1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is KPJ consciously envious of Green's 30-point streak?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tuk88, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Tuk88

Tuk88 Contributing Member

I sure hope not, but 0 assists at the half, the predominance of iso ball and seemingly little regard for assisting Green in scoring. Obviously an individual's scoring streak shouldn't be a team goal, but then again, it's not like the Rockets are trying to win, so what's the harm in supporting individual accomplishments, like Green did with Josh Christopher scoring 30, or when teammates helped Porter hit a triple double? It's not like Green is breaking KPJ's assist record or anything. Hopefully this is one of those immature moments that KPJ grows out of, because it certainly appeared to be obvious.

Assists from 12, to 11, to 8, to 4... along with the most field goal attempts in his career... hopefully not a coincidence.

Look up 'hierarchies of actualization' vs 'hierarchies of domination'. Success, rewards and winning goes to supporting/actualizing each other, not competing with them for your own benefit.

My only intention is to call out any potential bs before it actually becomes a problem.

#1 Tuk88, Apr 5, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  2. vator

vator Contributing Member

No. That’s not the issue.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It could be that Porter is playing out of position, or its just MY imagination

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I really wish people would stop chasing ghosts trying to find smoke so they can cry fire.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

KPJ played great tonight. He managed to score pretty big buckets out of nothing when our players would throw him the ball with no time left on the shot clock.

I would rather he look to score rather than hesitate to hunt for assists.

6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think this thread is reading too much into things that aren't there. KPJ is just not a natural point guard, or a particularly gifted distributor. Jealousy? Envy? All that stuff we have no clue about, and there hasn't been any evidence of KPJ and Jalen not getting along.

KPJ isn't doing anything maliciously, he's just playing out of position.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

KPJ is not jealous of Jalen Green, IMO.

KPJ just doesn't have the awareness to move defenses consistently without scoring.

KPJ doesn't think the EASY pass is the best play.

8. Tuk88

Tuk88 Contributing Member

Read the game thread, it seemed pretty obvious. The point is, to call these things out early before they become fires when it really matters.

Assists from 12, to 11, to 8, to 4... along with the most field goal attempts in his career... hopefully not a coincidence.

9. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I would rather him not iso, iso, iso.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

it's not about hunting for assists with me. It's about passing to the open guy right beside you and that being enough for that possession.

people acting like his critics dont like KPJ, we dont like that he doesn't see the easy play in front of him.

11. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that's the part of KPJ's game that I absolutely hate watching. It's not like he's a harden level isolation scorer (or even JCrawford yet) and it almost always ends up in a contested step-back or a grenade to someone else at the last moment. KPJ is much better when he's decisive and/or going downhill. He can actually make some pretty good passes off the drive and kick, it's just that he can't run an offense well at all, in my opinion.

BHannes2BHonest and Stephen_A like this.
  12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He was problematic in the 1st half (15 shots, didn't convert at a higher rate), but significantly better in the 2nd half (11 shots, converting most of them).

That being said, I'm still not sure why Silas insists on gluing both of them together. In the 2 minutes that Green played without KPJ (beginning of the 2nd), Green scored 7 points going 3-4.

Both players need their minutes staggered, the lineups tonight without KPJ and Green looked disastrous.

13. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Sometimes it feels like Silas is purposely destroying our player's rhythm with his rotations. It makes no sense to sit Green when he had just scored 7 straight, even if he's over the usual amount of minutes. It makes no sense to play Mathews, Christopher, KJ, Nix and Garuba together. I am just bamboozled by some of the lineups being shoved out there.

Maybe it's because we're not trying to win. Maybe it's because Silas just doesn't know what he's doing. I can see how much Green has improved, so I guess he's doing something right, but right now I don't think his coaching is particularly good.

14. conquistador#11

This has been the case all year

VickMackey, Believe It! and Roomba like this.
  15. vator

vator Contributing Member

I just watched an interview the other day where KPJ did mention that when Jalen does something good it hypes him up and he wants to do something good too. Said they feed off each other’s energy. Now you can take that a few ways. He definitely meant it in a positive way and it’s not that he sees Jalen as his competition, but for some reason in his mind he feels he needs to score too so that Jalen doesn’t have to carry the load on his own.

burlesk, bmelo, BigggReddd and 5 others like this.
  16. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Nah, I think he was more caught up trying to prove himself against Kyrie and KD. As annoying as it was tonight, he has to find a balance BUT I love that KPJ and Green have that extra gear or it factor for the big games. They’ve shown multiple times this year. It’s rare to have that one dude on your team but I believe we have two of them and that could be special if it works all out.

17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Kpj gives off a lot of vibes. I don’t think jealousy is one. He and green seem close.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Threads like these is y boobythegreat enjoys calling any folks that like green, a cultist.

Kpj just sucks at being a point guard, finding ez shots for his teammates.

Man could shoot but has a hard time helping his teammates.

It's not that hard of a concept. He ain't jealous.

javal_lon, Stephen_A and Denovo like this.
  19. Denovo

Denovo Member

He tried to step up against Kyrie, the same way he went at Steph and other top tier guards this season.

Y’all don’t have to turn everything into a negative lol.

20. kpdark

kpdark Member

Maybe the staff wants him to put up another 50-point game to justify some past and future decisions, lol.