1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is LeBron a little b****?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, Jul 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

it's Chosen 1, not Chosen One. you don't wanna look ridiculous having Chosen One tattooed on your back, now do you Max?

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm not sure how anything you said justifies calling me a hypocrite, nor does it sway my opinion. In fact, you're basically being dramatic through all the strange comparisons that you made to trades and moving out of state.

If you have followed sports, any sport, any player, you will understand that what LeBron did was unprecedented and very media-whorish.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

crap!!! now you tell me!!! thanks a lot!!! %$#@^!~!!!!!!

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

1) he left $30 mil off the table (barring any sign and trade) so he can win? yet he's a b*tch?

2) this is what sports is all about winning. the guy basically may have sacrified a GOAT legacy just so he can taste winning. and yet he's called a b*tch?

nevertheless, all this is for naught when lebron continues his reign as the best player next year and wins another MVP. and trust me, lebron will win another MVP next year even if wade and bosh on his team.

5. dback816

dback816 Member

The 1 hour special was very media whorish, but at least it was also for charity. Yea you can say why can't he just shell out a big check, well why don't you?

Everything else he did he did it to win. Now suddenly people want to complain about it.

Are you guys also going to complain that he is all about the money if he stayed in Cleveland?

6. t_mac1

who cares if he's a diva? or an attention w****?

let's talk about him as a basketball player. if you can't appreciate the things he sacrificed "publicly" (and hence the backlash he's experiencing now), well...

7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

While he did sort of show a little lack of confidence, he also showed he cares a lot more about winning than his personal, individual legacy... or money.

I don't know why people are so hateful about this. Bitter, sure, this could potentially make the NBA pretty boring, and we all would have preferred if Lebron went to our team, or at least stayed in Cleveland, but this doesn't say that he's mentally weak or anything. It just shows that his priorities lie with winning.

And I mean, c'mon... no one wants to be in Cleveland. Plus, they had their chance. They failed over, and over, and over again to put a decent supporting cast, or even a decent sidekick next to Lebron.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You can change your mis-printed ink to

"Chosen GOne"

or for sexy

"Chosen BOne" :eek:

9. t_mac1

the lack of confidence? we'll have to see how he plays next year.

if he defers to wade or bosh, you can make that claim.

if he comes out and just straight up dominates every game as usual despite having wade/bosh on the team (like he does with all-star games), then no.

10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

OK, even though I don't agree with napalm, and I would tend to mostly side with you, this is ridiculous. Completely invalid argument. Napalm doesn't have tens of millions of dollars. Plus, making the event for charity could very conceivably be another way for Lebron to try to draw himself positive attention.

Either way, does anyone really know if Lebron pushed for the ESPN gig more or was it ESPN?

11. dback816

dback816 Member

Relatively speaking of course, I obviously don't expect anyone here to put up that kind of cash. And so what if he's drawing attention? People got no right to complain (and quite a few people did ask why doesn't he just skip the ESPN special and write a check) about charity when they themselves are spending on random crap.

I don't think I need to pull out facts about how much difference 50 dollars can make in some person's life across the ocean.

12. blink

blink Contributing Member

i dunno why people are hating on lebron. before this summer, i didnt like lecrab/lechoke at all but it's hard to fault him for wanting to win. i like the game and what lebron did was all about winning

sure, he didnt have to go on espn and make a big fuss about it but hey, ppl wanted it and tuned in to see what he'd do.

13. RockyChamp

RockyChamp Member

Back in 2006

http://tinyurl.com/2uyc5hp

14. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Back in 2006

http://tinyurl.com/2uyc5hp

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well technically he didn't go on a team that is already established.

16. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

LOL, nice find.

<object width="388" height="394" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=channels/nba_tv/2010/07/08/20100708_lebron_barkley.nba" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=channels/nba_tv/2010/07/08/20100708_lebron_barkley.nba" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="388" wmode="transparent" height="394"></embed></object>

Barkley emphasizes the importance of LeBron's age and why it will always be viewed as piggybacking at the age of 25, when you're entering your prime. And what being the MAN, or on the Jordan/Kobe/Hakeem level, is all about.

Historically, this is a first. And it's going to cause some backlash against the LeBron brand unless they really do win 2-3 titles with LeBron as the clear cut MVP. There's literally no room for error now that he's chosen to tip toe around adversity.

17. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

^^^ b**** !! :grin:

This will all be forgotten in next June.

18. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

I am not sure what you are smoking.
    Didn't you keep talking about how Kobe couldn't win without Shaq and Gasol.

OK, let's say LeBron win the next 10 titles, not a slap in your face?

19. t_mac1

the same way shaq and gasol couldn't win without kobe. it was YOU who said kobe "came up with wins" like he did so himself.

and if you want to talk facts, kobe was the best player in 2 of those 5 championships.

if the heat win, lebron will be the best player no questions asked.

20. t_mac1

1) Please look up the definition of piggybacking. what lebron is doing is NOT that. he's the best player out of the 3.

2) lebron will be the clear-cut MVP. everyone and their mama knows lebron is clearly the better player than wade. wade admitted himself last year.

and what people will overlook is that wade WILL get injured at some point in time and miss some games. bosh may himself too.

lebron is very durable and he will carry the team moreso than the other 2.