1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is LeBron a little b****?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, Jul 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. clippy

clippy Member

I think you are giving him too much credit for his Finals performances. Isn't he under 40% career wise? That last game 7 has to hurt!

Good lord goodbug is a dumb as a rock.

2. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

No, he didn't, I may be dumb, but you are a liar.

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i'm pretty sure kevin garnett is a great example of someone who should have gotten the F out of dodge. he's the poster child for having your career wasted. he spent the prime of his HOF career getting knocked out in the first round, then as soon as he left he found the championship he always wanted**, and then his body broke down and may have cost him another title or two. i'm pretty sure no star wants to have to go through the KG career track and that's probably one of the biggest things lebron had on his mind. cleveland doesn't have up and coming young players and little to no room to maneuver to get anyone better and clearly it isn't enough. whether you want to say them not winning means lebron should take a hit to his legacy because he's not good enough or you want to say the role players aren't good enough, it doesn't make sense to keep rolling the rock up that hill just so you can say you didn't leave.

**granted, once he started winning and lost that "underdog loser" tag, it turned out he was a pretty huge douchebag (at least on the court), but i'm sure he'll trade that hit to the rep for the title any day of the week.

4. francis 4 prez

5. francis 4 prez

nah, he's still keeping it real up at 41.2%. but the 40.6% was very similar to the 40.5% vs boston this year. he's suprisingly close to 50% on true shooting percentage though (50.7%).

6. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Yeah well IMO, KG did give his all, and i respect that. Its not his fault that the wolves management couldn't bring in a team around him, we can all have Daryl Morey's ;)

The whole 'decision' crap just doesn't fly with me, i feel he is acting like a douchebag, but that is my opinion..

7. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

No. He just pulled a b**** move is all.

8. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

This. KG wasted his prime years toiling in mediocrity - look at the toll carrying those Minny teams for all those years did to him. Now he's pretty broken down and will most likely end his career with only one ring.

I'm sure this played a part in Lebron's decision. Sure if he won a ring in Cleveland, it'd be much sweeter and the better story, but the flipside is ending up old, broken-down and ringless. He went for the better opportunity to win and make history on a team w/ massive potential - I completely understand why.

9. drzucchini

drzucchini Member

The Cavs had the best record in the league for the last two years. Surely his teammates couldn't have been that crappy.

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Well we will find out just how good they are this year, won't we?

11. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

Exactly. Kobe threatened to leave the team a few years back. He whined and b****ed until Gasol was brought in.

12. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

Clearly you didnt watch Mo, West, Jamison, Parker. etc play during the playoffs.
    Here you go:
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/60YWxNt9zbs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/60YWxNt9zbs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

13. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Here is what Kevin Garnett told LeBron James. Makes you think

"Loyalty is something that hurts you at times, because you can't get youth back. I can honestly say that if I could go back and do my situation over, knowing what I know now with this organization, I'd have done it a little sooner."

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/5/14/1471987/lebron-james-free-agent-knicks-cavs-kevin-garnett-loyalty

14. goodbug

Kobe could leave, but he's not gonna follow another top player like a lapdog, let alone 2.

If Kobe's put in LeBron's shoes, he could take Cavs, Knicks, Bulls, but never Heat.

15. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

he's listening to a douchebag like KG? the Twolves were screwed b/c KG was getting paid a ridiculous amount and then the Joe Smith incident.
    the heat will be one of the teams to beat no doubt. and i hope every single one of their games is a long toilsome upward battle because u know theyre going to b dancin durin their wins.

16. HoustonRockets

Kobe can't win alone either. He has the best offensive big man in the league on his team.

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The consensus is that Pippen was a great second-fiddle. Nobody considers him a good top dog, unlike Lebron and Wade.

As good as people think Gasol is now due to his play with the Lakers and Bryant, no one considers him capable of leading a team to a title (which again isn't the case with Lebron and Wade).

18. clippy

clippy Member

Well, that's because he was a great second-fiddle. But he was obviously considered a top dog in the years MJ sat out, because he was voted #3 MVP then. His career would have been very different had he not been drafted to the team with the GOAT on it.

Educated fans realized how good Gasol was before he joined the Lakers. He has not changed as a player one bit. And there's no reason he couldn't lead a team to a title with good players around him. He was the best player in the Finals and actually the whole playoffs last year, but of course with alpha dog Kobe on the team that's not going to be hyped. Perhaps the perception is that he isn't a top player, but the reality is different. When Gasol is on a good team, they win titles. When he's not, they go lotto or lose in the first round. Same as Kobe. Only the media says otherwise.

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

He was by their repeat in the late 80s, and it wasn't close.

What about a 40 year-old Kareem or Mychal Thompson and Worthy? Are they also better than Wade and Bosh? Lebron/Wade/Bosh are all in their primes, right now.

I agree here, but don't remember what you were responding to. I'm sure the Lakers would gladly swap out Bynum for Bosh and Odom for James however.

"Still hasn't won jack without tons of help". They won 61 games without those guys. After adding McHale and Parish, they won 62 games. I'm going to assume Bird would have got it done eventually. It's fairly obvious. A rookie McHale being compared to a prime Bosh and Wade is completely laughable, btw.

Yes, I'm saying that. Robinson and Pippen were simply not clutch players. To think they could fill the role Wade did is silly. Why are we talking about Robinson in his prime again?

I agree with that. You don't have to compare across eras to see that no top 3 players have willingly decided to team up with each other. None of the examples provided are similar.

20. goodbug

LOL, Gasol had one all star appearance, zero all NBA team appearance before joining Lakers. And that's after 7 NBA seasons as the best player in his team. Best season number before joined Lakers, 20.8/9.8

Show me a player that had led a team to championship with that kind of resume. Your credibility is all time low now.