1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is LeBron coming too?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dicksont, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Yes, I was born in 1992. Didn't become a rockets fan until around 2003/2004 if I remember correctly. I have no idea what it's like for my team to win an NBA championship. I just don't like Lebron and don't want him on the Rockets. I don't think that's unreasonable. I'm sorry if it offends anyone but I know there are plenty of other fans who agree...I'm not sure why my opinion is so controversial

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

If I was Daryl Morey I would go after Lebron with everything I had because it would be my job.

3. theimpossibles1

You are basically saying you don't want the Rockets to win a title. I understand that you prefer to win a title with your ideal lineup of perfect characters but in the current NBA that is unrealistic. And what do you have against LeBron? The dude is a proven champion, a top all time player and clearly has a winning mentality. Sure he has had a couple less than perfect moments (the 'decision', the cramps etc) but these are essentially harmless little messups. Harden goes to the stripclub after getting smoked out of the playoffs. Cp3 is considered one of the dirtiest players in the league. Do you not want them either?

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You got me by 13 years. I am 12 now.

My best moment is 33 points in 13 seconds

5. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I don't think Lebron James is the only way to win a title. He's always rubbed me the wrong way..hell, kyrie may not like him either and they won a championship together. The Decision didn't help. I just don't like him lol. I think we can win a title if we add Melo; maybe that's foolish? I trust our staff and players in that scenario...and yeah I like Harden and Paul despite their perceived character flaws *shrug* I just do. I don't get the hate for my comments

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

My only point is that I don't think you have to be a Lebron fan in order to be a Rockets fan

7. theimpossibles1

Really solid logic there.

8. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Liking someone is completely subjective, there's rarely a logical argument involved. But if I have to give reasons to satisfy you:
    1) he seems like a dunce
    2) the decision
    3) he seems controlling and temperamental
    4) I don't think he has a good sense of humor
    5) ring-chaser who lied to his hometown
    6) fake introspection in his tweets / tries too hard, etc.

Whereas Paul and Harden have better personalities. They seem more cerebral and easier to get along with. Kobe is one of my favorite guys to listen to; I respect guys like him. Lebron seems like the intellectual antithesis of Kobe.

Lebron is perhaps the greatest player on this planet. If we absolutely need him to win a title, so be it. If we don't (which I think is possible), I prefer that route

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I was with you until you said you like Kobe. Kobe is like the least likeable super star of all time, although KD is getting up there.

bobloblaw and Jayzers_100 like this.
  10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Yeah the alleged rape (if true) would make me hate him. I don't take those things lightly. But as far as intelligence I think he has Lebron whipped. He's a student of the game. Lebron is just dumb imo

11. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I'm not just talking about the rape. Kobe is just a straight up sociopath. And his fake toughness bullshit with his stupid scowl always pissed me off.
    Lebron isn't the most eloquent speaker, but he is in no way "dumb". He's just not. If you hate dumb players, you must really hate D Rose.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  12. theimpossibles1

I accept this answer.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  13. theimpossibles1

Except the first part. Intelligent people always have criteria for liking or disliking someone.

14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I think Lebron has a ton of basketball IQ, but yeah he's not very eloquent or charismatic to me. I despise Rose haha..plus I'm convinced that he actually committed rape

15. theimpossibles1

33 points in 13 seconds?! Link please ;)

16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LeBron is coming if LeBobby Brown wills it.

it is known.

18. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

LeBron reportedly wanted Kyrie for CP3 trade 2 years ago...

I hope MDA makes CP3 work out

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If that's true it would seem like Lebron really Really wants to play with Chris Paul. Too bad he isn't on the Rockets and went to the Lakers and all we have is Nene and Pau Gasol.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

I am a big Lebron fan but I wouldn't want him on the Rockets, its because Lebron doesn't want to play in a system he wants to BE the system. As we can see in CLE its very disruptive and can rub other stars the wrong way, if Lebron comes in he is gonna want "his guys" on the team, fire the coach and get a new Lue on the job, fire the gm and get his own man there etc its gonna be the Lebron Rockets. And maybe that would be fine if Lebron is 28 and the best player in the world by a huge mile but thats not the case anymore, we don't have 4 time MVP Lebron we have old man Lebron now, his game has shown cracks (fading performances, missed dunks etc) and these cracks will just get wider.

If Lebron was like Cp3 who will come in and try to fit in with the guys and willing to stand shoulder2shoulder with Harden then ok. But clearly Lebron is not that type of guy. People who want him on the team don't realize that, maybe because they aren't huge Lebron fans like me.