1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is LeBron a little b****?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, Jul 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

Since they are burning LeBron's jersey around Cleveland, I wonder if they will set that giant "We Are Witnesses" poster downtown on fire? That might be cool to watch. I'll bring the marshmallows.

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I saw leebigez in your sig and wondered what that was about...you're a man of your word... :)

On Lebron, the general consensus should be now that he'd rather ride coattails to titles instead of leading teams to titles. It might be an unfair opinion but he's actually going to go through with it unlike Kobe was threatening to.

Larry Bird said it best when asked once about superstars joining on the same teams, he said he wanted to beat those other superstars, not join them.

#82 v3.0, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

And I don't think it's set in stone that Wade will be the man on this team. We'll see.

4. bjshot

bjshot Member

He might win some titles, but will never be the goat.

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Chris Bosh just got demoted from Robin to Batgirl. Can't wait to see them fail!

6. fanwq

fanwq Member

100% agreed.

7. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

It's Wade's team. Always will be.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I expect the dynamic will be a lot like how it was on the Olympic team.

And people that keep hating on Wade and LeBron for not being good defenders ... wait and see how they shut down opposing wings next year. Even Bosh will turn out to be a really good team defender when playing alongside those two.

9. durvasa

I am a catty computer programmer with no ego, afterall. :)

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why is it not an outrage that he hyped up the media, and used an hour-long show to announce to the world he is dumping his hometown fans who have been supporting him the last 7 years?

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

LeBron is a b**** but Kobe isn't?

The same Kobe that wouldn't play for Charlotte when he was drafted? The same one who demanded a trade until the Lakers got Pau Gasol?

12. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Did Moses go on to ESPN and announce where he was gonna go?
    Did Houston do whatever it takes trying to retain him?

No, Moses isnt. Lebron James is a b****, without the loyalty.

13. durvasa

I distinctly remember him getting crucified in Cleveland during the Boston series. A lot of Cavs fans were openly calling him a loser and practically telling him to get the hell out. Perhaps some of that rubbed him the wrong way. At the time, I thought it was extremely stupid for them to respond that way.

14. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

LOL, you guys are horrible. I think this really says a lot about Lebron's desire to win. Nobody will remember this offseason years from now when he's got 4 or 5 championships in the archives. Players that can make a ton of cash AND be on a great team aren't stupid or b****es...you guys are serious haters.

I think the years he spent in Cleveland have showed him that no matter how good you are you still need other great players on your team to win it all.

15. luisantonio1014

I really feel bad for Cleveland and the Cavs. They completely built that team around him and he basically deserted them! All the guys they brought in who desperately wanted a ring, and now they're gonna be a lottery team.

16. MD_in_Training

For me, it's just disappointment that Lebron doesn't have a killer instinct. Kobe may be a prima donna, but he wanted to be THE prima donna.

Like Bill Simmons said, Kobe would never have wanted to play with Wade. He would have wanted to beat Wade.

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I agree 100%. If they were coming to houston, it would be all gravy, but now lebron is a b****. He did everything he could and when cleveland tried to small change jackson last year, it proved to be the end. If they had Jackson vs jamison, they would've beaten boston and made it to the finals with homecourt. He did what he could and owes the city 0

18. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This is not an attempt to defend James as much as it is to point out faulty logic.

Did ESPN exist back then? Did NBA fans care as much about Moses as they do about James now?

What did Cleveland do to try to retain him besides offering him the most money?

19. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i'll tell you what...

if the rockets aren't on TV, i know who i'm watching...

don't lie, you would want to watch them either get beat (goliath) or watch them play championship basketball.

every team in the league will have these games pegged on their schedule. they are now on everyone's radar.

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Of course not, he played with the most dominant player in the league for his 1st 8 yrs :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.