1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is LeBron a little b****?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, Jul 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

This is where the unfair perception based on history is.

History will show that Kobe stayed on one team. And it will show Lebron jumping ship in his prime to a team that has another alpha male superstar. Joining Bosh is fine, but going to DWade's team in your prime reeks that you couldn't handle being (didn't want to be anymore) the alpha male on your team.

1 person likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

They built it wrong. If they built it correctly LBJ wouldn't have left and they would've won a championship by now. Look at what Presti is doing in the thunder, then compare it to what Ferry did in cleveland. Big diff.

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

LOL, I highly doubt Kobe would have stayed in LA if they only gave him Mo Williams and jamison as the 2nd and 3rd best options on the team.

4. Major

Major Member

Or, it just means he was interested in putting himself in the best position to win rather than to push his own personal ego. Is the goal to win a title, or is the goal to "be the man"?

I don't like Lebron AT ALL, but this seems like the least selfish decision.
    In Cleveland, everyone would have adored him. In New York, he would have been at the center of the world. Now, he's going to split the glory and attention to have a better shot at a ring. Since when is that now a bad thing? :confused:

5. Apps

Apps Member

The Celtics Big Three was, in my mind, broken. The Lakers trade that landed them Gasol was, in my mind, broken. But this? This is shatteringly broken. I can't believe that there is actually going to be a team in the NBA that has Lebron, Wade and Bosh on it.

The comparisons will inevitably arise with the whole "Jordan, Pippen, Rodman" precedent, but that doesn't make this situation anymore level. The rest of the league must be fuming at this ****. It's all within the parameters of league rules, cap salaries and stuff like that, sure. But just the concept of it, just the idea of it... disgusting, in my opinion. This is Yankees level B.S.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Or how about it shows that LBJ doesn't let ego get in the way of winning. Humans aren't dogs, we have the ability to reason and think about things logically. Stayin in cleveland to be the alpha and play 10 years without winning anything isn't very bright. Its like a fish staying in his pond so he can be the big fish in the whole area.

Alpha smalpha, if LBJ thinks he has the highest chance of getting a shot then he'll take it. You act like he's some sort of 2nd tier star when he's the MVP is way better than Wade at this point.

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I guess trying to win a ring isn't important? I guess drxler drooling over playing with dream every year was a b**** move too.

1 person likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Actually he already had Odom and Bynum and was still threatening to jump ship :rolleyes:

9. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Principal is the same. Did moses go on to national tv? or you gonna tell me there aint no TV exist back then?
    Its not about logic, its common sense.

Things cleveland done other than offering max: Shaq, Varejao, Mo Williams, Jamison.

Did I mention Delonte West who made his mum happy...twice?

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

exactly. Preach on bro. These guys make me sick.

11. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

But at the same time, it's really not the Yankees, because the remaining 9 or so players are going to be average or below average. In baseball, you can spend all the money you want and have all the talent you want. But since there is a cap in basketball, they are reserving a giant chunk of their cap space for these 3 guys, while sacrificing the remaining roster.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Also did people care about Moses Malone enough to watch an hour program?

LOL the only reason he can hold an event like this is because people care, and are interested with what he's gonna do. Its a testament to his popularity more than how big his ego is.

13. Akim523

Akim523 Member

No They didnt.
    Had Lebron manned up and played like a grown up they would have won the championship this year.
    It was on Lebron, he was gutted by the fact that west slept with his mum so he quit on his team.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He's not a b****.

[​IMG]

15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Good post, though I kind of agree with the OP.

I don't care that he left the Cavs, but to make a spectacle about it and to do that to fans who celebrated him as a hometown hero on national television is a dick move. He also never once thanked the fans in Cleveland for their support all these years.

Makes you wonder even more, considering the reports about the alleged agreement weeks ago between the three, about him screwing Cleveland when Bosh rejected a sign and trade because he and LeBron had already agreed to play together in Miami.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No one will care if LeBron wins 6 rings.

17. VanityHalfBlack

Is LJ the next Jay Leno???

18. Major

Major Member

I think it's silly, but it's not Yankee-like. What makes the Yankees unique is that they can simply outspend everyone else. They have a built-in advantage that no one else can functionally match. Miami can't do that - any team had equal ability gut their roster to do what Miami did (NY, for example, tried). Miami has 3 great players, but the tradeoff for that is that they have to figure out to create the rest of the roster.

19. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Did anyone offer Moses Malone an hour long special on national TV?

Come on man, you have to admit that James is the superstar and that there are millions of people who watched his announcement and are still watching ESPN right now and even more talking about this as I type. Moses was not even close to what James is right now. Then we just have to consider personalities, James is a showman, Moses is not. When you combine all of these factors, why react like this? This is expected. Enjoy.

Those players are not comparable in the slightest to Wade and Bosh. Again, come on now, they had nothing but money and I guess emotion.

20. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Rockets fans cared.
    The reason Im here is because Lebron's shameless self promotion pissed me off
    Same as cavs fans, they did all they can, down to their knees hoping for him to stay, he didnt. They didnt win the championship because he quit. Now he went on to TV saying hes leaving?
    Its not about popularity, CB4 could have done the same, Amare could have done the same but they didnt, they felt like they owed the teams that made them who they are now, but you cant say the same to Lebron.

This whole decision making drama is sad, all three of those guys knew where they gonna go prior to 1st of July(according to kenny smith), yet they intentionally created all these dramas to draw attentions.

**** them all.