1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Larry Sanders meeting with the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockergordon, Oct 12, 2015.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Not really, this kid is okay with flying... in more ways than one.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Me spewing hate??? I'm the one who wants to take a chance on the guy. If anyone is spewing hate and intolerance, it's the guys who do not believe Sanders can ever be productive again.

3. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Calm down, Royce.

D-rock likes this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

I remember in the Larry original thread, some people said that the Rockets owner was a animal rights activist or smth. If so how willing will he be in signing Larry the puppy abuser?

5. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member

Yes you. You are the one prejudging.

I'm fine with a team that NEEDS a center and can afford risking salary, a roster spot, team chemistry and media circus to follow if things go sour taking Sanders. I'm just telling you Les isn't taking on a guy with this track record. Les let's Morey take chances on players but a guy that has done everything from abuse animals (Mrs. Alexander's favorite cause is animal rights) to tearing a team apart with fights, Morey is too smart to ask about him even if he wanted him here. Sorry buddy, it isn't happening.

6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Member

No thanks, Capela + DMo/Jones are all the reserve bigs we'll need. If we upgrade PF, it should be an allstar.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not prejudging the shortsighted know it all naysayers, just calling them out. You know who you are.

8. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

If Nene decides not to re-sign after what happened today, i say why not give Larry Sanders a shot. He will have the chance to play in summer league.

Brown Lost It likes this.
  9. King901

King901 Member

Not sure we're that desperate

saleem likes this.
  10. Garner

Garner Member

After the Cavs lost Bogut, they gave Sanders a look and passed.

Something is happening when you get in front of the guy that teams are just unwilling to touch.

saleem likes this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

**** ass bump

Pen15clubber and mightybosstone like this.
  12. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I'm thinking he is a huge pothead

It's kind of hard to justify signing a guy who quit on the NBA, something most guys only dream of. Oh and you can't forget the tens of millions of dollars he turned away.

13. Garner

Garner Member

Professional sports teams are more than happy to look over regular pot use.

I don't think teams trust he wants to play and will put forth the effort, frankly.

14. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Yeah, but if somebody smokes blunts that paper does damage the lungs. Now what's to say he didn't smoke cigarettes and drink as well? What if he did other drugs? Why did he want to get out of the league so bad?

The shape you have to be into play in the NBA is crazy

15. mightybosstone

There are probably at least a dozen free agent big men I would want the Rockets to consider before ever thinking about possibly signing Sanders. Not worthy of a bump.

saleem likes this.
  16. Garner

Garner Member

You're right. Drugs are bad.

Look at the NFL though -- Pot and Alcohol is not a problem.
    I don' think Meth/Heroine is an issue for Mr. Sanders, so then you have to look elsewhere..