1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Kurt thomas Healthy? Let's trade for him.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by franchise?..NOT, Oct 11, 2007.

Tags:
  1. franchise?..NOT

JL3, Sura, Head for a, if healthy, KT. JL# fits on a young growing team as does Head. They aslo get some cap relief and we get a solid hard player to win with now. He also spent some years in Phoenix and so should be able to run and gun or play low post for us. Good back up 4/5 if you ask me.

2. bigbadjon_e

bigbadjon_e Member

I don't think Seattle is going to trade Thomas so soon. He hasn't played for them yet.

3. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

They need KT. They don't have much depth at the 5. We'd have to give them Jackie Butler. And because they would waive Sura immediately, it'd have to be a 4 for 1 deal since they have 14 guys on their roster. So Sura, Butler, Head, and Lucas does make sense.

4. franchise?..NOT

They have a ton of 20 year old centers from recent drafts and not enough guard depth. They are young and can't possibly expect to win this year and are picked to finish poorly by most. This deal works for both teams IMO.

5. uchlha

uchlha Member

is his contract expiring? because if i remember correct hes owed a crap ton of money

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Thomas would be solid. I am also down with persuing Webber. Not the tough rebounder or athletic shot blocker we need. But he does know this offense. He could numb the learning curve if he came off the bench. Great guy to have for 1 year while the team adjusts to the motion O. Especially early in the season.

7. franchise?..NOT

He's in for two more years. We have the players to trade and make this happen. KT's health is the only issue to me.

8. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

lol thread starter. is your name a knock on francis? :D

9. compacer

compacer Member

We shouldn't trade for KT. We should let Butler develop behind Yao and Deke so he can become our number 2 center once Deke retires. No need to hold back a young star with potential for an old man with knee issue.

10. CowboyJeffR

CowboyJeffR Member

I agree. With Yao, Scola, Hayes, Butler, Deke and Battier at times, we have plenty of capable bodies to man the 4 and 5.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We would have been scary with Kurt Thomas last year......

12. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

We need no trades right now our roster is straight, until the regular season and some of our weakness will start to be exposed. If we do trade it needs to be like a four for one, meaning we trade the four for a player that could upgrade our starting line up or be a top seven player on our team. Like a Rafer, Head, Snyder, Landry, two first round picks, for Kobe .........ha ha ;)

13. Trip

Trip Member

Kurt Thomas can play on the high post as a mid-range shooting center/power forward, but I think his plodding style on offense won't fit in with what we run here. Sure, he moves around and sets picks, but his lack of speed won't get him free for any open shots under the basket. I doubt he can even get down the floor faster than Yao.

14. bbjai

bbjai Member

Seattle wouldn't pull this in any way shape or form. Seattle traded for Kurt Thomas to give them veteran experience and leadership. There is no way they will pull the trigger on it

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Seattle's already loaded to the gills at PG with West, Ridnour, and Watson. Head might interest them, but they traded their TE just for Thomas. If they wanted young, questionable players they would have used their TE for them straight up.

Also, no thanks to Kurt Thomas.

16. franchise?..NOT

Thanks for the discussion.

Pre-injury, KT was a force to be reckoned with and would have had Yao's back big time. Not Charles Oakley but had better offense.

I am just looking for guys to bring back for a package of all the guys we are going to cut or let go.

After watching the Rox last night, i am OK with what we have at the 4 and the 5 looks well manned if undersized.

17. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Kurt Thomas can be obtained for any combination of our leftovers (Reed, Snyder, Butler, Landry, JLIII, Sura's contract), then the Rockets have to do that. Even if he only plays spot minutes, he's a veteran 4/5 with good size who can play D (or at least offer 5 hard fouls). Better to get something for our extra players than nothing.

I don't know if I'd want to include Head, though. I'd rather keep him through midseason to see how he's progressed. If he looks like he's peaked at last year's form, that's when you start shopping him.

18. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Butler only got 4 minutes in the garbage time last night and got a bunch of 0's in his stats. Sounds like things are not going well for him.

19. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Let's trade for Rasheed Wallace instead, he'll bring some fire to this team.

People throw out the craziest trades on this forum.

We need to get rid of players, not add some. I say we see how this group pans out and then see what kind of players we need to trade for.