as anyone not named Harden on our roster. Ginobli/Parker are HOFs. Pop is a better coach than D'Antoni. Kawhi has played on teams with great rosters, players who care, and a superior organization. He hasn't spent a milisecond with a Dwight Howard, JB Bickerstaff, or a Kevin Mchale in leadership roles. James has had to carry the Rox from Day 1. James get criticized by fans and media alike, taking the blame when his teams fail. The love that Kawhi gets from fans and media for being "underrated" is X-Rated. When the Spurs fall short its Aldridge, Pops, or just old age. It's never Kawhi's fault. Harden and Leonard are treated sooo differently that its hard to compare.

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Swap Kwai wth Harden and the Rockets would probably be facing elimination this Sunday.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Is ALL-CAPS for thread titles better than normal titling?

Simple question

YES
    No
    Only on Reddit and Spurstalk​

11. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Ask Jason Terry.

Last I heard Kawhi was a B-side player compared to Mr. Harden.

I'll go with player evaluations made by respected NBA vets. No offense to resident BBS scouts like _holic.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jason Terry's opinion is not to be trusted. Terry said Westbrook is the MVP of the league.

13. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Did he really?? OK, I stand corrected.

Carry on...

14. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Yes, yes he is..

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

More consistency and doesnt become a defensive liability

ak99999, CapelaOnlyFan and Fansince80 like this.
  16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I think he is.

But it doesn't really matter. Teams win, not players. Harden is good enough to win a championship and that's all that matters.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This really isn't a good time to have this argument (for the Nth time), as everyone's perceptions are really clouded by recency.

Like other very excellent players, Curry, Irving, Thomas, I don't think Kawhi could lead a mediocre team in the way Harden has. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kawhi is the ultimate #2 guy, Harden is an ideal #1 guy. For that reason I say Harden is better, but it all depends on what you measure.

On the Spurs, in a Popovich system, Kawhi is the better player and the better fit. Kawhi is more disciplined, a better shooter, and better fundamentally.

Harden is more creative, and has a more dominant offensive mindset.

By many measures I could even convince myself that Kawhi is the better player, but they're both MVP caliber players with games designed for different systems.

I think Harden's boxscore impact would be greater than Kawhi's on most NBA teams. But I think Kawhi brings more of a defensive and blue collar approach to the game (which I actually prefer).

In conclusion..... them boys both good. But Harden has a lot of aspects to his game that annoy me.

rocketsfan611, Easy and DudeWah like this.
  18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

No but I do think Leonard has a higher Killer Instinct.

ak99999 likes this.
  19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Leonard is the better all around player of the two. That's not insulting Harden either. Harden is trying to accomplish things Leonard has already done (champion, finals MVP, leading a team to a 60 plus win regular season, etc.)

20. MystikArkitect

If you gave 32 GM's the choice of starting a team with Leonard or Harden, who do you think they would choose?

There's your answer.